[5e] Lankhmar: Hafner Campaign House Rulebook

Newhon's City of Sevenscore Thousand Smokes, based on the Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser stories by Fritz Leiber.
The Book-House: Find Lankhmar products.

[5e] Lankhmar: Hafner Campaign House Rulebook

Postby Big Mac » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:10 am

I bumped into a GM who is running a 5e D&D campaign in Lankhmar using Princes of the Apocalypse.

Here is what he said to me about his campaign at the Nightwatch of Lankhmar group on Facebook:
Jay Hafner at the Nightwatch of Lankhmar group wrote:Im currently running dnd 5e Princes of the Apocalypes south of Karteshla. Ive run so nuch stuff in the cities of Warhammer, that it is kinda second nature to use Nehwon. I just reskinned all of the dnd race stats to Nehwon races. Ive got a house rulebook if youre interested.

Obviously, I said I was interested, as I wouldn't be starting a topic about it here, if I wasn't. ;)

He was kind enough to put his: Lankhmar: Hafner Campaign House Rulebook online.

It's seven pages long and has a list of useful WotC documents at the end of the booklet. If you are thinking of running a Lankhmar campaign using 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons rules, you should definitely look at this. In fact, it might be useful even if you are not using 5e.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [5e] Lankhmar: Hafner Campaign House Rulebook

Postby Big Mac » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:09 pm

It looks like Jay's download has stopped working.

I've contacted him in the group, where I spoke to him, to see if there is a problem with it.

(If it comes back with a different URL, I'll change the link in my top post.)
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Case ee » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:16 am

Big Mac wrote:It looks like Jay's download has stopped working.

I've contacted him in the group, where I spoke to him, to see if there is a problem with it.

Seems doubtful after all this time, but I hope he sends you new link. I'd really like to see what he did with magic in this setting
Case ee
Goblin

Postby Big Mac » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:23 pm

Case ee wrote:
Big Mac wrote:It looks like Jay's download has stopped working.

Seems doubtful after all this time, but I hope he sends you new link. I'd really like to see what he did with magic in this setting

Maybe he didn't see my post in the Lankhmar group.

He is still active on Facebook. I've sent him a PM. We are not friends on Facebook (not yet anway) so Facebook will probably bury my PM and not allow him to see it.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Case ee » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:41 pm

Thanks!
Case ee
Goblin

Postby Big Mac » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:25 pm

Case ee wrote:Thanks!

You're welcome.

Sadly, I've had no response to either yet. But people who make cool fan material do seem to get busy with "Real Life™" at random times.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Angel Tarragon » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:56 pm

Nutsy fagin. I was hoping to nab that document.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby rabindranath72 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:19 pm

I am going to try a short campaign in Lankhmar using D&D 5e. Here's what I am going to use:

- Available races: humans only

- Available classes: Barbarian/Berserker, Fighter/Champion, Fighter/Battlemaster, Rogue/Thief, Rogue/Assassin, Warlock/Great Old One

- Characters start at 3rd level (so they immediately start with an archetype)

- Use the Factions system (a good option considering all the Guilds in Lankhmar)

- Use of the "Healing Surges" option (DMG p.266)

- Use of the "Gritty Realism" Rest Variant (DMG p.267). Yes, this puts a big dampen on Warlocks, which matches the overall "feel" of sorcery in Nehwon
rabindranath72
White Dragon

Return to Lankhmar