Any interest in a new sub-setting?

The home of Elminster, Alias, Azoun, Khelben, and Drizzt the dark elf. Well met, traveller, and welcome to the Forgotten Realms!
The Book-House: Find Forgotten Realms products.

What is the best way to get people interested in my Giant and Dragon PC rules

I don’t think many fans want any of the below
9%
Do the Ostoria setting for DM’s Guild
55%
Do a Forgotten Realms dragon PC book for DM’s Guild
18%
Do a Forgotten Realms Giant PC book for DM’s Guild
9%
Do both a Forgotten Realms Giant PC book and a Dragon PC book for DM’s Guild
9%
Do a generic dragon PC book for Drive Thu
No votes
Do a generic Giant PC book for Drive Thu
No votes
Do both a generic Giant PC book and a Dragon PC book for Drive Thu
No votes

Total votes: 11

XstarkillerX
Broccoli Golem

Re: Any interest in a new sub-setting?

Post by XstarkillerX »

willpell wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:29 pm
shesheyan wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:27 pm
As creators we don't need barriers in our head to make commercially viable products.
Many starving artists once said exactly this. i wish you luck; you'll need it.
The world is enough cynical on its own. No need to put limitations on our need for self expression and satisfaction in achieving our goals. I think if someone genuinely puts his will to succeed in his efforts will eventually find a rewarding mean to financially sustain those goals. Maybe those "many starving artists" didn't try hard enough, bending their heads to this awful corporate mentality.
Life won't wait for us, and love won't heal itself. Let's find our way. Descendents, "Without Love"

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell »

XstarkillerX wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:08 pm
The world is enough cynical on its own.
And those who wish to survive in the world are well-advised to adapt to it.
No need to put limitations on our need for self expression and satisfaction in achieving our goals. I think if someone genuinely puts his will to succeed in his efforts will eventually find a rewarding mean to financially sustain those goals. Maybe those "many starving artists" didn't try hard enough, bending their heads to this awful corporate mentality.
I very strongly doubt that this is a better explanation than my theory.

XstarkillerX
Broccoli Golem

Post by XstarkillerX »

willpell wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:25 pm
XstarkillerX wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:08 pm
The world is enough cynical on its own.
And those who wish to survive in the world are well-advised to adapt to it.
No need to put limitations on our need for self expression and satisfaction in achieving our goals. I think if someone genuinely puts his will to succeed in his efforts will eventually find a rewarding mean to financially sustain those goals. Maybe those "many starving artists" didn't try hard enough, bending their heads to this awful corporate mentality.
I very strongly doubt that this is a better explanation than my theory.
Seems like we have to agree to disagree.
Besides, I think we have derailed this thread for too long.
Life won't wait for us, and love won't heal itself. Let's find our way. Descendents, "Without Love"

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides »

So the Ostoria work is claiming about a 1/3 of my gaming time alongside my Council of Wryms Conversion and actually running a campaign. Pace has been a bit slow recently due to travel for work (there are worse problems to have) but I am now sure that the idea has bitten my interest enough to sustain the multi-year effort needed to complete the project.
Please check out the [Ostoria] threads and let me know what doesn’t work.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell »

Coronoides wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:06 am
An issue with text only communication especially across similar cultures is that tone and intent can be easily misread. It happens. Not anyone’s fault and we are powerless to stop it entirely.
But what we are NOT powerless to do, is that we can unlearn the modern habit of instantly blocking anyone who says one thing you consider abhorrent, and instead people can learn how to give one another the benefit of the doubt, listen to ideas they're uncomfortable with, and question whether their own reactions are irrational and destructive to themselves, not to mention unreasonable as a way to treat others.

Return to “Forgotten Realms”