[WotC] Ravenloft as a live-in

The master of Ravenloft is having guests for dinner. And you are invited.
The Book-House: Find Ravenloft products.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

[WotC] Ravenloft as a live-in

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:20 am

This topic is being archived from the Ravenloft forum at Wizards of the Coast, prior to that forum being deleted. It was posted Sep 15, 2008 15:04:16.
marius4 wrote:So if the PCs aren't transported there but actually live in the world of Ravenloft--like, if that's where they buy their groceries everyday--how do you maintain the element of horror and entrapment in the campaign?
Social Media

Pathfinder 2E
The ABCs of Character Creation
Product Catalog

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: [WotC] Ravenloft as a live-in

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:21 am

the_wamble wrote:Well, the 3rd Edition version of Ravenloft (has published by Sword and Sorcery) typically assumes that the PCs are natives to one domain or another (which is why I never really cared for it) so I'd have a look at those books for some inspiration.
Social Media

Pathfinder 2E
Product Catalog

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:22 am

GreenKnight wrote:The latter half of Ravenloft in 2nd edition also generally assumed that most PC's were natives. As for entrapment, of course there won't be the same feeling as Outlander PC's. However, you're still unable to take advantage of planar travel like PC's from other settings. No journeys to the Astral Sea or Elemental Chaos for you. And of course, there's always the everpresent risk of the darklords closing the domain borders on you.

Whatever the case, I vastly preferred native characters over Outlanders. An Outlander or two here or there was interesting, but I preferred the majority of PC's as being natives.
Social Media

Pathfinder 2E
Product Catalog

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:23 am

The_Jester wrote:Instead of having campaigns focused on escape (where the PCs have only a loose attachment to people and places) instead they have to worry about friends and family and their homes. They become true heroes who aren't selfishly motivated by escape and freedom but out of a desire to make the world a better place... or driven by forces beyond their control to do the same.
Social Media

Pathfinder 2E
Product Catalog

Return to “Ravenloft”