[Middle Earth] The One Ring

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.
PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

[Middle Earth] The One Ring

Post by PelinoreRevived » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:27 am

Does anyone else here have any interest in Cubicle7's The One Ring Game? I just bought the pdfs and am thoroughly impressed, even though it does have a few minor flaws imho.
PelinoreRevived, the artist formerly known as KneverwinterKnight

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: The One Ring

Post by Havard » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:52 pm

I am interested. I will probably buy it even if the chances of getting to play it are pretty slim.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

Post by PelinoreRevived » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:06 pm

I would consider running a game online - or taking the ferry from Fredrikshavn to Norway - if you want a session LOL

rabindranath72
White Dragon

Post by rabindranath72 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:06 am

kneverwinterknight wrote:even though it does have a few minor flaws imho.
I have been in the playtesting group, I would be interested to hear what the flaws are in your opinion.

Cheers,
Antonio

PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

Post by PelinoreRevived » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:15 am

Hi Rabindranath ... Don't get me wrong, I think it's an excellent piece of work and I look forward to playing it. I'm still reading the game, so my earlier post might have been made in haste, but I'd be glad to post my opinions on the game when I'm finished.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:46 am

kneverwinterknight wrote:I would consider running a game online - or taking the ferry from Fredrikshavn to Norway - if you want a session LOL
God, it's been ages since I played MERP. I'd love to play in the setting again so online is the best option for me (I live in the states). I'd need some help getting a character generated as my funds are currently tied up in Paizo material, but I am more than willing to play.

rabindranath72
White Dragon

Post by rabindranath72 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:37 pm

kneverwinterknight wrote:Hi Rabindranath ... Don't get me wrong, I think it's an excellent piece of work and I look forward to playing it. I'm still reading the game, so my earlier post might have been made in haste, but I'd be glad to post my opinions on the game when I'm finished.
My question was genuine, I did not feel "attacked" at all; I am the first to think that there are at least two or three weak spots which could have been addressed. I am definitely interested in hearing your opinion. :D

PelinoreRevived
Lurker Above

Post by PelinoreRevived » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:47 pm

rabindranath72 wrote:
kneverwinterknight wrote:Hi Rabindranath ... Don't get me wrong, I think it's an excellent piece of work and I look forward to playing it. I'm still reading the game, so my earlier post might have been made in haste, but I'd be glad to post my opinions on the game when I'm finished.
My question was genuine, I did not feel "attacked" at all; I am the first to think that there are at least two or three weak spots which could have been addressed. I am definitely interested in hearing your opinion. :D
Thanks :D Neither was I being defensive, I just thought I needed to back pedal a bit on my earlier statement because I hadn't finished reading the rules and was perhaps being a little unfair. I'll probably post my complete review at www.pelinore.org when I'm done reading.

Giorgio
Ogre

Re: [Middle Earth] The One Ring

Post by Giorgio » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:32 pm

PelinoreRevived wrote:Does anyone else here have any interest in Cubicle7's The One Ring Game? I just bought the pdfs and am thoroughly impressed, even though it does have a few minor flaws imho.
Yes, very much so. I did some research on TOR as a game system and the reviews are generally very positive, and many GMs say its a great way to play the game, very true to the source materials in "feel and tone". I hope to run a campaign in the fall of 2018.

BlackBat242
Dire Haggis
Location: by the saline water - formerly in the Grand Valley of the Rivers

Post by BlackBat242 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:26 pm

Giorgio wrote:
PelinoreRevived wrote:Does anyone else here have any interest in Cubicle7's The One Ring Game? I just bought the pdfs and am thoroughly impressed, even though it does have a few minor flaws imho.
Yes, very much so. I did some research on TOR as a game system and the reviews are generally very positive, and many GMs say its a great way to play the game, very true to the source materials in "feel and tone". I hope to run a campaign in the fall of 2018.

Just fyi - the post you quoted was posted Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:27 am.
profile info wrote:PelinoreRevived Last visited: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:19 am
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
"I have a catapult. Give me your money or I will hurl a large rock at your head".

"Buffy, Blade... its up to you now." George Takei

The only time a Vampire should sparkle is right before they explode

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:47 am

I have yet to play or run TOR, but one of my friends is currently running a campaign. He is very happy with the system. I have some of the books and they look gorgeous. :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Return to “Middle-earth”