DCC Lankhmar Kickstarter

Newhon's City of Sevenscore Thousand Smokes, based on the Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser stories by Fritz Leiber.
The Book-House: Find Lankhmar products.

DCC Lankhmar Kickstarter

Postby The Dark » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:24 am

Goodman Games has put a Kickstarter up for a boxed set licensed by the Leiber estate for Lankhmar in the Dungeon Crawl Classics ruleset. It's already hit the minimum funding level, so it will be produced. I'm still debating whether to back, but wanted to let the forum know about it so anyone who has an interest can have a gander.
The Dark
Ogre

Re: DCC Lankhmar Kickstarter

Postby rabindranath72 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:37 am

I am still on the fence. I am no fan of DCC rpg to be honest (I really hate the "weird" dice), and I don't think that DCC would be a better fit for Lankhmar than D&D unless some (many) changes are applied to the rules; for example, the concept of Patron for wizards is really questionable, clerics don't seem to exist, sorcery (the few instances we see in the tales) doesn't seem to be unreliable etc. So I'd first like to see how they addressed these points (we already know they are going to use Patrons, so that's a strike against it to begin.) The best treatment I have seen to date of Lankhmar, is the Lankhmar Unleashed book for RuneQuest (apart from the fact that parts of the rules are written for a weird hybrid of MRQ I and MRQ II; the usual Mongoose cockups.)
rabindranath72
White Dragon

Re: DCC Lankhmar Kickstarter

Postby catseye yellow » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:01 am

i disagree. first and foremost luck stat is great fit for any thieves oriented campaign. second, clerics are out. third, i really don't see what is the problem with patrons. fourth, weird dice? we live for the weird dice ;) fifth, unreliable sorcery is there (spells in lords of quarmall)

in a word: dccL will be the best lankhmar ever. on the other hand there are some peeps that hate DCC rules and its 'swingy' nature and that is fine
catseye yellow
Goblin

Return to Lankhmar