What are your rpg plans for 2019?

System-neutral discussion of campaign setting and game world design. Discussion of existing rules systems belongs in The Crunchy Bits and its sub-forums.
shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

What are your rpg plans for 2019?

Post by shesheyan » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:43 pm

From what I can tell at this hour I'm back on track after a dry spell of three months at the end of 2018.

I have an Edge of the Empire Star Wars campaign starting on January 11th. As a player I will participate in a 5e Waterdeep campaign. Finally, I will continue my solo D&D adventures. Not bad at all.

Edit: my Coriolis campaign might resume in september 2019. Also forgot to mention Modern AGE might be a possbility when I get my hands on the Lazarus setting book.

And you?
Last edited by shesheyan on Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Boddynock
Gnomish Ambassador

Re: What are your rpg plans for 2019?

Post by Boddynock » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:59 pm

Might be a little bit before I play at a live table top game due to a lot of drama that cropped up towards the end of December in my neck of the woods. So, with that in mind, expect a good deal of solo play reports. I would not be averse to play-by-post either.
Check out my blog: 'The Gnomish Embassy'

My Wattpad Profile

Support your local gnome!

Boddynock Stotch - 17th level Gnome Bard of Far Shore, Isle of Dread - Savage Tide Adventure Path

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:15 am

I am running five on line campaigns (and playing in one) and properly keeping up with that will be not a minor achievement!
Whatever may come on top of that will be good! 8)
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:31 am

I'm actually struggling with this right now.
I have a healthy Out of The Abyss campaign that is also a test bed for new races. This I'm keeping.
Other than that I have too many projects already started and I should focus on one or two.

1) I'd like to finish my game Gulliver's Trading Company and finally publish. This will require writing play test senario(s), recruiting blind play testers, and hassling the cover artist. This will go on sale at Drive-thru. I was passionate about this project but after years of having the beta out there and almost no feedback the project stalled. Being somewhat experimental I need to find out if the book is enough for someone to understand and run the game.

2)Council of Wryms to 5e Conversion. I have converted books 1 & 2 and most of book 3. I need to finish the book 3 conversion and the cards and posters information. The idea would be to run a campaign to play test the work in 2020.

3) The Green Isles. This campaign shut down when the venue closed. now the FLGS has re-opened. However, even at once per month writing all the adventures and material for this campaign seriously ate my time. I'm not sure I want that stress. On the other hand this world is my own work and I'm passionate about it. One option is to polish what I have for publication in RPG Review or elsewhere.

4) Ostoria. Though I began with a lot of energy I think this will be put on the back-burner until I finish some other projects

5) RPG Review. I write articles for this fanzine. Usually I just polish writing that's in my archive.

6) The hundreds of other games I want to run including Magic World, Dr Who, Mutant Year Zero, Mutants & Masterminds, a near future GURPS 'biopunk', the Forbbiden Lands etc.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wryms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz4zql2yhlyut ... 8.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n3i5bki6svae ... 0.pdf?dl=0

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:00 am

I expect to finish my runs of Emerald City Knights (Mutants & Masterminds) and Eternal Lies (Call of Cthulhu port), as well as to continue my Mystara/Norwold BECMI campaign.
As a player, I might occasionally play some MERP/Rolemaster. We also have a couple of other campaigns on hold (Deadlands, Achtung! Cthulhu), but I doubt the people running them will have time to prepare new sessions, so we'll probably stick with Middle-Earth when I'm not DM-ing.
Also, I'm playing online on Sturm's Karameikos campaign, which should go on quite a bit.

When the first two campaigns will be over (most likely spring for M&M and summer for CoC), I'll see what my players wold like to do... I've got tons of campaigns waiting, from Dark Sun's Prism Pentad to Lex Arcana (a Kickstarter that should deliver in summer), through Star Wars (Dawn of Defiance or a conversion from d6), Dracula Dossier, other BECMI or CoC games, etc. I've got a file with some 26 campaigns or long adventures waiting to be played (or re-played).

Finally, I'm also trying to find the time to write an original adventure -- the last (mostly) original campaign I wrote was a WitchCraft RPG one set in modern times in Italy, featuring the "Oil for food" corruption scandal.

