Vaults of Pandius updated

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Gawain_VIII, Havard, Cthulhudrew

stanles
Hill Giant

Re: Vaults of Pandius updated

Post by stanles » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:42 pm

Morfie wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:46 am
stanles wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:31 am
And thanks Morfie - looking forward to that 😁
Pressure's on.. 1015 now done. Added to this post.
Cool, thanks Morfie. I'll be back from travelling soon and get to an update.
Visit the Vaults of Pandius http://pandius.com, the official website for the Dungeons and Dragons setting of Mystara.

Submissions to the Vaults can be made directly to webmaster@pandius.com

stanles
Hill Giant

Post by stanles » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:09 am

McDeath wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:55 pm
I was curious if PDFs were made for AC1015, 1016, 1017 or are these continually being updated?

Another tidbit I discovered while going through some fascinating articles; there's an error link here:
http://pandius.com/tome/tomevol5/main.html

MyMiCS: Mystaran Mass Combat System by Adrian Matthias

http://pandius.com/tome/disallow.html

From Issue 6
All of the links to any NWN project goes basically no where now.
hey McDeath

I ended up finding the answer to this on the old Mystara Message Boards, I had a vague recollection of what had happened - but had forgotten a lot of the details.

There came a time when Geocities went down and, for whatever reason, the creators were not in a position to recreate it elsewhere. As the Tome of Mystara had its own copyright notifications permissions were gained from all contributors to host the Tome on the Vaults of Pandius. Permissions were gained from the authors for all of the articles except two - the one you identified and this one from issue 6

The Rom Mini-Gazetteer: Another Look at "Gypsies" in the Known World , by Derek Adam

Therefore the link is not an error.

As for the links in the NWN article from Issue 6, you are correct. This is the article as originally created, and all of those links have since expired. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to maintain all such links in all of the Vaults.
Visit the Vaults of Pandius http://pandius.com, the official website for the Dungeons and Dragons setting of Mystara.

stanles
Hill Giant

Post by stanles » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:36 pm

Update 20 January 2019

I have maintained currency with things directly sent or pointed out to me: files from the Mystara, Mystara Reborn, BECMI and Hollow World Facebook groups; and the following rooms on The Piazza: Mystara 3E Conversion Project, Mystara 4E Conversion Project, Classic D&D, Thorf's Project main room, Hollow Word, Savage Coast, Geographical Mapping on Thorf's Project, and Thunder Rift. For The Piazza: main Mystara room I am current up until the end of November 2018.

The following files have been updated on the Vaults of Pandius:
The following files have been loaded on the Vaults of Pandius:
  • Mystara Almanac AC 1017 cleaned up PDF version 2.0.
  • Mystara Almanac AC 1016 cleaned up PDF version 2.0.
  • Mystara Almanac AC 1015 cleaned up PDF version 2.0.
  • Order of the Griffon part I an adventure for 3-5 characters of levels 1 to 3 based (loosely) on the Order of the Griffon from the old TurboGrafx 16 game of the same name.

Irondrake
Ogre

Post by Irondrake » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:11 am

WOW! :shock: Really great stuff here (as always). Pleasantly surprised to see two adventures (The Judgement of Rad and Order of the Griffin, Part 1)! Looking forward to reading those! And of course every time I view one of Robin's 1-mile maps, even if I have seen it before, my jaw drops at the wonderful level of detail put into it. Oh, and the revised Almanacs are awesome to see as well! Lots of great updates to the Vaults. Time for me to start reading! :D

Robin
Storm Giant

Post by Robin » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:31 am

Thanx Shawn for posting these ;)
I am skimming the adventures and they seem nice... :twisted:
And Irondrake
Also thanx for the compliment....I truly enjoy these, these things said spur energy in my working mind, which I need to create :halo: . :lol: So thanx again. :D
My Deviantart page; http://6inchnails.deviantart.com/ For Mystara hexmaps and Fantasy art (to see all fantasy art; enter and declare you are an adult...frigging exposure rules)
My personal Mystara Blog;http://breathofmystara.blogspot.nl/

stanles
Hill Giant

Post by stanles » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:15 pm

Irondrake wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:11 am
WOW! :shock: Really great stuff here (as always). Pleasantly surprised to see two adventures (The Judgement of Rad and Order of the Griffin, Part 1)! Looking forward to reading those! And of course every time I view one of Robin's 1-mile maps, even if I have seen it before, my jaw drops at the wonderful level of detail put into it. Oh, and the revised Almanacs are awesome to see as well! Lots of great updates to the Vaults. Time for me to start reading! :D
Yes, I am always particularly happy to release things which are directly sent to me like those adventures. Likewise, highlighting stuff which I hadn't found earlier is also pleasing.

stanles
Hill Giant

Post by stanles » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:16 pm

Robin wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:31 am
Thanx Shawn for posting these ;)
I am skimming the adventures and they seem nice... :twisted:
And Irondrake
Also thanx for the compliment....I truly enjoy these, these things said spur energy in my working mind, which I need to create :halo: . :lol: So thanx again. :D
you're welcome Robin

