Dark Sun podcast - at talks stage

Athas and the sorcerer-kings.
The Book-House: Find Dark Sun products.

Moderator: Idabrius

Dark Sun podcast - at talks stage

Postby Big Mac » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:03 pm

A Dark Sun podcast may be launching soon. Raddu posted this on Faceborg yesterday:
Robert Adducci in the Dark Sun group on Facebook wrote:I'm in talks about making a monthly Dark Sun podcast....the important question is, what should we call it?

Would you like to have a Dark Sun podcast? And what would you like it to be called?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Dark Sun podcast - at talks stage

Postby Dragonhelm » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:01 pm

I'd give it a listen.

I think the name should have "Dark Sun" in it for SEO value. I thought I saw "Under the Dark Sun" proposed.
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Moderator for: Dragonlance. My moderator voice is Dark Red.
Dragonhelm
Aurak

Postby Big Mac » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:27 pm

Dragonhelm wrote:I'd give it a listen.

I think the name should have "Dark Sun" in it for SEO value. I thought I saw "Under the Dark Sun" proposed.

I'd agree with that, although the new Eberron podcast has launched with the name Manifest Zone, rather than a name including Eberron, so I don't think that everyone agrees.

It's great to go from having a podcast for one campaign setting to having them for two and maybe even three campaign settings. :D
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby apotheot » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:32 am

Big Mac wrote:
Dragonhelm wrote:I'd give it a listen.

I'd agree with that, although the new Eberron podcast has launched with the name Manifest Zone, rather than a name including Eberron, so I don't think that everyone agrees.

It's great to go from having a podcast for one campaign setting to having them for two and maybe even three campaign settings. :D

I know next to nothing about that setting, and would never have found that podcast.
-Apotheot
apotheot
Ogre

Postby kristianserrano » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:32 am

One thing Robert might want to keep in mind is to avoid using any trademarked/copyrighted titles (Wanderer's Journal) and trade dress, including artwork. For Manifest Zone, we actually sought permission from WotC to use images and even music for the podcast, and its original name was even Across Eberron (named after the title of the original brochure released at GenCon).

WotC rejected the request and so we dropped the name Eberron from the title, went with Manifest Zone (based on the manifest.zone domain I had already planned to use for the podcast plus other content), left out any music, and removed all artwork from the album art and the site itself. Even our album art is evocative of Eberron, but nothing about it is taken from the existing protected content.
Manifest Zone, a monthly podcast exploring Eberron as a tabletop RPG setting
Savage Worlds Eberron Conversion Companion
kristianserrano
Goblin

Postby kristianserrano » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:50 pm

apotheot wrote:I know next to nothing about that setting, and would never have found that podcast.
-Apotheot

I should also note that in the actual text of the title in iTunes and in the meta description for the site (appears in the header and meta description tag), we have the words Eberron and podcast, so you'd still find it by searching [Eberron podcast].
Manifest Zone, a monthly podcast exploring Eberron as a tabletop RPG setting
Savage Worlds Eberron Conversion Companion
kristianserrano
Goblin

Return to Dark Sun