The Piazza, You, and Social Media sites

Welcome area for new members. With subforums for off-topic discussion, gamers seeking gamers and play by post gaming.

The Piazza, You, and Social Media sites

Postby Ashtagon » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:55 pm

• Facebook: The Piazza has an official Facebook page here: The Piazza Facebook page. In addition, The Piazza has an official Facebook group here: The Piazza Facebook group
  • Google+: The Piazza has an official Google+ community here: The Piazza Google+ page.
  • Skype: The Piazza does not have an official Skype presence, and there are currently no plans to acquire such an account.
  • Twitter: The Piazza does not have an official Twitter presence, and there are currently no plans to acquire such an account.
  • Youtube: The Piazza does not have an official Youtube presence, and there are currently no plans to acquire such an account.
  • Other RPG forums: As Ashtagon, I maintain an active presence on Giant in the Playground. I also have a less-used account on Enworld.

In the event of server downtime, announcements will be made on Facebook. If this becomes extended, admins who have accounts on other forums will post forum status updates on other gaming sites.

If you wish to report server downtime, please do so on Facebook, and note the time and date of the event, including which time zone of city you are in. Please don't try to convert time zones "to be helpful" when doing this, as daylight savings time varies in different regions in often-confusing ways. Your local city, date, and time will be fine.

----

If you want to post your own social media contact details, feel free to do so in this thread. However, please be aware that this thread is publicly visible, so only post details that you actually want to be publicly visible. There are options to add ICQ, AOL IM, MSN, Yahoo IM, Jabber, and personal website contact details to your profile on this website. In addition, you can send an IM within the forum interface to give out personal contact details. We do not advise posting personal email addresses on any forum in a publicly visible space.

Older relevant threads:

Emma Rome, otherwise known as Ashtagon
Overall site admin for The Piazza. My moderator colour is pink!
Ashtagon
Hierarch

Re: The Piazza, You, and Social Media sites

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:30 pm

Angel's Social Links

Tarragon Intermedia Links

Games

Product Lists

Tarragon Rpgverse
Campaign Concepts

PC Options

Settings & Worlds
Last edited by Angel Tarragon on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:14 am, edited 55 times in total.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:49 am

Knightfall's Social Links
deviantART
EN World
Facebook
LinkedIn
Twitter

Knightfall Press
Blogger (in limbo)
Facebook

Time of Ages | Steampunk Spelljammer
Facebook Group
Wordpress: Spelljammer Gone Wild
Yahoo! Group

World of Kulan
EN World Social Group and Forum
Facebook Group
Piazza Forum
Yahoo! Group
Last edited by Knightfall on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Big Mac » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:49 pm

Ashtagon wrote:

The Facebook page for The Piazza now has 596 likes! :o :shock: :| :) :D :mrgreen:

"Feeling brave tonight? How brave?
Brave enough to help The Piazza get 600 likes on Facebook?"

https://www.facebook.com/thepiazza.org.uk

Feeling brave tonight? by David Shepheard, on Flickr
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:22 am

Ashtagon wrote:

The Facebook page for The Piazza now has more than 700 likes! :o :shock: :| :) :D :mrgreen:
The Piazza has 700 Facebook likes by David Shepheard, on Flickr

EDIT: Blimus! The Piazza is up to 741 likes! Somebody must be inviting lots of Dungeons & Dragons fans that have not heard of The Piazza before! :o

Does anyone else have some friends they could invite? Do you think we could get up to 800 in one day? :twisted:
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:16 am

Well huzzah to that :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Ashtagon » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:02 am

I have just added an official g+ presence:

Google+: The Piazza has an official Google+ community here: The Piazza Google+ page.
Emma Rome, otherwise known as Ashtagon
Overall site admin for The Piazza. My moderator colour is pink!
Ashtagon
Hierarch

Postby Big Mac » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:10 am

Ashtagon wrote:I have just added an official g+ presence:

Google+: The Piazza has an official Google+ community here: The Piazza Google+ page.

As well as having an official Google+ community for The Piazza, there is now an official Google+ page for you to add to your circles. (It is mostly going to post in the Google+ community for The Piazza, so that I don't have to lend my personal account to The Piazza any more.)

(I've been told that, when enough people add The Piazza to their Google+ circles, it will be able to apply for a bespoke URL. I'm looking into that right now, but if you have a Google+ account, and like The Piazza, please pile on.)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Thu May 11, 2017 6:57 am

David "Big Mac" Shepheard on Social Media

I've seen a few people add their social media details, and I've had a few people hunt me down, so I thought I'd add a post about me, why I'm on the social media and who I want to meet.

Why I'm on social media

I'm primarily on Facebook. I went there to look for Spelljammer fans. I later started to search for fans of other D&D settings* (although that's more of a passive search than an active one).

* = I am especially interested in the various subsettings based on Krynn, Oerth and Toril and have been pushing towards getting enough fans/topics for every one of them go have their own bespoke subforums at The Piazza for several years. (I want to know more about these cult subsettings and include some of their themes in Krynnspace, Greyspace and Realmspace. So I'd love to have friends who are experts who can give me a bit of advice. :) )

I don't like Google+ as much as Facebook. And I like Twitter even less. I got nagged into signing up to Google+ by people who didn't like coming over to Facebook to talk to me. I use it a bit more regularly now, as I look after the social media pages for The Piazza for Ashtagon, but I'm not impressed by "Google+ is better than Facebook" hype. (Not to say that I love everything about Facebook - I think that all social media networks are out to look after themselves and Facebook is very good at "monetising" us - but please "show me your cool stuff" - don't tell me what social network to like.)

