We speculated on what this book would be in this thread. Now the cover has been released.
Amazon has the following info:
Available for preorder now:Amazon wrote:Explore the waves above and the fathoms below in these watery adventures for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.
“D&D acolytes are everywhere...Tech workers from Silicon Valley to Brooklyn have long-running campaigns, and the showrunners and the novelist behind ‘Game of Thrones’ have all been Dungeon Masters.”—Neima Jahromi, The New Yorker
Ghosts of Saltmarsh brings classic adventures into fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons. This adventure book combines some of the most popular classic adventures from the first edition of Dungeons & Dragons including the classic “U” series, plus some of the best nautical adventures from the history of Dungeon Magazine: Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh, Danger at Dunwater, Salvage Operation, Isle of the Abbey, The Final Enemy, Tammeraut’s Fate, The Styes.
• Ghosts of Salt Marsh includes a variety of seafaring adventures, enough to take characters from level 1 to level 12.
• This supplement introduces the port town of Saltmarsh, the perfect starting point for a nautical campaign.
• Each adventure can be played individually, inserted into your ongoing game or combined into a single epic nautical campaign.
• Dungeon Masters will find rules for ships and sea travel, deck plans for various vessels, an appendix with rules for new and classic monsters, and much more.
• Dungeons & Dragons is the world’s greatest roleplaying game. Created in 1974, D&D transformed gaming culture by blending traditional fantasy with miniatures and wargaming.
Edit 1: It is speculated that this book will include a revised version of the rules found in the free PDF Of Ships and the Sea
Edit 2: The Isle of the Abbey from Dungeon #34 was originally a Mystara adventure discussed here.
Edit3: There's more info on this book in this Youtube Interview with Kate Welch who was part of the design team.
"We have isolated [Saltmarsh] from [Greyhawk] so ut can be dropped into any setting". Not sure if that means all references to GH have been removed.
Edit 4: Ghosts of Saltmarsh written by Kobold Press team