The Slarecian Vault is open

150 years after the defeat of the Titans, the world remains scarred and untamed.
The Book-House: Find Scarred Lands products.
haazeven
Gnoll

The Slarecian Vault is open

Post by haazeven » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:54 pm

Onyx Path started (without any official message yet, which is relatively weird, but well) the community content program for the Scarred Lands, that they called the Slarecian Vault, wouhou!

I have to say I need a little bit of help there. They provided templates for 5E *here* and Pathfinder *here*, but these are inDesign templates, which is a software that I don't have and that I don't intend to buy... I asked them if they could provide PDF examples of each template, but it seems they didn't reply...

Could there be a generous soul around there that have inDesign that could provide me with a PDF example? If I can see a PDF version of it I can reproduce the template with my tool of choice ;)
Scarred Lands Sanctuary - 5E resources for the Scarred Lands

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: The Slarecian Vault is open

Post by Big Mac » Thu May 03, 2018 8:05 pm

haazeven wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:54 pm
Onyx Path started (without any official message yet, which is relatively weird, but well) the community content program for the Scarred Lands, that they called the Slarecian Vault, wouhou!
Actually they put a Do you dare enter the Slarecian Vault? article up today (apparently at 2.16pm). I'm not sure what timezone they posted that in.

They previously mentioned it in their Monday Lunch Meeting Notes Notes [Monday Meeting Notes] post.
haazeven wrote:
I have to say I need a little bit of help there. They provided templates for 5E *here* and Pathfinder *here*, but these are inDesign templates, which is a software that I don't have and that I don't intend to buy... I asked them if they could provide PDF examples of each template, but it seems they didn't reply...
They also have a Slarecian Vault page, that introduces the program and a Slarecian Vault FAQ on the DriveThru RPG website.

From what I can tell, from that last link, this is some sort of generic "DMs Guild replacement" service that DriveThru lets multiple publishers sign up to. The Content Guidelines for Community Content Programs page has 15 programs on (including the Scarred Lands one).

The Scarred Lands program also has the number "19" in the URL. If you hack that URL and change the number, you get to pages for the other 14 programs, and you can also find 5 dead pages (suggesting that DriveThru RPG have five of these programs in mothballs or in a pre-launch stage).
haazeven wrote:
Could there be a generous soul around there that have inDesign that could provide me with a PDF example? If I can see a PDF version of it I can reproduce the template with my tool of choice ;)
One thing to bear in mind (format wise) is that that website is run by DriveThru RPG/RPG Now, and you need to format your documents to their satisfaction, to get them uploaded for sale.

So, even if someone gives you a PDF, it might not help you. You might find you make documents that get rejected, because they don't comply with some sort of formatting rules you don't know about.

I would suggest you go to DriveThru RPG (not Onyx Path) with your questions. They will be earning money out of people like you, so would be more likely to answer.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Scarred Lands”