McDeath
Hobgoblin

Post by McDeath » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:23 pm

Wow! Mega awesome.

stanles
Hill Giant

Post by stanles » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:15 pm

McDeath wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:23 pm
Wow! Mega awesome.
thanks McDeath

McDeath
Hobgoblin

Post by McDeath » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:41 pm

I’ve been going through old web link lists for webrings and geocities, and yahoo groups and it’s sad they have faded. Wish I would have had high speed net in say 1998 onward. So it’s a relief some of my favorites are still actively around producing such great content. Very much appreciated on my end.

stanles
Hill Giant

Post by stanles » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:06 pm

Update 3 February 2019

I have maintained currency with things directly sent or pointed out to me: files from the Mystara, Mystara Reborn, BECMI and Hollow World Facebook groups; and the following rooms on The Piazza: Mystara 3E Conversion Project, Mystara 4E Conversion Project, Classic D&D, Thorf's Project main room, Hollow World, Savage Coast, Geographical Mapping on Thorf's Project, and Thunder Rift. For The Piazza: main Mystara room I am current up until the middle of January 2019.

• The Dragon Attura and the Wrath of Immortals.

stanles
Hill Giant

Post by stanles » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:43 pm

Update 3 March 2019

I have maintained currency with things directly sent or pointed out to me: files from the Mystara, Mystara Reborn, BECMI and Hollow World Facebook groups; and the following rooms on The Piazza: Mystara 3E Conversion Project, Mystara 4E Conversion Project, Classic D&D, Thorf's Project main room, Hollow World, Savage Coast, Geographical Mapping on Thorf's Project, and Thunder Rift. For The Piazza: main Mystara room I am current up until the middle of February 2019.

• Isle of Dread: a comparison between the Goodman Games revisitation and the Classic modules.
  • Fighter: High Level Options - Warlord.

stanles
Hill Giant

Post by stanles » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:39 am

Update 6 March 2019

McDeath
Hobgoblin

Post by McDeath » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:49 pm

I did a quick flip-through and I am astounded. I mean all the Threshold Zines are awesome but the paths and the possibilities for the Iron Ring and Black Eagle. WOW. Only hiccup I see is the picture of the color Threshold from probably the poster map. Its a bit grainy hard to make out the words. I wonder what art program/mapper they used as cities in that vein of drawing are an interest of mine. Can't say I can draw myself though I tried some time ago for some land around Threshhold. I should find my old maps and post them on the sites (wherever in storage they are. They aren't much tbh and mostly just adds a little bit of farming areas and some swamp. Trivial stuff.

Anyways, thanks to all involve in this issue. Its grabbed me and I will read it in more detail.

Cheers.

AllanP
Storm Giant

Post by AllanP » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:54 am

McDeath wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:49 pm
...Only hiccup I see is the picture of the color Threshold from probably the poster map. Its a bit grainy hard to make out the words. I wonder what art program/mapper they used as cities in that vein of drawing are an interest of mine.
I guess you;re referring to the map on page 87 of issue #22 (Which I've just noticed has an incorrect caption "...Threwshold..." :oops: )
It's a result of shrinking the original (available here on the Vaults) down to fit the page size of the zine. There'soften illustrations suggested for articles which aren't designed for the A4 portrait page size, so they have to be shrunk to fit accordingly, and this can affect how it appears in the zine. We try our best, but it's not always possible to adjust.
If you like city maps, what did you think of those for Specularum in issue #21?

regards,
AllanP
"...a wanderer on the streets of Specularum"
My Specularum website includes Specularum City maps and FC1 Work In Progress

Gecko
Storm Giant

Post by Gecko » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:06 am

stanles wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:43 pm
Update 3 March 2019
I think there's a bad url here.

McDeath
Hobgoblin

Post by McDeath » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:15 am

Issue 21 is astounding. I will definitely print the maps when I get a laser color printer. Atm just bought b/w on the cheap so no hurry. There’s so much content and I really enjoyed seeing the city developement through the ages. These are top quality and only now am I actually going through them here and there instead of just collecting.

I really must congratulate everyone on their hard work.

stanles
Hill Giant

Post by stanles » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:58 am

Gecko wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:06 am
stanles wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:43 pm
Update 3 March 2019
I think there's a bad url here.
oops, thanks Greg

oddly it wasn't a bad URL - for some reason the file wasn't uploaded. It's there now.

cheers
shawn

stanles
Hill Giant

Post by stanles » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:51 am

Update 31 March 2019

I have maintained currency with things directly sent or pointed out to me: files from the Mystara, Mystara Reborn, BECMI and Hollow World Facebook groups; and the following rooms on The Piazza: Mystara 3E Conversion Project, Mystara 4E Conversion Project, Classic D&D, Thorf's Project main room, Hollow World, Savage Coast, Geographical Mapping on Thorf's Project, and Thunder Rift. For The Piazza: main Mystara room I am current up until the middle of March 2019.

I have reinstated the form for email notifications when the Vaults are updated - it's on the main page at the bottom of the page.

