Lankhmar/Newhon maps

Newhon's City of Sevenscore Thousand Smokes, based on the Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser stories by Fritz Leiber.
The Book-House: Find Lankhmar products.

Lankhmar/Newhon maps

Postby Big Mac » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:36 am

Are there any websites out there with maps of Lankhmar and/or Newhon?

Do any of the past or present RPG products include maps?

Is there anything like a Lankhmar computer game that includes maps?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Lankhmar/Newhon maps

Postby Sturm » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:23 am

It seems there is this one:
http://scrollsoflankhmar.com/rpgguide:maps:mapsofnehwon
Tsr 1144 Lankhmar boxed set had a beautiful map of Nehwon.
IIRC Nehwon supplement had only a bw map of the continent.
I think there are no videogames set in Lankhmar..
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby finarvyn » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:00 am

My all-time favorite map of Nehwon came in the old TSR boardgame called "Lankhmar." Kind of hard to find now, but it's a hex-map on plastic so that it won't tear. The game itself is pretty decent, but the map is my go-to for any F&GM role playing.

For the city of Lankhmar I like to go with the old CIty State of the Invincible Overlord (Judges Guild).
Finarvyn
Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
OD&D Player Since 1975
Original D&D Discussion
I'm partly responsible for the S&W White Box
finarvyn
Orc

Postby rabindranath72 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:01 am

I like the map and geomorphs in the AD&D Lankhmar sourcebooks. Very flavourful, and useful at the table.
rabindranath72
White Dragon

Postby Big Mac » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:12 pm

finarvyn wrote:My all-time favorite map of Nehwon came in the old TSR boardgame called "Lankhmar." Kind of hard to find now, but it's a hex-map on plastic so that it won't tear. The game itself is pretty decent, but the map is my go-to for any F&GM role playing.

Do you mean this map from the 1976 Lankhmar boardgame?
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby finarvyn » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:57 am

Sorry. New computer and lost my bookmarks. Totally spaced out on the Piazza and haven't been here in a very long time. :oops:

Big Mac wrote:
finarvyn wrote:My all-time favorite map of Nehwon came in the old TSR boardgame called "Lankhmar." Kind of hard to find now, but it's a hex-map on plastic so that it won't tear. The game itself is pretty decent, but the map is my go-to for any F&GM role playing.

Yes, that's the one. It does have a bit of a scale issue, as cities shouldn't be multiple hexes in size, but I love hex maps and would like to someday get a decent electronic version of it for campaign use. Also there aren't that many details of the locations found there for hexcrawl adventures, but I haven't seen any Nehwon maps with that kind of detail, hexes or no.
Finarvyn
Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
OD&D Player Since 1975
Original D&D Discussion
I'm partly responsible for the S&W White Box
finarvyn
Orc

Postby Big Mac » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:14 pm

finarvyn wrote:Sorry. New computer and lost my bookmarks. Totally spaced out on the Piazza and haven't been here in a very long time. :oops:

Welcome back! :)

finarvyn wrote:
Big Mac wrote:

Yes, that's the one. It does have a bit of a scale issue, as cities shouldn't be multiple hexes in size, but I love hex maps and would like to someday get a decent electronic version of it for campaign use. Also there aren't that many details of the locations found there for hexcrawl adventures, but I haven't seen any Nehwon maps with that kind of detail, hexes or no.

There are a few people around who make fan maps. Maybe one day someone will make a fan map of Lankhmar, similar to that one, and then add on details from the books and the various RPG products.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Lankhmar