My GURPS Cthulhu campaigns

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

My GURPS Cthulhu campaigns

Postby timemrick » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:21 pm

Back in the 1990s (1995-2000, to be precise), I ran a couple of short modern-day Cthulhu Mythos campaigns using GURPS Third Edition and the (then fairly new) GURPS CthulhuPunk sourcebook. Back then, I posted some of my notes on those games to my Yahoo! GeoCities page, and later migrated them to Wikispaces; both sites are now long gone, but I did save copies of the files. When I was migrating content to Thastygliax's Vault (my current gaming site) a couple years ago, those GURPS Cthulhu pages were a very low priority, so weren't posted there at that time. However, I discovered that the Internet Archive's WayBack Machine* had copies of some of those Cthulhu pages, so I simply added a link to the Vault homepage.

Today I decided to see exactly how much of those GURPS Cthulhu notes survived, and started copying them over to the Vault. I've finished the pages that the WayBack Machine had, but still need to go through the files I saved from my Wikispace account to fill in the gaps. Here's the link to My GURPS Cthulhu Campaigns.

* I also found the pages for a couple other projects on the WayBack Machine that I had never moved from GeoCities to Wikispaces, like my GURPS Sluggy Freelance rules. Those will eventually get copied over to the Vault, too, but I'm not sure when.
Tim Emrick, Green Ronin Freebooter and Keeper of the Freeport Errata
Winds of Freeport: My Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
Time of the Tarrasque: My new Pathfinder game (2017-).
Studded Plate: My blog about RPGs and LEGO.
Thastygliax's Vault: My other gaming pages.
timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Re: My GURPS Cthulhu campaigns

Postby timemrick » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:05 pm

I've finished tracking down and uploading the rest of the files, so that part of the Vault is as complete as it's going to get.

I still game with two of the players from my second Cthulhu campaign. It was the first RPG that I ever ran for them--and one of them later become my wife. As such, that game has enough nostalgia value that I wouldn't rule out revisiting those characters someday, but it's likely to involve a different system if it does happen. GURPS 4E is the most obvious choice, but their character concepts would work just as well in Buffy/Angel or Fate.

ETA: And checking my notes, I've noticed that campaign started 20 years ago last month. That's a pretty impressive anniversary! I think I know what my next blog post will be about...
timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Postby Big Mac » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:42 pm

timemrick wrote:And checking my notes, I've noticed that campaign started 20 years ago last month. That's a pretty impressive anniversary! I think I know what my next blog post will be about...

...the launch of your new Tim's Cthulhu Errata Section, perhaps? ;)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby timemrick » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:23 pm

Big Mac wrote:...the launch of your new Tim's Cthulhu Errata Section, perhaps? ;)

Nah, I've already got a few of those. :ugeek:
timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Postby Yaztromo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:37 am

Thank you!
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Postby Big Mac » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:14 am

timemrick wrote:
Big Mac wrote:...the launch of your new Tim's Cthulhu Errata Section, perhaps? ;)

Nah, I've already got a few of those. :ugeek:

Nice! You are a good man, Tim.

You must help a metric ton of gamers, with those things you stick up. :cool:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Call of Cthulhu