Freebies!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Post Reply
Graeme
Goblin
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:33 am
Gender: male
Contact:

Freebies!

Post by Graeme » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:10 pm

I've mentioned this on various other groups and fora, so apologies if you have seen it already.

I added a Freebies page to my blog a few weeks ago (https://graemedavis.wordpress.com/freebies/). Among the links and downloads there you'll find a PDF with a couple of previously unpublished adventure outlines that I wrote for "Green and Pleasant Land" back in 1985-6. Three others from the same batch were published as “Trilogy of Terror,” White Dwarf #97, Feb 1988.

For those who are interested, I also posted "My Complete and Utter Cthulhu Bibliography" (https://graemedavis.wordpress.com/2015/ ... liography/) which lists all the work I have ever done in the Cthulhu Mythos.
Graeme Davis
Books for sale! Alive, alive-o! https://graemedavis.wordpress.com/my-books/

My Blog: https://graemedavis.wordpress.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Graeme-Davis-276379857250/
Twitter: @GraemeJDavis

Graeme
Goblin
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:33 am
Gender: male
Contact:

Re: Freebies!

Post by Graeme » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:20 pm

Oh, and while you're there, please check out the "My Books" page. This lists everything that still earns me royalties [rattles tin cup]. Thanks! :D
Graeme Davis
Books for sale! Alive, alive-o! https://graemedavis.wordpress.com/my-books/

My Blog: https://graemedavis.wordpress.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Graeme-Davis-276379857250/
Twitter: @GraemeJDavis

agathokles
Red Dragon
Posts: 7543
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 6:42 pm
Gender: male
Location: Milan, Italy
Contact:

Re: Freebies!

Post by agathokles » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:54 pm

Thanks!

G

User avatar
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon
Posts: 8858
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Gender: male
Location: Phoenix, AZ (USA)
Contact:

Re: Freebies!

Post by Angel Tarragon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:57 am

Thanks for the heads up.
When I hit 8,888 posts you're going to see some serious sh*t. :P

Social Media

User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
Posts: 24883
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: London UK
Contact:

Re: Freebies!

Post by Big Mac » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:43 pm

Graeme wrote:I've mentioned this on various other groups and fora, so apologies if you have seen it already.

I added a Freebies page to my blog a few weeks ago (https://graemedavis.wordpress.com/freebies/). Among the links and downloads there you'll find a PDF with a couple of previously unpublished adventure outlines that I wrote for "Green and Pleasant Land" back in 1985-6. Three others from the same batch were published as “Trilogy of Terror,” White Dwarf #97, Feb 1988.

For those who are interested, I also posted "My Complete and Utter Cthulhu Bibliography" (https://graemedavis.wordpress.com/2015/ ... liography/) which lists all the work I have ever done in the Cthulhu Mythos.
Thanks for posting this.

I don't know about the other people on The Piazza, but I'd rather be told about a cool freebie twice, than never find out it exists. (And thanks for putting them up online too.)

I'll have to get your various freebies namechecked in the appropriate "Other X Websites (& Free Downloads)" topics around the forums, as you have covered a number of different things.

(I think you might have even provided enough stuff for a GURPS freebie topic to go somewhere (maybe The Crunchy Bits) until/unless a bespoke forum comes along.
Graeme wrote:Oh, and while you're there, please check out the "My Books" page. This lists everything that still earns me royalties [rattles tin cup]. Thanks! :D
Holy moley! You are one of the people building Frostgrave! :cool:

We have a topic about Frostgrave, from October last year, that I just bumped. I was pretty interested in the background of the setting (if not the actual rules themselves). But I do believe that Frostgrave might be a good stepping stone for new people to get into roleplaying.

Is Frostgrave: Tales of the Frozen City a novel that helps explain that world? If it is, then it sounds like the idea way for a die-hard 3rd Edition D&D fan like me, to learn more. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Graeme
Goblin
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:33 am
Gender: male
Contact:

Re: Freebies!

Post by Graeme » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:26 pm

Big Mac wrote: Holy moley! You are one of the people building Frostgrave! :cool:

We have a topic about Frostgrave, from October last year, that I just bumped. I was pretty interested in the background of the setting (if not the actual rules themselves). But I do believe that Frostgrave might be a good stepping stone for new people to get into roleplaying.

Is Frostgrave: Tales of the Frozen City a novel that helps explain that world? If it is, then it sounds like the idea way for a die-hard 3rd Edition D&D fan like me, to learn more. :)
Frostgrave does look good (very reminiscent of Games Workshop's Mordheim, to my eyes at least). My involvement so far has been limited to writing one short story for Frostgrave: Tales of the Frozen City. That's a fiction collection (ten stories by ten authors) which aims to convey the feel of the game rather than explain any deep backstory. There seems to be quite a vibrant Frostgrave miniatures community on Facebook, with quite a bit of crossover with the Oldhammer community.
Graeme Davis
Books for sale! Alive, alive-o! https://graemedavis.wordpress.com/my-books/

My Blog: https://graemedavis.wordpress.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Graeme-Davis-276379857250/
Twitter: @GraemeJDavis

User avatar
Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man
Posts: 1489
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 10:55 pm
Gender: male
Location: My Nowhere Land

Re: Freebies!

Post by Yaztromo » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:51 am

thanks, Graeme!
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Post Reply

Return to “Call of Cthulhu”