Tab Creations have been pretty busy as they also have this lot out:Against the Dark Yogi: Mythic India Roleplaying at DriveThruRPG wrote:Against the Dark Yogi: Mythic India Roleplaying
From Tab Creations
High action roleplaying in a world of Indian myth!
A thousand cities with myriad customs fill the subcontinent of Bhurloka. Wandering ascetics practice austerities on mountaintops, seeking spiritual enlightenment and supernatural powers. Rajas stand before their palaces speaking to their peoples. Chariots roll and elephants march with armies to war.
But Bhurloka stands at the precipice of disaster. A sinister figure—the Dark Yogi—has risen to power. It is whispered that he has the ability to directly attack dharma, the very order of the universe, itself. Dharma, however, does not sit idly by. It has selected but a few to champion its cause. These Chosen of Dharma have the power to restore the balance of the world.
Tales of countless adventures in Bhurloka await the telling. Befriend the monkey-people, the vanaras. Face down the cruel rakshasa Ravema in his island fortress. Climb Mount Niru and visit the gods themselves. Treat with the naga tribes deep in the underworld, Patala. And much, much more!
Now is a time of legend!
Against the Dark Yogi is a complete roleplaying game set in a fantasy world inspired by Indian myths and legends. It’s features include:
Character sheets are available here. Electronic files come in PDF, MOBI and EPUB formats.
- A detailed take on stories and tropes from Indian myths without the need to be familiar with the mythology.
- Run campaigns spanning multiple generations, with in-depth rules for creating and playing new incarnations of past heroes.
- A system where player characters accrue both good and bad karma, bringing about consequences for their actions.
- Power levels and game play designed to scale up, so players can be the big damn mythic heroes they always wanted to be!
- A combat system designed to handle everything from epic duels to pitched battles, where the heroes lead or defeat armies.
- Abilities and archetypes drawn directly from Indian myth!
- Against the Dark Yogi: Campaign Options
- Against the Dark Yogi: Zone Consequence Cards
- Against the Dark Yogi: GM Screen Inserts
- Against the Dark Yogi: Bhurloka Poster Map
- Against the Dark Yogi: Ready-Made Heroes
- Against the Dark Yogi: The Amitra Gemstone
- Against the Dark Yogi: The Serpent's Brood
Has anyone played this game (or bought it)?
What do you think of it?
What's the RPG system like? Is it anything like D&D?
How easy would it be to buy some (or all) of this stuff and use Bhurloka with the rules from Oriental Adventures?