GP
Last edited by agathokles on Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:54 am

As a DM
  • My Blackmoor/Mystara Campaign: Chronicle of the Last Elves using D&D 5E is something I hope to resume.
  • Shattered Space: My Shatterzone/Masterbook Sci Fi campaign will hopefully see at least a couple of sessions this year.
  • I hope to run a few BECMI sessions, possibly a new campaign
As a Player (Face to Face)
  • I play in an Eldritch Skies/Call of Cthulhu Sci Fi campaign (at least a few sessions next year?)
  • I play in a Warhammer 4E campaign, although I fear it might have died on arrival, but maybe?
  • I play in a D&D 5E campaign in a homebrew setting. I expect to see quite a bit of more play here.
  • I play in a Barbarians of Lemuria Campaign (at least a few sessions next year?)
  • I hope to play at least one or two other one shots with some friends.
As a Player (Online)
  • I play in RobJN's Throne of the Stars Blackmoor campaign at The Comeback Inn
  • I play in a BECMI/Godbound Campaign via Skype/Roll20 with my original group

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:23 am

Boddynock wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:59 pm
I would not be averse to play-by-post either.
IF ONLY THERE WAS A BLACKMOOR-BASED PbP GOING ON SOMEWHERE...... :)
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Post by timemrick » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:18 pm

As a GM:
  • Continuing my "Time of the Tarrasque" homebrew Pathfinder campaign.
  • Trying to finish up running "Forge of Fury" for my wife and kids (5e, Tales from the Yawning Portal).
  • ETA: Wrap up "The Kynthiad" (BESM, Greek myth).
As a player and GM:
  • Pathfinder Society.
Writing:
  • Continuing my weekly blog, "Studded Plate."
Possible but not definite:
  • Run another adventure from Tales from the Yawning Portal.
  • Try running some Blue Rose AGE, using the Six of Swords anthology I received for Xmas.
Tim Emrick, Green Ronin Freebooter and Keeper of the Freeport Errata
Time of the Tarrasque: My homebrew Pathfinder campaign (2017-).
Studded Plate: My blog about RPGs and LEGO.
Thastygliax's Vault: My other gaming pages.

zontoxira
Planewalker

Post by zontoxira » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:05 pm

Well, there's Planescape 5e that's still going, but I also want to run either Murder in Baldur's Gate or Legacy of the Crystal Shard, both being D&DNext adventures. There's a slight chance we'll see Ravenloft 2e and Call of Cthulhu, too.
Have a look at my Dark Sun 5e Reconstruction or Planescape 5e Belief System
---
Cager extraordinaire, at your service!
---
"There are no saints in the animal kingdom. Only breakfast, and dinner." - Lorne Malvo

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:36 pm

Last edited by Angel Tarragon on Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Social Media & Extended Signature

Pathfinder 2E
The ABCs of Character Creation
Product Catalog

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:43 pm

I'm still running the Throne of Stars play by post Sci-Fantasy Blackmoor adventure over at the Comeback Inn.

I'd like to try another run at a TC1 play by post one of these days, using either BECMI, 5e or PL-3+Beyond Science Alternity.

And once W.O.I.N.'s O.L.D. is upgraded to version 1.2, I'll be working on material for that as well....
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Post by timemrick » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:31 am

timemrick wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:18 pm
[*]Trying to finish up running "Forge of Fury" for my wife and kids (5e, Tales from the Yawning Portal).
We had a session today that finished all but the final level (which is pretty much just one tough encounter), so we should be able to wrap that up on the 1st. I'll be posting a summary to my blog as soon as I find time (probably late next week, after the conclusion).

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:18 am

RobJN wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:43 pm
I'm still running the Throne of Stars play by post Sci-Fantasy Blackmoor adventure over at the Comeback Inn.
....occasionally.... :roll: :P ^_^

Morfie
Metamorph

Post by Morfie » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:24 am

Planning on a BIG year myself, after not doing much at all over the last few years.

- Finishing off uncompleted projects.. Mystaran Almanacs, Bruce Heard's Alphatia.
- Learning how to use Adobe Illustrator and making hex maps like Thorf does... but not just for Mystara. Although non-Mystaran stuff would most likely be in 2020 and beyond.
- If there's any time left afterwards.. actually playing again after many years - a Solo BECMI campaign.

