[Kulan] D&D 3.5 PbP: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [OOC]

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: [Kulan] D&D 3.5 PbP: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [OOC]

Post by Knightfall » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:08 am

New post is up.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:36 pm

My next post will be on Thursday or Friday.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Interaction XP

Post by Knightfall » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:14 pm

I went through the post since Relgar fought the sanke and 'ad hoc' calculated some Interaction XP for you guys. Anything before that would be a huge advantage for Relgar and Terger over Big Tim, so I'm just added in an extra 500 XP for all of you.

Big Tim: 2050 + 500 = 2550 XP
Relgar: 2300 + 500 = 2800 XP
Terger: 2100 + 500 = 2600 XP
-- David, That includes the bonus I gave you on FB for your post.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

willpell
Black Dragon

Re: Interaction XP

Post by willpell » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:35 pm

Knightfall wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:14 pm
I went through the post since Relgar fought the sanke
At least it wasn't a dire half-dragon pseudonatural Sanke of Legend....
Relgar: 2300 + 500 = 2800 XP
Thank you sir! Are you aware of my having gained any other XP since I hit level 6, or should I just assume I'm at exactly 23,800 XP (level 7 happens at 28,000, so this is well less than halfway...not a complaint, I'm just checking).

Out of curiosity, what level is Tim? If he's a Half-Ogre, I believe that's +2 level adjustment. Do you use LA buyoff?

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:43 pm

I apparently did miss Ekgrar proposing that he go to the Monastery. But it's fitting, since his idea was shot down and he ended up withdrawing into some negative self-talk; that probably doesn't help him with making his Perception rolls in a social situation. If nothing else, me going to Terger's safehouse along with Big Tim keeps the entire party together, which I think is a habit we should get into. If we had like eight PCs it'd be find to send them off in multiple groups, but in this case it's probably best if we (and our cleric buddy, given that we have the other three archetypes covered) stay together as much as possible, so that we can have some actual encounters. Not that I don't enjoy social roleplaying, but we've been doing it for quite a while now, and I'm eager to actually cast some spells.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri May 11, 2018 6:42 pm

Dealing with some really bad hip and lower back pain. My next reply likely won't be until Saturday at the earliest. Worst case scenario is that it will have to wait until after my next physio appointment, which is next Wednesday. I might try to get my appointment moved to Monday, however.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Fri May 11, 2018 8:34 pm

Take your time, Conan. We won't sack Cimmeria without you. :)

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu May 17, 2018 6:13 pm

willpell wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:34 pm
Take your time, Conan. We won't sack Cimmeria without you. :)
:mrgreen:

Last night was the first good night's sleep I've had in over two weeks. I'm feeling a lot better today. Physio went well yesterday. I'm going to start working on my next reply today. It will likely go up today too.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

For willpell

Post by Knightfall » Fri May 18, 2018 6:40 pm

Knowledge (Arcana) check: 1d20+9=22+2=24 *
Knowledge (Architecture & Engineering) check: 1d20+5=15+2=17 *
---
Elkgrar tries to aid Relgar's Architecture & Engineering research: 1d20+6=7 :facepalm:

I've included the Architecture & Engineering roll, so that Relgar can research the construction of Old City's walls and towers. He is able to determine that the towers around the Gardens are older fortifications that were repurposed when construction of the walls first started over 400 years ago. The towers are believed to have been built by a vicious warlord who controlled much of the Aarzen Valley for nearly a century. This dates the towers as being around 500 to 600 years old. The warlord's name was Hereric Thaersson and he was both a warrior and a warlock. While Relgar doesn't find any detailed architectural information regarding the interior of the Growers' Gate tower, he is certain that the tower was built by Thaersson and that it's construction was cloaked in mystery.

The library is highly detailed regarding Arcana, however. It doesn't take Relgar long to find detailed accounts of ancient mysteries and magic traditions regarding Bluffside and the entire Northwest. Almost all of this arcane knowledge is linked to Sem La Vah and the obsession of Bluffside's citizenry regarding the Ancient ruins and archaeology. There is a detailed account of the flora and fauna that exists within the boundaries of the ruins and one book mentions a unique crystalline flower that pulses with chromatic light when exposed to moonlight during the summer solstice. The flower is unique to the ruins but a sprig was successfully replanted in the private garden of the Wellingtons. Relgar is sure that it is what the group needs to open the portal even though there is no mention of it acting as a portal key.

There are also detailed accounts of the history of the Wizard Council and treatises on the various arcane factions that have existed throughout the city's history such as Blood & Banner, Brown Moths, Fire Ghosts, Olven Society of Ravensilath, Order of the Greywall, Shiverthorn, etc. Relgar has heard of most of these groups. He knows the Olven Society still exists in the elven lands of Ravensilath to the east while the Order of the Greywall left Bluffside over 100 years for the Kingdom of Tarminan to the north. All but one of the other factions either disbanded or were forced to integrate into the Wizard Council. The arcane society known as Blood & Banner mysteriously disappeared from the city around 60 years ago.

