Pelinore "trial by monster" justice system

"The World of Pelinore is flat - everyone knows that…"
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Pelinore "trial by monster" justice system

Post by Big Mac » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:58 am

I just listened to the Save or Die episode about Pelinore and one of the things that came up was that Pelinore has a legal system involving "trial by monster".

I've not heard about this before, but apparently, a number of monsters are caputured and people accused of certain crimes (I'm not sure what type) can fight and defeat three monsters, in order to be declared innocent. (Apparently, if this happens, the prosecutor of the trial has to fight a forth monster.)

Has anyone used this system in their Pelinore game?

Did you make it single combat against the monster or did you have the entire group of players fighting in a trial?

How did the trial work out? Did you get any players getting killed?

If the players defeated all three monsters, did you play out the battle between the fourth monster and the person who accused the player? How did you run that? Did you let any of the players role for the monster?

I also heard that there is business where adventurers are hired to capture monsters that are used in these trials. Has anyone run monster capture adventures?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

willpell
Black Dragon

Re: Pelinore "trial by monster" justice system

Post by willpell » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:09 pm

So that's where George Lucas came up with Episode 2....

Return to “Pelinore”