I like Spelljammer and I like 3rd Edition D&D. I have lots of friends who like other campaign settings and other rulesets. I even try to hook people up if I can**. I remember when I used to think that most people disliked Spelljammer (because I had listened to trolls and not realised how many fans were scattered about). That sucked, and I remember how much it sucked. So if I can pull fans of stuff like Malatra: Living Jungle, Jakandor or Tale of the Comet together that would be awesome. But please don't mistake my desire for other fans to link up as an invitation for people to tell me to stop liking what I like and do different stuff. (This especially goes for Pathfinder fans. I know it's based off of the 3.5 SRD. I know it's similar to 3.5. I don't want to "skip 3.5 and convert Spelljammer to Pathfinder". I've already been asked this multiple times. It's a bit frustrating for people to keep asking me this. :roll: )

** = Or help people on different social media sites team up here and build enough of a community to allow for a request for a custom forum. :)

If you want to add me on social media, I would hope that you talk to me at some point. I don't expect you to talk to me every day, but once or twice a year would be a nice minimum. There are some bots out there that sign up to lots of people to either collect information or to push content via the profiles of "friends". If you add me as a friend and then never talk to me, I am going to suspect that your account is a bot or spam account. If I think your account is fake you may be unfollowed or unfriended at some point. (You are really only wasting your own time if you don't want to talk to me.)

Please do not add me to any Facebook groups unless we have a conversation on Facebook and I tell you that I want to be added to the group. If you think I would like a group, please PM me a link to it or drop the link on my Facebook page. If you dump me into a group without asking me, I will just leave it.

Kickstarter promotions

Sending out a ton of friend requests to beg for money for Kickstarter promotions looks pretty scuzzy. There are a lot of people on social media who are now considering this to be spam. If you have a Kickstarter banner on your page when you send me a friend request, I'm going to suspect that you are trying to misuse our potential friendship as a way to use my social media account as an advertising platform.

If you have a Kickstarter to announce, I would suggest you start a topic over in The Wishing Well.

I do have some friends who are pros and I do have some friends who have run Kickstarters and I have even posted topics on The Piazza about Kickstarters and/or shared links on social media. But there have been enough people who push out Kickstarter begging messages and then never talk to me afterwards that I'm now suspicious of anyone who sends out friend requests while running a Kickstarter program. (As I said above, I'm looking for friends who will interact with me.)

Big Mac's social media links

If you have read through that lot and want to add me as a friend here are my pages:

If you live in London (or occasionally visit London) do let me know. Maybe we can meet up at some point. :)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby timemrick » Sat May 20, 2017 8:54 pm

Here's a summary of my online presence as far as games are concerned. Some of these (like my blog and my current campaigns) are linked in my signature as well.

Facebook: I'm not going to link my personal FB page for privacy reasons, but I have been involved in a few groups of interest to folks here:
Freeport: City of Adventure
LEGO Dungeons & Dragons (closed group)
Pathfinder RPG

Online forums that I frequent:
Ronin Army (Green Ronin Community)
Paizo Messageboards
The Piazza (mainly the 3E, 5E, PF, Freeport, and homebrew subforums)

My personal Piazza threads include:

My blog (about RPGs, LEGO, and my other hobbies):
Studded Plate

My gaming webpages (at Google Sites):
Tim's Errata Archive (unofficial fan errata for Freeport and selected other RPG products)
Adventures in Arcadayn (fantasy, GURPS 3E, 1998-2002)
The Kynthiad (solo campaign in Heroic Age Greece, BESM 3E, 2007-present)
Winds of Freeport (my most recent Freeport campaign, v.3.5/PF, 2011-2016)
Time of the Tarrasque (my current homebrew campaign, Pathfinder, 2017-present)
Thastygliax's Vault (other campaigns and miscellaneous gaming pages that don't have their own site)
Tim Emrick, Green Ronin Freebooter and Keeper of the Freeport Errata
Winds of Freeport: My Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
Time of the Tarrasque: My homebrew Pathfinder campaign (2017-).
Studded Plate: My blog about RPGs and LEGO.
Thastygliax's Vault: My other gaming pages.
timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Postby Big Mac » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:47 pm

Ashtagon wrote:

The Facebook page for The Piazza now has more than 1300 likes! :o :shock: :| :) :D :mrgreen:
via Imgflip Meme Generator

Meanwhile on the Google+ community for The Piazza:
via Imgflip Meme Generator

Thanks for all the extra love on the social media. :cool:
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby timemrick » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:27 pm

timemrick wrote:Here's a summary of my online presence as far as games are concerned. Some of these (like my blog and my current campaigns) are linked in my signature as well.

I recenlty posted a shorter version of my list (with a short blurb about each link) to my blog as "Finding Me Online."
Tim Emrick, Green Ronin Freebooter and Keeper of the Freeport Errata
Winds of Freeport: My Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
Time of the Tarrasque: My homebrew Pathfinder campaign (2017-).
Studded Plate: My blog about RPGs and LEGO.
Thastygliax's Vault: My other gaming pages.
timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Postby Havard » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:50 am

Main Hangouts
Facebook: Håvard Frosta
My Blog: Havard's Blackmoor Blog
My Blackmor Forum: The Comeback Inn
Twitter: HavardBlackmoor
Google+Havard Blackmoor
flickr: Blackmoorfan
Pandius.com My Mystara Articles

Other Sites
ENWorld: Havard
OD&D74 Forum: Havard
Dragonsfoot: Havard
CanonfireHavard
Dragonlance ForumsHavard
Cartographer's Guid: Havard
D6Online:Havard
Goodman Games:Havard
Purpleworm.org: Havard (Defunct)
Ruins of Murkhill: Havard
RPG.net: Havard
Tapatalk/Necromancer Games: Havard.necromancergames
Tapatalk/PiedPiper: Havard.piedpiperpublishing
Deviantart: Blackmoorian
Discord Havard

Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Return to The Philosopher's Stone