• High quality versions of maps from the twenty-second issue of Threshold are available:
    • Adapting Classic AD&D Modules to a Mystara Campaign - Map 1: Map of the Northern Reaches, with recommended locations for the Steading of the Hill Giant Chief, the Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl, and the Hall of the Fire Giant King. Map by Thorfinn Tait, based on GAZ7, TM1, TM2, X1 and Wrath of the Immortals, used by permission.
    • Adapting Classic AD&D Modules to a Mystara Campaign - Map 2: Continental Map from Dungeon 6 "Tortles of the Purple Sage - Part 1" with recommended locations for G1-3, I1, A1-4, and C1. Based on replica map by Thorfinn Tait, April 2018, used by permission.
    • Adapting Classic AD&D Modules to a Mystara Campaign - Map 3: Map of the Serpent Peninsula, from X6 (left) indicating the location of Onyo Maata, recommended site of the Forbidden City, and from Champions of Mystara in 1000 AC (right). Replica maps by Thorfinn Tait, April 2018, used by permission.
    • Adapting Classic AD&D Modules to a Mystara Campaign - Map 4: Map of Hule from X5 (left) with recommended location for Highport in A1, and the Gulf of Hule in 1000 AC (right) based on multiple sources. Maps by Thorfinn Tait, 2018, used by permission.
  • La Scorta ovvero Pestilenza alla Rocca sulle Terre di Confine (MA5) an adventure for 4 to 5 sixth to eighth level characters, 5E (in Italian). An adventure set in the legendary Castellan Keep and surroundings. A treacherous death demon is spreading a mortal disease in the Keep and beyond. The PCs are assigned a risky mission to end the menace: travel to St Yakov Monastery, in the middle of the Altan Tepes, where a holy relic, a book written by Queen Petra herself, is said to be guarded. In the pages of this book is the key to cure the pox ...
  • La Ricerca della Legio Manticorae volume II (MA4) an adventure for 3 to 5 fourth to sixth level characters, 5E (in Italian). After discovering the fate of Cordio, the PCs have to embark on a perilous journey across the Sea of Dread, aboard Helena, the ship owned by Adonai Stephanos, Merchant Prince of Kastelios. Upon reaching Raven Scarp, the heroes are hired by Leilah Ben Nadir to discover the fate of the Legio Manticorae, mysteriously lost in the depths of Davanian Jungle.
  • Map of Kavkaz 8 miles per hex.
  • Revised version of the BECMI Thief class.
  • Replica map of Brun from X9 The Savage Coast.
  • Errata questions and proposed solutions about Foresters.
  • Prakash, lupin mystic and ascetic.
  • Fighter: Gaucho 5E conversion.
  • Fighter: High Level Options - Warlord.

Irondrake
Ogre

Post by Irondrake » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:26 pm

Hi Stanles,
Could you tell me where you found the articles on Magical Weapon Mastery, Weapon Mastery - New Weapons; both by Colin Davidson? Were they from a Facebook group? He's got some great ideas!

stanles
Hill Giant

Post by stanles » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:23 pm

Irondrake wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:26 pm
Hi Stanles,
Could you tell me where you found the articles on Magical Weapon Mastery, Weapon Mastery - New Weapons; both by Colin Davidson? Were they from a Facebook group? He's got some great ideas!
hey Irondrake

The author pointed them to me directly. They're on his blog https://thoughtfulnerd.blogspot.com/

They appear to be the only thing on his blog and since then he has been active on the various BECMI/Mystara Facebook groups. I don't know if he is active here.

cheers
shawn

Irondrake
Ogre

Post by Irondrake » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:12 pm

Thanks Stanles! I was wondering if he had a blog.

stanles
Hill Giant

Post by stanles » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:59 pm

Update 14 April 2019

I have maintained currency with things directly sent or pointed out to me: files from the Mystara, Mystara Reborn, BECMI and Hollow World Facebook groups; and the following subforums on The Piazza: Mystara 3E Conversion Project, Mystara 4E Conversion Project, Classic D&D, Thorf's Project main room, Hollow World, Savage Coast, Geographical Mapping on Thorf's Project, and Thunder Rift. As can be seen I've also started to cherry-pick articles from the D&D 5th Edition subforum. For The Piazza: main Mystara room I am current up until the end of March 2019.

• La mappa del vecchio ylari (MA1) an adventure for first level characters, 5E (in Italian). The adventure is a prequel of B4 and B10 BECMI modules. A rich dwarf merchant of Rockhome is searching for a map leading to the mythical city of Cynidicea. The old Ylari who holds the precious item was murdered and the map is now in the hands of a local "starosta" of the Veiled Society. Will you be able to recover the precious document from the clutches of the ruthless thieves that hide in the Fogor Isle Lair?
Last edited by stanles on Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robin
Storm Giant

Post by Robin » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:37 pm

Nice work Shawn. Thanx again
My Deviantart page; http://6inchnails.deviantart.com/ For Mystara hexmaps and Fantasy art (to see all fantasy art; enter and declare you are an adult...frigging exposure rules)
My personal Mystara Blog;http://breathofmystara.blogspot.nl/

Hugin
Messenger of Odin

Post by Hugin » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:30 pm

Wow, that looks like a lot of work. Thanks Shawn!

Return to “Mystara”