Skaven

The Old World. On the surface, it is a vast and fertile place, but a shadow hangs over the world, cast by the dark, corrupting hand of Chaos.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Skaven

Post by Havard » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:44 pm

Anyone use the Ratfolk much? What do you like about them?

I always found them fascinating, but I don't think the played a big part in any campaign I played in.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Hunter_Maddox
Orc

Re: Skaven

Post by Hunter_Maddox » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:03 am

Well the only game I ran had them - I killed my younger brother with a level four lightening bolt (powerful). If I ever ran it again I'd likely use them.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:07 pm

The Warhammer Wiki article for Skaven suggests they are an underground race (from the Under-Empire).

It also suggests that most humans don't think they exist and that people have even been burned at the stake for claiming they exist! Is that some sort of retcon to hand wave this race out of existence (at the wargame table)?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

shesheyan
Cloud Giant

Post by shesheyan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:42 am

Big Mac wrote:The Warhammer Wiki article for Skaven suggests they are an underground race (from the Under-Empire).

It also suggests that most humans don't think they exist and that people have even been burned at the stake for claiming they exist! Is that some sort of retcon to hand wave this race out of existence (at the wargame table)?
Skaven still exist in the latest version of the Warhammer wargame called «The Age of Sigmar». They are part of the Grand Alliance of Chaos under the name Clan Verminus.

https://www.games-workshop.com/fr-CA/Wa ... 6680000%5D
Currently playing : Coriolis The Third Horizon • D&D5E • Want to try : BlueHolmes

Sharkbelly
Gnoll

Post by Sharkbelly » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:56 am

Yup, they've split into several factions, including clan Verminus, Skryre, Eshin, etc.

They have also been statted up for the new Warhammer Quest game. I hope to pick some up some time.

Ashtagon
Hierarch

Post by Ashtagon » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:28 pm

Skaven very much exist in WFRP. I can definitely confirm their existence since WFRP 1e and WFB 3e. As far as I know, there are no plans to retcon them out of existence. The "ratfolk don't exist" is more a case of in-character wilful self-denial on the part of the Imperials rather than any attempt at an out-of-game retcon.
Emma Rome, otherwise known as Ashtagon
Overall site admin for The Piazza. My moderator colour is pink!

Sharkbelly
Gnoll

Post by Sharkbelly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:03 pm

Indeed, it's kind of an in-game joke that few people on the surface believe they exist.

Return to “Warhammer”