Is Ravnica Part of the DMsGuild?

"There are some who call me...Tim!" Discuss Magic: The Gathering campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here
willpell
Black Dragon

Is Ravnica Part of the DMsGuild?

Post by willpell » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:39 pm

Just to be clear, IS Ravnica now open to the DM's Guild? If so, this is the first I've heard of it, and this would be insanely huge news, given that the rest of MTG is not tied into D&D at tall, so a gigantic explosion of DM's Guild content related to Ravnica would crazily set it apart from the entire rest of Magic's canon.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Is Ravnica Part of the DMsGuild?

Post by Havard » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:51 pm

willpell wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:39 pm
Just to be clear, IS Ravnica now open to the DM's Guild? If so, this is the first I've heard of it, and this would be insanely huge news, given that the rest of MTG is not tied into D&D at tall, so a gigantic explosion of DM's Guild content related to Ravnica would crazily set it apart from the entire rest of Magic's canon.

Looks like it is:
DMsGuild wrote:I don’t see anything that would stop me from publishing a Greyhawk or Zendikar or Dark Sun product on DMs Guild. Can I do that?

For now, DMs Guild is limited to the Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Eberron, and Ravnica settings only, although you can also publish anything for 5th Edition that (i) is generic enough to be used in a permitted setting without effort and (ii) doesn’t explicitly use anything related to another official Wizards setting.

For example, you can mention Forgotten Realms deities such as Azuth or Mystra, but you can’t mention Boccob, Vecna, Aureon, Lunitari, or any other deity from another official D&D setting that hasn't been permitted here.
Source: https://support.dmsguild.com/hc/en-us/a ... -Questions

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:53 pm

Well, that's very interesting indeed. And I really hope they'll add Greyhawk and Dominaria to that list real damn soon, because huge swaths of both the D&D and Magic universes are currently locked away behind those two names.

Dragon Turtle
Initiate

Post by Dragon Turtle » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:03 pm

Split from this discussion.

-Dragon Turtle
This is Havard's Alternate Account
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group so that you can stay in touch.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Junior admin at The Piazza. My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Icarus
Ogre

Post by Icarus » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:09 pm

Yes … it absolutely is.
As soon as the PDF came out on the DMsGuild, it was simultaneously announced that it was open for use.

And, as for amount of content, there's about 80 titles on DMsGuild.com that have "Ravnica" in them, just by search results.
"And he did fly,... and he was seen on the wings of the wind."
My online Gallery of Artwork. Take a look at my illustrations!

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:43 am

The DMs Guild search system will actually let you search for Ravnica products.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”