Warcraft 5e Modules, Dungeons, and Raids

Discuss the World of Warcraft campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
The Book-House: Find Warcraft/World of Warcraft products.
Arrius Nideal
Ogre

Warcraft 5e Modules, Dungeons, and Raids

Post by Arrius Nideal » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:11 am

This thread will be reserved for links of module, dungeon, and raid conversions to tabletop format in our community-designed Warcraft 5e conversion. The conversions will develop additional resources to fuel future system updates and provide a good ground for playtesting and general enjoyment.
The level distribution from WoW to the RPG line is on a 5.5 WoW levels to 1 RPG level (with some tweaking to stay consistent). Below is the list of complete modules, with the finished modules highlighted. Once a sufficient number of dungeon conversions are completed, we can move on to Burning Crusade and other expansions. By default, this project will work on a lower-level to higher-level grade, but if there are any popular requests, we may tend to them first.

WORLD OF WARCRAFT CLASSIC (VANILLA)
DUNGEONS
Blackfathom Deeps (3-5)
Deadmines (3 - 5): Wowpedia Link.
Wailing Caverns (3-5)
Shadowfang Keep (3-5)
Ragefire Chasm (3-5)
Stockades (3-5)
Gnomeregan (5-7)
Scarlet Halls (5-7)
Scarlet Monastery (5-7)
Maraudon (5-7)
Razorfen Kraul (5-7)
Razorfen Downs (7-9)
Scholomance (7-9)
Dire Maul (7-9)
Uldaman (7-9)
Stratholme (7-9)
Zul'Farrak (8-10)
Blackrock Depths (8-10)
Blackrock Spire (8-10)
Sunken Temple (8-10)

RAIDS
Ahn'Qiraq (10)
Blackwing Lair (10)
Molten Core (10)
Onyxia's Lair, Original (10)
Naxxramas, Original (10)
Last edited by Arrius Nideal on Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Warcraft 5e Modules, Dungeons, and Raids

Post by Big Mac » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:12 pm

This looks great! :-D

Is it worth also having links to the Wowpedia articles for these areas?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Arrius Nideal
Ogre

Post by Arrius Nideal » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Good point. I'll add a link for each completed dungeon. Any particular dungeon you'd like to see converted next?

oPolden
Goblin

Post by oPolden » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:06 pm

What about the Ragefire Chasm, to contrast a fairly Alliance-focused dungeon with a Horde one?

FinalTemplar
Kobold

Post by FinalTemplar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:50 am

Perhaps to suggest...
Since you're basing this off of 5e, maybe it's not such a good idea to try and base all of Classic on levels 1-10, but to have Classic be 1-20 and have Outlands+ be considered "Epic Level Content" since after the start of TBC you start doing a lot more... world changing things. If I may, here's how it might be better sorted.
(3 Horde Dungeons/3 Alliance Dungeons, rest are neutral.)
Ragefire Chasm (3-5) (Horde Only)
The Deadmines (3-5) (Alliance Only)
Wailing Caverns (4-6) (Horde Only)
Blackfathom Deeps (4-6) (Alliance Only)
Shadowfang Keep (6-8) (Horde Only)
Stockades (6-8) (Alliance Only)
Gnomeregan (6-9)
Scarlet Halls (7-8)
Scarlet Monastery (8-9)
Uldaman (7-9)
Zul'Farrak (8-11)
Razorfen Kraul (8-11)
Sunken Temple (8-11)
Maraudon (7-11) (Mauradon is split into 4 dungeons in game, perhaps that could explain the larger level gap?)
Razorfen Downs (10-11)
Blackrock Depths (11-13)
Scholomance (13-15)
Dire Maul (11-13)
Stratholme (15-17)
Blackrock Spire (17-20)

Raids
Ahn'Qiraq (20)
Blackwing Lair (20)
Molten Core (20)
Onyxia's Lair, Original (20)
Naxxramas, Original (20)
(also hey don't forget Zul'Gurub was a raid in Classic as well)
Now, I'll be honest. I'm not gonna be the guy who can tell you how to make epic level content work in D&D 5e I just feel like trying to crunch that many things into the first 10 levels might not work. Classic has the most dungeons and unless you start to cut down that list, I feel like there's too many to make it work unless you never intend for these manuals to be done back-to-back. Which, I feel like that's the intention (Not doing them in order). My only question would be how far would you go with adapting dungeons to 5e? Would expansion content start overlapping between 10-20? Would you make an epic-play supplement for the WoW Universe? I'm not sure how you would want to do this. Just some feedback.

Lord Zack
Orc

Post by Lord Zack » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:25 pm

I think the way to think of this in 5e is to use the concept of Tiers of Play from the Dungeon Master's Guide. For instance Deadmines is probably a late "Local Heroes" adventure. It'd the culmination of the first several adventures and the PCs would probably level to 5th afterwards, meaning they'd be ready for bigger and better things. Also certain adventure sites have the potential to be bigger than shown in WoW. Gnomeregan could make a good "campaign dungeon" or "megadungeon". The instances in the game are a starting point and often you could just take the map from WoW and write it up as is, but other places could be expanded. There are also non-instanced "micro-dungeons" to consider.

Arrius Nideal
Ogre

Post by Arrius Nideal » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:58 am

It's a good way of thinking about it for Vanilla, but this means all expansion dungeons are epic or paragon tier.

Lord Zack
Orc

Post by Lord Zack » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:11 am

Adventures based on the expansions should be high level. Though not necessarily all adventures set in Outland, Northrend, etc.

Return to “World of Warcraft”