The Book-House on The Piazza

Discussion related to board management, suggestions for improvement, and formal announcements.
True_Atlantean
Hill Giant

Re: Amazon Associates site

Post by True_Atlantean » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:27 pm

Awesome. I see that 'Ed Greenwood presents the Forgotten Realms' has already been added. I was planning to buy it anyway, so I'll go through the Ye Olde Shoppe to do so. Thanks Ashtagon and Big Mac for making this happen.
The Mirage Arcana Podcast Archive has moved. Visit us here.
Keep up-to-date with RPG news at my Scoop.It page.
Kippers and Jam, a blog about roleplaying.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:45 am

True_Atlantean wrote:Awesome. I see that 'Ed Greenwood presents the Forgotten Realms' has already been added. I was planning to buy it anyway, so I'll go through the Ye Olde Shoppe to do so. Thanks Ashtagon and Big Mac for making this happen.
Ashtagon did all the work on this, so she - not me - deserves all your thanks. I do have wiki skills, but do not have an account for adding pages to Ye Olde Shoppe. If I did, I would put up pages for the rest of the Spelljammer line (and correct the name of "Spelljammer Wiki" on the existing links to my wiki :P ).

The only thing I've done is drop a few links elsewhere, so that people can use the Shoppe as part of their strategy for finding old stuff at non-bandit prices.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

True_Atlantean
Hill Giant

Post by True_Atlantean » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:43 am

Big Mac wrote:Ashtagon did all the work on this, so she - not me - deserves all your thanks.
Then thanks Ashtagon - much appreciated.
Big Mac wrote:The only thing I've done is drop a few links elsewhere, so that people can use the Shoppe as part of their strategy for finding old stuff at non-bandit prices.
Standing against banditry is an honourable profession - I have noted even in the last year that finding reasonably priced* material given the diminishing nature of the resource, has become more difficult. I'm dealing with Noble Knight a lot, but I'm determined not to become complacent and simply accept their pricing all the time.
Just another reason now to return to the Piazza, and encourage others to do the same.

*reasonably priced has the added dimension of not being ripped off on postage, hence my now complete rejection of eBay.
The Mirage Arcana Podcast Archive has moved. Visit us here.
Keep up-to-date with RPG news at my Scoop.It page.
Kippers and Jam, a blog about roleplaying.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:46 pm

True_Atlantean wrote:
Big Mac wrote:The only thing I've done is drop a few links elsewhere, so that people can use the Shoppe as part of their strategy for finding old stuff at non-bandit prices.
Standing against banditry is an honourable profession - I have noted even in the last year that finding reasonably priced* material given the diminishing nature of the resource, has become more difficult. I'm dealing with Noble Knight a lot, but I'm determined not to become complacent and simply accept their pricing all the time.
Just another reason now to return to the Piazza, and encourage others to do the same.

*reasonably priced has the added dimension of not being ripped off on postage, hence my now complete rejection of eBay.
Noble Knight are good people. Best way I've found to track their stuff is to subscribe to email updates, but then I get a lot that I'm not interested in. I wish they would make an API for webmasters that want to put up pages that compare prices of RPG books. :(

Not everyone on eBay is an eBay bandit, but we have so many people "working eBay" that the government here is looking to treat them as tax evaders, if they don't declare their profits.

To be fair to eBay sellers, I don't think all of them know how to get cheap parcel delivery (this is an example of how to do it in the UK) and I think that some people pay full price for shipping. However, some sellers are obviously using this as a cheeky way to add on a price increase. Worse of all are companies like Lulu, that charge much much more for shipping than Amazon and obviously have the volume of sales to get similar deals to Amazon.

Worse - much worse - than anyone charging bandit prices are the scuzzballs that are making fake D&D books, with exactly the same name as real D&D books, and filling them up with random content grabbed from Wikipedia and D&D wikis! I've seen some of these print on demand fake books on sale for $30.00 USD or more. I put up a couple of "Do not buy this fake book" reviews on Amazon.co.uk, but I'll never ever be able to do that for all of them. :evil:
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:44 pm

The Amazon.co.uk link for Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Forgotten Realms makes it look like the product is not on sale here. I've confirmed that Amazon.co.uk is selling it (on pre-order). :?

