Dark Sun back in print!

Athas and the sorcerer-kings.
The Book-House: Find Dark Sun products.

Moderator: Idabrius

Dark Sun back in print!

Postby Big Mac » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:20 pm

The D&D Classics line over at Dungeon Master's Guild just had the Print on Demand switch turned on and one of the first out of print Dungons & Dragons products to come back into print (via PoD) is the Beyond the Prism Pentad:
Beyond the Prism Pentad at DMs Guild wrote:Beyond the Prism Pentad (2e)
From Wizards of the Coast

The relentless passage of time sweeps across the burning plains, and the world beneath the crimson sun changes in its wake?

The Dragon of Tyr is gone, his evil scattered on the scalding winds. Torrential rains fall over the Sea of Silt, spinning off deadly storms that can strike anywhere in the Tablelands with only a moment's notice. Violent upheaval rocks the city-states of Raam, Draj, and Balic after the deaths of their sorcerer-kings. A new age has dawned on Athas, but will it be an age of restoration-or of destruction?

Beyond the Prism Pentad summarizes the key events from the Prism Pentad novel series and role-playing game products and updates all Dark Sun campaigns in anticipation of the revised campaign setting, Dark Sun: A New Age, featuring:

• The key events of the first 10 years of campaign time, with a detailed timeline of historical events.
  • Updates and details on the changes in the world, including the seven city-states of the Tyr Region.
  • Statistics for the major personalities, including Rikus, Sadira, and the remaining sorcerer-kings.
  • A short adventure to tie player characters into the events of the climax of the Prism Pentad series.

What forces have seized control of Raam and Balic? Who is the real power behind Draj? How are the citizens of Tyr handling their second decade of freedom? The answers to these questions-and many more-are awaiting you.

The PoD version is $7.99 USD + shipping (£6.42 + shipping in the UK), but if you would prefer to buy the original TSR version the Beyond the Prism Pentad article on the Book-House on The Piazza* can help you find Amazon deals. (The Book-House also has product information links and reviews that can help you make a purchasing decision.)

* = The Book-House on The Piazza uses affiliate links that mean that Amazon and DMs Guild/DriveThru/RPG Now pay a bounty to The Piazza that goes towards the hosting costs of The Piazza. So if you like using this forum, you can shop via the Book-House links to support it (at no cost to yourself).

What Dark Sun product would you like to see return to print via Print on Demand next?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Dark Sun back in print!

Postby Jayce » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:18 pm

Big Mac wrote: What Dark Sun product would you like to see return to print via Print on Demand next?

Ah, my favorite, together with Dragonlance! :D I would love to see the original campaign setting get a release. I would totally consider getting one for each player in my group. Also would be in the market for The Will and the Way, and the revised setting.
Jayce
Hobgoblin

Return to Dark Sun