[sale] Midgard Bestiary: 13th Age Compatible on sale

In this dark time, new heroes must arise to claim the crowns of Midgard, and restore the jewels to her scattered thrones...
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[sale] Midgard Bestiary: 13th Age Compatible on sale

Post by Big Mac » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:49 pm

Midgard Bestiary: 13th Age RPG Compatible (PDF) is on sale. (It's at $7.49 instead of $9.99.)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: [sale] Midgard Bestiary: 13th Age Compatible on sale

Post by Tim Baker » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:58 pm

This is a great resource, and one that I use without hesitation in my 13th Age games. Not only does it deliver a bunch of additional monsters, but these are often demihumans of various races and expertise who are largely lacking from the Pelgrane bestiaries. Plus, this book includes the Midgard icons and several playable races for Midgard PCs. Combined with the 13th Age core book and the Midgard Campaign Setting, you'd have everything you need for a Midgard campaign.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:58 pm

Tim Baker wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:58 pm
This is a great resource, and one that I use without hesitation in my 13th Age games. Not only does it deliver a bunch of additional monsters, but these are often demihumans of various races and expertise who are largely lacking from the Pelgrane bestiaries.
So would you also use the generic bits of this book with the default Pelgrane setting too?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:08 am

Big Mac wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:58 pm
So would you also use the generic bits of this book with the default Pelgrane setting too?
Absolutely. Few of the monsters are so closely tied to Midgard that they couldn't be used in the default 13th Age setting. And even if they are, a GM can always choose to either introduce Midgard monsters as coming from Midgard, simply make them a part of the default setting, or reskin the monster, using its stats, but giving it a different appearance/motif.

Similarly, the PC races can easily be present in the default setting, even if they're unique or extremely rare.

Of the PDF's 110 pages, 14 are dedicated to the icons, which wouldn't be a good fit for Pelgrane's Dragon Empire. The rest of the book is valuable to expand options in a Dragon Empire game.

Thanks for the great question!

Return to “Midgard”