Ashtagon
Hierarch

Post by Ashtagon » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:52 pm

Big Mac wrote:The Amazon.co.uk link for Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Forgotten Realms makes it look like the product is not on sale here. I've confirmed that Amazon.co.uk is selling it (on pre-order). :?
Looked fine for me. Did you try reloading the page? Amazon's servers can be a bit quirky sometimes.
Emma Rome, otherwise known as Ashtagon
Overall site admin for The Piazza. My moderator colour is pink!

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:44 pm

Ashtagon wrote:
Big Mac wrote:The Amazon.co.uk link for Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Forgotten Realms makes it look like the product is not on sale here. I've confirmed that Amazon.co.uk is selling it (on pre-order). :?
Looked fine for me. Did you try reloading the page? Amazon's servers can be a bit quirky sometimes.
Ah. I didn't realise that Amazon's servers did that. I'll try reloading the page in the future, if that happens again.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:08 am

I don't see a subsection for Ravenloft yet. Shouldn't it be between Planescape and Spelljammer in the 2e Settings section? :?

Hugin
Green Dragon

Post by Hugin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Big Mac wrote:I don't see a subsection for Ravenloft yet. Shouldn't it be between Planescape and Spelljammer in the 2e Settings section? :?
I would have sworn that there used to be one. Did it get moved?

*checking it out*

Oh yes, it became a sub-forum under 'Other Worlds'.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:32 am

Hugin wrote:
Big Mac wrote:I don't see a subsection for Ravenloft yet. Shouldn't it be between Planescape and Spelljammer in the 2e Settings section? :?

*checking it out*

I'm not talking about the forum - I'm talking about the shop site. (I write in the Ravenloft forum. You should check it out.)

Ashtagon
Hierarch

Post by Ashtagon » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:34 am

Regarding the shop site's lack of Ravenloft...

:oops:

Actually, I am very aware of Ravenloft. Problem is, some of the material is 2e, and some 3e, and I have no idea which is which.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:44 am

Tarragonverse Index

Reading
Book/Novel: Back To The Future III novelization
RPG Reading: Sandy Petersen's Cthulhu Mythos

RPG Projects
Codename: Eternals (Pathfinder Kitbash, Multiple settings premise)
Codename: Trinity (One solar system with three inhabitated and Earth-like worlds in the Goldilocks zone / Codename: Eternals system, but none of the three worlds are connected to the Codename: Eternals setting)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Ashtagon wrote:Actually, I am very aware of Ravenloft. Problem is, some of the material is 2e, and some 3e, and I have no idea which is which.
My Ravenloft-fu leaves a lot to be desired too (which is why I've been taking the time to ask our more informed members questions in the Ravenloft forum).

TSR Archive has a page for 2e Ravenloft and another page for 3e Ravenloft.

Hugin
Green Dragon

Post by Hugin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:22 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Hugin wrote:

*checking it out*

I'm not talking about the forum - I'm talking about the shop site. (I write in the Ravenloft forum. You should check it out.)
Perhaps I should have actually read the thread's title!

:oops:

Ashtagon
Hierarch

Post by Ashtagon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:28 pm

Okay, we now have (mostly deadlink) product listings for Ravenloft, and a couple more items added.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:39 pm

I just noticed you have two missing Dragonlance DLQ products:

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:47 pm

Ashtagon has now given me editing rights on the Piazza Shoppe, so I'll be helping move this project forwards.

So far I've added a few extra indexes for campaign settings. I've also added a link to those indexes to the bottom of the forum blurbs at The Piazza forums.

I've also been talking to Ashtagon about adding links to PDF download pages on D&D Classics (or DriveThru RPG for non D&D products) to the pages.

There are a lot of red-links and I'm going to try to get most of those done before adding new links. But if anyone has anything they are thinking of buying please continue to make a request in this thread.

Return to “The Kippin' Griffin”