To accomplish all this with my very limited free time (due to work and kids) I will need to avoid previous time-sinks that interfered with RPG stuff, such as:
- PC Games (Easy enough with an old p.c.)
- TV shows (Exception: GoT final season)
- Movies (Exception: MCU)

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:36 am

Morfie wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:24 am
... I will need to avoid previous time-sinks that interfered with RPG stuff, such as:
- TV shows (Exception: GoT final season)
- Movies (Exception: MCU)
I am of like mind.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wryms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz4zql2yhlyut ... 8.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n3i5bki6svae ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:12 am

I have several campaigns in the works:
  1. My 13th Age campaign with my main gaming group has been going on for four years and is likely to wrap up in 2019.
  2. My 13th Age campaign that I run for my co-workers has been going on for three years with no end in sight.
  3. My wife and I play in a D&D 5e campaign that started a year and a half ago, and is still going strong.
  4. My main gaming group just started an Exalted 3rd Edition campaign that I'm a player in. We're still getting a feel for the setting and system, but if it goes well, we'll play throughout 2019.
  5. I'll run a 13th Age one-shot to introduce RPGs to my summer interns.
  6. My son and daughter-in-law are interested in playing 13th Age more frequently. We may turn our latest one-shot into a campaign if we can align everyone's schedules.
  7. I've been helping my youngest kids run Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells for each other, and it appears likely that they'll want to continue playing in 2019.

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Post by timemrick » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:32 pm

timemrick wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:31 am
timemrick wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:18 pm
[*]Trying to finish up running "Forge of Fury" for my wife and kids (5e, Tales from the Yawning Portal).
We had a session today that finished all but the final level (which is pretty much just one tough encounter), so we should be able to wrap that up on the 1st. I'll be posting a summary to my blog as soon as I find time (probably late next week, after the conclusion).
And we're done! (Blog to follow later this week.)

We won't be continuing with the next adventure immediately, but they're definitely still interested.

BotWizo
Wizard

Post by BotWizo » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:02 pm

We plan to continue our Mystara campaign.
I hope to get them through a mystara Princes of the apocolypse. (We are most of the way through, so in the next 2 months we should finish)
Then x10, and on to cm1 and the like.

All in 5e so I hope to get through many of the cm and hopefully some M modules before level 20. (i miss the original 36 levles).

I don't know if they would like to be immortals.
I have not figured out how to do that in 5e, that is elegant.
Game over man... Game over! -- Pvt. Hudson

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:58 pm

BotWizo wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:02 pm
If you come up with or come across an elegant solution, please let us know. I like the idea of "beyond epic" tier play, but in my limited experience, things often become too cumbersome by that point in a character's progression. I want Immortals-levels of over-the-top possibilities without the game becoming a slog.

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:43 pm

Tim Baker wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:58 pm
BotWizo wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:02 pm
If you come up with or come across an elegant solution, please let us know. I like the idea of "beyond epic" tier play, but in my limited experience, things often become too cumbersome by that point in a character's progression. I want Immortals-levels of over-the-top possibilities without the game becoming a slog.
OT: I'd suggest you have a good look at how Blacky the Blackball managed the issue: https://gurbintrollgames.wordpress.com/ ... companion/

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:10 am

Yaztromo wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:43 pm
I'd suggest you have a good look at how Blacky the Blackball managed the issue: https://gurbintrollgames.wordpress.com/ ... companion/
Thank you kindly! I'm checking it out.

Digitalelf
Bugbear

Post by Digitalelf » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:03 pm

I plan to continue running my main campaign using 2nd Edition AD&D, set in The World of Greyhawk (using the "From the Ashes" boxed set).

I'd also like to continue running a second game that seemed to have stalled a few months back... We'll have to wait and see. :D
-That One Digitalelf Fellow-

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:11 pm

I'm in a fun little campaign which I hope to continue in for a month or two, and then possibly start running something, if I manage to survive somehow.

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Post by timemrick » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:53 pm

This past year, one of the players in my home group ran some Pugmire for us, and we hope to do more this year. We are seriously thinking about inviting our church's minister to play at least one session. As a UU and dog lover, we think he would absolutely love the "All dogs are good dogs" religion in that setting.

Illuminatus
Hobgoblin

Post by Illuminatus » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:00 am

My New Years resolution was to finally learn how to use Roll20. I got an account in 2016 but it was so daunting I've never done anything with it...until about three days ago.

I'd like to fire up some old campaigns with friends who now live a zillion miles away.

Return to “The Squishy Bits”