The cleric of Crom

"Crom, count the dead." Discuss the Conan campaign setting (based on the Hyborian Age Conan the Barbarian, created by Robert E. Howard) as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
The Book-House: Find Conan products.

The cleric of Crom

Postby T'masD'Mazz » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:07 pm

Basing my statement on the description he is given in the books, while Crom is a cold and unforgiving deity, that do not means that he should not have a cult, or priests, like is usually depicted in the games; the fact he is known and named, means he actually has a cult of some sort, so there are shamans which at the very least appease him; Personally I do allow for Cimmerian to be clerics of theyr Pantheon's deities, including Crom; In my hopinion Crom is a Greater Deity, C/N, and his favored weapon is the Greatsword; His symbol is a bear skull, and his Domains are: Chaos, Destruction, Earth, Strenght, War, Weather. (Pathfinder), Destruction, Storm, War. (4th ed) War, Storm. (5th ed). Since usually I set my game in the Animated Series universe, I have him as C/G, and change Destruction and Earth with Liberation and Good.
His Dogma is always some sort of answer of the Riddle of Steel, Crom lives, with the rest of the Cimmerian Pantheon in the shared realm of Steel Walhalla, on Ysgard.
T'masD'Mazz
Goblin

Re: The cleric of Crom

Postby Big Mac » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:56 pm

I've not followed the Animated Series. It seems strange that they would change Crom to good.

I know the d20 System version of Conan tries to ignore alignment.

I don't suppose we would ever know what Conan's creator would do in a tabletop game. :-)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: The cleric of Crom

Postby T'masD'Mazz » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:10 pm

Crom is referred as opposed to slavery, and Conan himself is doubtlessly showed as C/G, in the series. I like to use Hyboria as one of my many D&D settings, and, as such, I keep alignement system..
T'masD'Mazz
Goblin

Return to Conan