If subforums could "level up" (Forum Levels)

Discussion related to board management, suggestions for improvement, and formal announcements.

Re: If subforums could "level up" (Forum Levels)

Postby Big Mac » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:49 pm

RobJN wrote:Missed the top ten by that much -> 1 :oops:

Missed the top ten? What missed the top ten?

Are you talking about the Thorn's Chronicle forum? :?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:51 pm

RobJN wrote:
Khedrac wrote:When I look at the memberlist I can see the date of joining and the total post count, but I don't see a "posts/day" column - is there one in a view I am missing, or are people dropping this into a spredhseet and adding a calculated formula?

It's calculated on the Profile Viewer page, found by clicking on the user's name.

RobJN is right Khedrac. Posts per day is one of the things not listed on the memberlist. (Another thing I sometimes look at is the last date that someone has posted. It gives me a rough idea if they might reply to me or not.)
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby RobJN » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:55 pm

Big Mac wrote:
RobJN wrote:Missed the top ten by that much -> 1 :oops:

Missed the top ten? What missed the top ten?

Are you talking about the Thorn's Chronicle forum? :?

No, me. I'm apparently 11 by post count..
Alas, Thorn's Chronicle does not meet the requirements for its own forum.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
RobJN
Dire Flumph

Postby Khedrac » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:29 pm

RobJN wrote:
Khedrac wrote:When I look at the memberlist I can see the date of joining and the total post count, but I don't see a "posts/day" column - is there one in a view I am missing, or are people dropping this into a spredhseet and adding a calculated formula?

It's calculated on the Profile Viewer page, found by clicking on the user's name.

Thanks (but that's even slower than dropping it into a spreadsheet...)
"If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it might just be a crow".
Khedrac
Ostego

Postby BlackBat242 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:13 am

Took ~30 seconds, including typing this text.

Khedrac
Ostego
[ Add friend | Add foe ]

Last visited: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:44 pm
Total posts: 134
[0.07% of all posts / 0.31 posts per day]
Search user’s posts
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
"I have a catapult. Give me your money or I will hurl a large rock at your head".

"Buffy, Blade... its up to you now." George Takei

The only time a Vampire should sparkle is right before they explode
BlackBat242
Dire Haggis

Location: by the saline water - formerly in the Grand Valley of the Rivers

Postby Khedrac » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:56 am

BlackBat242 wrote:Took ~30 seconds, including typing this text.

Oh certainly, but now do that for every poster so you can sort the table by posts per days will takes ages - faster to use a formula...
Khedrac
Ostego

Postby Havard » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:12 pm

Khedrac
Ostego
[ Add friend | Add foe ]

Last visited: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:44 pm
Total posts: 134
[0.07% of all posts / 0.31 posts per day]
Search user’s posts

Why did you type in the text when you could have just copied and pasted it?

:mrgreen:

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Khedrac » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:10 pm

Havard wrote:

Why did you type in the text when you could have just copied and pasted it?

:mrgreen:

-Havard

I think that would be because he had nowhere to copy "Took ~30 seconds, including typing this text." from, unlike my profile information... :P
Khedrac
Ostego

Postby Big Mac » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:21 pm

Khedrac wrote:
RobJN wrote:

Thanks (but that's even slower than dropping it into a spreadsheet...)

It used to take me ages and ages and ages to write on of the stat posts in my Forum Ranks (and posting stats for each rank) *spoilers*.

That's why I said what I said about not having a social life. It wasn't just being on here, it was spending two or three hours counting people at different ranks and stuff.

And, when I was chasing Havard (and was miles behind him) I was checking his posts per day and my posts per day to see how much I would have to "step up my game" to catch him up. (And I decided that, if I stayed in every day for a month and didn't do anything except post on The Piazza, I might just about be able to catch him. :twisted: I didn't cheat either. I just spoke to more people about D&D stuff I didn't know about and learned stuff faster than before.)

(This was kind of why some people were calling the high-poster's freaks, but I'm glad we have dropped that nickname, as it sounds kind of rude if you are not in on the joke.)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Khedrac » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:00 pm

Big Mac wrote:It used to take me ages and ages and ages to write on of the stat posts in my Forum Ranks (and posting stats for each rank) *spoilers*.

That's why I said what I said about not having a social life. It wasn't just being on here, it was spending two or three hours counting people at different ranks and stuff.

And, when I was chasing Havard (and was miles behind him) I was checking his posts per day and my posts per day to see how much I would have to "step up my game" to catch him up. (And I decided that, if I stayed in every day for a month and didn't do anything except post on The Piazza, I might just about be able to catch him. :twisted: I didn't cheat either. I just spoke to more people about D&D stuff I didn't know about and learned stuff faster than before.)

(This was kind of why some people were calling the high-poster's freaks, but I'm glad we have dropped that nickname, as it sounds kind of rude if you are not in on the joke.)

OK, that goes beyond not having a social life into not having a life. While I don't have much of a social life, I do have a number of thing to keep me busy and off the internet at times, not simply work.

Still, it definitely takes dedication, but I am not sure if that is a good thing....
Khedrac
Ostego

Postby Big Mac » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:17 pm

Khedrac wrote:
Big Mac wrote:It used to take me ages and ages and ages to write on of the stat posts in my Forum Ranks (and posting stats for each rank) *spoilers*.

OK, that goes beyond not having a social life into not having a life.

:lol: :P

Khedrac wrote:While I don't have much of a social life, I do have a number of thing to keep me busy and off the internet at times, not simply work.

Still, it definitely takes dedication, but I am not sure if that is a good thing....

Well I'm not that crazy about it any more. I don't mind if Havard catches me up now. :)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Previous

Return to The Kippin' Griffin