Thoughts on Hadarus

150 years after the defeat of the Titans, the world remains scarred and untamed.
The Book-House: Find Scarred Lands products.
Cliffrice
Troll

Thoughts on Hadarus

Post by Cliffrice » Thu May 31, 2012 7:17 pm

I was looking at the gods list on Library of Lokil and i came across "The willful Son of Belsmeth" by the name of Hadarus and thought it might be fun to flesh out this complete blank slate as a mini Community project.

I thought it would be fun to make him the god of revolution and Civil unrest. I would love some more ideas because i'm bad at this sort of thing. He probably died infiltrating a titans army sewing chaos and distrust in the ranks before he was discovered and destroyed.

Here are the domains i was thinking.
Hadarus: Evil, Trickery, Liberation (revolution), Strength (resolve)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Thoughts on Hadarus

Post by Big Mac » Thu May 31, 2012 8:44 pm

Is there any existing canon we can refer to? I tend to get ideas by looking at the canon and seeing how it interacts.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Cliffrice
Troll

Post by Cliffrice » Thu May 31, 2012 10:14 pm

nope completly blank slate except for the fact that he is willful, Maybe im missing something somewhere else but i think that his only mention.

Edit: He was Killed By Salrecians.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:56 am

Cliffrice wrote:nope completly blank slate except for the fact that he is willful, Maybe im missing something somewhere else but i think that his only mention.

Edit: He was Killed By Salrecians.
Trouble is that there are no book and page citations, making it a bit hard to repeat the research.

Over on the Scarn.com forums a user callee Covetous mentions that the gods were covered by a poster on the White Wolf boards (which no longer have Scarred Lands forums). I've had a look around via The Wayback Machine, but don't see anything useful.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Cliffrice
Troll

Post by Cliffrice » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:50 am

Um yeahthere is literaly nothing else about the guy other than he was willfull and was killed during the salrecian thingy.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:56 am

I wonder if someone on the inside, like Clark Peterson, would have a Scarred Lands design bible they could look this up in. :?

Cliffrice
Troll

Post by Cliffrice » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:22 am

i dont know how i would contact him my only contact within the company dried up after i got my spells and monsters published IN CC2 and RR2

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:42 am

Cliffrice wrote:i dont know how i would contact him my only contact within the company dried up after i got my spells and monsters published IN CC2 and RR2
I didn't realise you had been published in official Scarred Lands products. I'll ask Havard to add you to his Celebrities on the Piazza thread. (I take it you are Cliff Rice?) Do you have a blog or website or something like that (where you mention any other stuff you have done)?

I've only spoken to Clark Peterson on the Open Gaming Foundation mailing list, where he seemed to be pretty friendly to everyone. That has shut down now, but I think he might be on ENWorld as Orcus. I'm sure he is very very busy, but maybe he can point us in the right direction. I'll see if I can find him.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:11 am

Big Mac wrote:I didn't realise you had been published in official Scarred Lands products. I'll ask Havard to add you to his Celebrities on the Piazza thread.
Done :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Cliffrice
Troll

Post by Cliffrice » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:57 pm

Meh just a couple things really. Dark Wombs (Which they edited into a hag), Belsmeth Spiders (Origonaly Vangaul Spiders), Blood Reapers (Which they edited the heck out of compared to the origonal) and The dagger of undeath spell (Which had a template with it which they excluded.)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:44 pm

I posted a message to Clark Peterson on his ENWorld profile (I couldn't PM him for some reason). I didn't even know ENWorld had that feature for a while, so I hope he notices it and can spare a moment.

Cliffrice
Troll

Post by Cliffrice » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:08 pm

That would be cool.

Return to “Scarred Lands”