My CoC campaign ("The Armitage Files")

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: My CoC campaign ("The Armitage Files")

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:50 pm

agathokles wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:47 pm
Big Mac wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:16 pm
agathokles wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:39 pm
Now we are playing Horror on the Orient Express. For now, they are doing better :-)
Is that a Cthulhu version or something else?

Have you got a topic for it?
Yes and no, Horror on the Orient Express is not directly a Cthulhu version of Murder on the Orient Express, but the eponymous train takes a major role in this campaign, as the players are led to find parts of a magic statue in Paris, Lausanne, Milan, Venice, Trieste, Zagreb, Vinkovci, Belgrade, Sofia, and Constantinople, thus following the route of the Simplon Orient Express (the adventure starts in London).

I don't have a topic for this one, as the adventure is much less open-ended than The Armitage Files, so it is not as interesting to read an account of it (and, actually, it would be mostly spoilers).
But the adventure is starting in London, GP.

London is pretty interesting. ;)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Re: My CoC campaign ("The Armitage Files")

Post by agathokles » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:04 am

LOL! Yes, the adventure starts in London, and has a brief prologue there which starts several threads that recur in the campaign (an aggression against the PCs' mentor, the mysterious death of three identical turkish gentlemen, and trains).

An interesting aspect of the campaign is that is contains several episodes set in the past, one of which can be played as a prequel, set 30 years before the current time (i.e., in the 1890s), while the others can be played as intervals while the main party is reading accounts of those events in old books (as one is set during the crusades, and another during the foundation of Constantinople).

GP

Return to “Call of Cthulhu”