[Kickstarter] [5e] A Delve in the Cave

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
Ashtagon
Hierarch

[Kickstarter] [5e] A Delve in the Cave

Post by Ashtagon » Wed May 02, 2018 8:47 am

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ja ... escription

The early access version of this adventure module, written last year by Jamie Chambers (and edited by myself) is now getting a new treatment. This will include new improved art and a more-in-depth treatment of the town with hooks for further adventures.

Emma Rome, otherwise known as Ashtagon
Overall site admin for The Piazza. My moderator colour is pink!

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Re: [Kickstarter] [5e] A Delve in the Cave

Post by shesheyan » Wed May 02, 2018 11:35 am

Backed!

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed May 02, 2018 12:31 pm

Jamie Chambers worked on the 3e Dragonlance products, so I know he can create D&D content I like.

I'm a bit confused by the Swordsman and Hero levels. They are $10 and $25 respectively, which doesn't seem like enough for shipping outside of the USA.

I know some Kickstarters do "pay your own shipping" deals, but I couldn't see anything to indicate if shipping was included or excluded. So far the FAQ is empty.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Wed May 02, 2018 1:30 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:31 pm
Jamie Chambers worked on the 3e Dragonlance products, so I know he can create D&D content I like.

I'm a bit confused by the Swordsman and Hero levels. They are $10 and $25 respectively, which doesn't seem like enough for shipping outside of the USA.
Agreed. I'm paying 15$ to ship to Canada for a 10$ module. I may have to reconsider my pledge before the end of the campaign.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Thu May 03, 2018 2:56 am

I backed it and shared to the G+ Kickstarter group. Good luck!
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.

JamieChambers
Kobold

Post by JamieChambers » Thu May 03, 2018 10:42 pm

Hey folks! It's me, the author of said adventure. I'm happy to answer questions as needed.

Re: Reward Levels & Shipping
The prices you see on the reward levels are base prices with shipping added on depending on whether you're in the USA or another country. I hate how expensive international shipping is these days.

Re: Shipping to Canada
Mailing stuff to Canada IS a bit cheaper than some overseas destinations. I'll double-check some things and may add that as a separate shipping destination than "the rest of the world" which would save a few bucks. But I do understand that it can seem ridiculous to pay more for shipping than the product itself, so if that's an issue the digital option may be the better choice.

Thanks to everyone who has backed and/or shared. We're doing great so far, having gotten more than 1/3rd of the way to our goal in the first 48 hours!

Check out the updates on the project, which are all publicly available. I've put up some content that should be of some interest even for those not directly looking at getting the adventure. Cheers!

Jamie Chambers
Signal Fire Studios LLC
www.signalfirestudios.com

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Thu May 03, 2018 11:00 pm

I decided to cancel my Pledge after reading on Kickstarter that the Metamorphosis Alpha RPG as not been delivered and there have been no updates on the project since May 2017 (one year). My level of confidence has dropped to zero. That is not professional. One backer of Metamorphosis had this to say two days ago « He's back with another KS. While this one sits for a year in complete radio silence, languishing.»

Ashtagon
Hierarch

Post by Ashtagon » Thu May 03, 2018 11:08 pm

shesheyan wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 11:00 pm
I decided to cancel my Pledge after reading on Kickstarter that the Metamorphosis Alpha RPG as not been delivered and there have been no updates on the project since May 2017 (one year). My level of confidence has dropped to zero. That is not professional. One backer of Metamorphosis had this to say two days ago « He's back with another KS. While this one sits for a year in complete radio silence, languishing.»
I suspect that bit about the Metamorphosis Alpha RPG is old news. It has been completed, and is now on drive thru and other places. To be sure, there were delays in delivering that RPG, but it was delivered.

http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/shop/doku.p ... alpha_2015
Emma Rome, otherwise known as Ashtagon
Overall site admin for The Piazza. My moderator colour is pink!

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Fri May 04, 2018 12:13 am

Ashtagon wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 11:08 pm
shesheyan wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 11:00 pm
I suspect that bit about the Metamorphosis Alpha RPG is old news. It has been completed, and is now on drive thru and other places. To be sure, there were delays in delivering that RPG, but it was delivered.

http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/shop/doku.p ... alpha_2015
From what I can read the «secondary material» like t-shirts, posters, quick-start adventure, were not delivered. The Deluxe Hard Cover was not delivered if I'm reading this right.

In any case best of luck. I hope everything works out for you and the backers.

Return to “The Wishing Well”