[KF's Mystara] Farend Campaign Expansion

Roll your own. Dice, that is...

Moderator: Idabrius

[KF's Mystara] Farend Campaign Expansion

Postby Knightfall » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:56 am

An idea based on these threads: Brun, Davania, Skothar, and ??? | The Far End Ocean Conundrum

Should the landmasses be bigger?

Map re-linked below!
Last edited by Knightfall on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: Knightfall's Mystara: Campaign Expansion

Postby Knightfall » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:06 am

I've enlarged the continents and added more islands.

Map re-linked below!
Last edited by Knightfall on Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Justinov » Fri May 31, 2013 7:36 pm

Nice maps!
These maps just looks like it once had a big volcanic eruption causing a caldera (magma chamber collapse) and creating this inner sea and with extra added depth in the center. The mountains looks really a bit like the rim of craters.
You have two yellow areas - deserts? Any story behind that, since one is the west and another in the east?
With prevailing winds one side could be more more wet than the other, since it could have condensed most of the water vapour going over the mountains from one side leaving much less for the other side.
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,/But I have promises to keep,/And miles to go before I sleep,
[Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening - By Robert Frost]

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—/I took the one less traveled by,/And that has made all the difference.
[The Road Not Taken - By Robert Frost]
Justinov
Stone Giant

Postby Knightfall » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:33 am

Justinov wrote:Nice maps!
These maps just looks like it once had a big volcanic eruption causing a caldera (magma chamber collapse) and creating this inner sea and with extra added depth in the center. The mountains looks really a bit like the rim of craters.
You have two yellow areas - deserts? Any story behind that, since one is the west and another in the east?
With prevailing winds one side could be more more wet than the other, since it could have condensed most of the water vapour going over the mountains from one side leaving much less for the other side.

Well, I've changed the map somewhat since the last posted map. Here is an updated view of Davusia.

I had a friend on Facebook tell me that the southeastern desert wasn't very realistic, so I decided to change it what you see here. Instead, I added a different desert on the northern side of Davusia's large mountain range. That entire region that divides the two continents will be very dry; the rest of the land, on both sides, will be scrubland for the most part.

I've yet to add rivers to the rest of the world, so I'm not ready to unveil a new version of the world map, yet. :)
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Justinov » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:09 pm

The area between the two mountain ranges could easily be a desert (if the wind comes from either northwest or southeast) since you would get a "death valley" effect. The rain will precipitate and fall on the mountains and flow down from there, but the heated air behind the mountains will be dry and warm.
Your river flow seem to indicate a south-eastern to eastern winds with rain falling as the wind climb the mountains.
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,/But I have promises to keep,/And miles to go before I sleep,
[Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening - By Robert Frost]

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—/I took the one less traveled by,/And that has made all the difference.
[The Road Not Taken - By Robert Frost]
Justinov
Stone Giant

Postby Knightfall » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:00 am

Justinov wrote:The area between the two mountain ranges could easily be a desert (if the wind comes from either northwest or southeast) since you would get a "death valley" effect. The rain will precipitate and fall on the mountains and flow down from there, but the heated air behind the mountains will be dry and warm.
Your river flow seem to indicate a south-eastern to eastern winds with rain falling as the wind climb the mountains.

The river flow isn't intentional. When it comes to rivers, I simply try to make sure the flow looks right. I don't think about wind patterns or the like.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Angel Tarragon » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:42 am

The .jpg links no longer are displaying the maps that they should.
Angel R. Tarragon (aka A.R.T.)
Blog / DeviantArt / Facebook / Google+ / Letterboxd / Twitter / YouTube / See More
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:55 pm

Angel Tarragon wrote:The .jpg links no longer are displaying the maps that they should.

I know. I haven't gotten around to fixing them yet. The problem is that any maps you link from Facebook eventually stop working. It's annoying.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:17 pm

Images added to my Almagra and Otherworlds blog: My Mystara: The Farend Continents
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Big Mac » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:43 pm

Knightfall wrote:
Angel Tarragon wrote:The .jpg links no longer are displaying the maps that they should.

I know. I haven't gotten around to fixing them yet. The problem is that any maps you link from Facebook eventually stop working. It's annoying.

I've started to enclose any IMG tag that points to an image on Facebook inside a URL tag that points to the actual page the image is on.

Then, if/when Facebook moves the image, I can grab the URL, go straight back to the image page and then get the new URL for the picture. :idea:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Homebrew Worlds