There is also cryptic mention of a war between fire and ice that dates back to a time period when the region suffered through a Little Ice Age. There is mention of clandestine group known as the Ordine della Fiamma that might have originated in the Kingdom of Novarum north of both Tarminan and the forested lands known as Oakenvale. The group is opposed by what is only known as the Überbringers.

* The +2 bonus is a circumstance bonus for using the library for research. (BTW, Relgar is impressed with the organization of the library and its content. While there are larger libraries in Bluffside, the Stormgrove Library collects 'key books' on Bluffside's history--both mundane and magical. He can also tell that the empty shelf and glass case likely once held magical tomes, as there are arcane sigils carved into their woodwork that likely protected the contents from harm.)
Homebrewed Worlds Index

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Sun May 20, 2018 9:56 pm

"Olven"? *spockbrow*

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon May 21, 2018 8:26 am

willpell wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 9:56 pm
"Olven"? *spockbrow*
For this world, Olven is different way of saying Elven. It often has a mystical meaning when used but can also refer to the world's ancient time periods.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri May 25, 2018 4:03 am

I'm hoping to have a new post up by Saturday. It's been insanely hot here in Edmonton, so I've not had a lot of energy for writing replies. Tonight has been the first good night in a while. Saturday is supposed to be an even better day. {fingers crossed}
Homebrewed Worlds Index

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Sat May 26, 2018 4:45 pm

Knightfall wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 4:03 am
I'm hoping to have a new post up by Saturday. It's been insanely hot here in Edmonton, so I've not had a lot of energy for writing replies. Tonight has been the first good night in a while. Saturday is supposed to be an even better day. {fingers crossed}
My heart sweats for you, brother. We had a blackout the other night, and I got to sit in the smoldering dark for three hours doing literally nothing, because all my mobile devices were out of battery power. And naturally the lights came back on only after I finally managed to get to sleep.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun May 27, 2018 3:13 am

willpell wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 4:45 pm
Knightfall wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 4:03 am
My heart sweats for you, brother. We had a blackout the other night, and I got to sit in the smoldering dark for three hours doing literally nothing, because all my mobile devices were out of battery power. And naturally the lights came back on only after I finally managed to get to sleep.
Today was a lot better, heat-wise, but oh man, did I push myself way to hard when I was out today. I had to go to my barber and then I went to four book/gaming stores to browse RPB books and went grocery shopping at two different stores. I ended up having to ice my hip and back while lying down for an hour. I just took some Tylenol too.

Once it kicks in a bit, I'm going to try to write something, but I won't push myself. So, the next post likely won't go up tonight (and maybe not even tomorrow).
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue May 29, 2018 5:57 am

New post is up.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:03 pm

You guys are next for an update, but it is hot as hell again today. I'll try to get to it on the weekend, but it might move to late Tuesday or sometime on Wednesday. The father of a good frien of mine just passed away, so I won't be writing anything on Monday or Tuesday.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:27 am

FYI, I'm going to start writing the next post tonight but it won't go up until tomorrow.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:15 am

New post is up.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:23 pm

It's been very hot in Edmonton over the last week. Most of Northern Alberta has been under a heat warning for more than a week. I've barely had my PC on let alone felt like writing my next post. It is supposed to be better by Tuesday, so hopefully I'll be able to get something up middle of the week.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:59 pm

I will try to get a post up for you guys this week. I've been dealing with stuff, including feeling sick. The weather has been kicking my ass.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:47 pm

Knightfall wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:59 pm
I will try to get a post up for you guys this week. I've been dealing with stuff, including feeling sick. The weather has been kicking my ass.
Know the feeling. I literally woke up last Saturday because of how hot it was. As in, I was asleep, and then suddenly I started awake, just so I could think "omg I'm so hot", because my unconscious mind refused to suffer alone any longer. That was a really mean-spirited thing for me to do to myself.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:15 am

willpell wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Knightfall wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:59 pm
Know the feeling. I literally woke up last Saturday because of how hot it was. As in, I was asleep, and then suddenly I started awake, just so I could think "omg I'm so hot", because my unconscious mind refused to suffer alone any longer. That was a really mean-spirited thing for me to do to myself.
Sorry for the lack of an update. I'm still not feeling great. Constant heat warnings and sleepless nights. Plus, there are three birthday celebrations in my family in July -- my dad's, mine, and my mom's.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:35 pm

FYI, there still isn't going to be posts for a while. My sister woke up yesterday with a dozen tiny bites on her arm, and we're sure we have bedbugs. Thus, that's going to be my life for the next few weeks -- at least. Sorry.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:13 pm

Good luck with your Repel Vermin casting. See you when I see you.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:12 pm

FYI, still dealing with bedbugs. Our second spraying was on Monday, but I keep waking up with more bite. Today was the first day without any new ones -- that I can see. It isn't helping that it's hot as hell again and smokey from the B.C. Wildfires. I'm so stressed right now, I can barely think straight. :(

It might be a while, guys. Sorry.

We will get back to it eventually! :D
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Return to “The Crystal Globe”