DLR1 Otherlands in DMs Guild sale on Print on Demand

Visit Krynn's mysterious second continent and other lands that lie beyond the shores of Ansalon.
The Book-House: Find Taladas products.

Moderators: maddog, Dragonhelm

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

DLR1 Otherlands in DMs Guild sale on Print on Demand

Post by Big Mac » Thu May 09, 2019 1:56 am

DLR1 Otherlands is on sale on Dungeon Masters Guild in both Print on Demand format and PDF!
Dungeon Masters Guild wrote:Image

Beyond Ansalon - beyond even Taladas - cut off from the rest of Krynn by distance or circumstance, lie several lost lands with enough excitement and peril to challenge the hardiest adventurer.

Far beneath the vastness of Krynn's oceans is Watermere, home to the reclusive Dargonesti sea elves. In their valley on the sea floor, they work, play, explore, and resist the plots and forces of Takhisis, the Dark Queen, whose ambitions to conquer Krynn extend even to the seas and the lands below them. Airbreathers are occasionally brought to Watermere with the aid of powerful magix-sometimes as guests, sometimes as pets, sometimes as prey... which will you be?

Silesia Selasia is a jungle island with a spine of forbidding mountains running its length. Do the gods dwell amont the lofty peaks, as the superstitious natives believe? Or do they just say that because no one who goes to the mountains ever comes back?

South of Ansalon, past the Ice Wall for another thousand miles, lies the south pole of Krynn. And there, warmed by lava flows deep below the surface, is the underground world of Chorane. Three human tribes, all descended from the same group of settlers, wage a bitter and neverending civil war, with evil dwarves and a long-lost offshoot of the kender race rounding out the balance of power. Outsiders should pick their allies carefully, lest they become sacrifices for the great dragons that lair far beneath the pole.

Otherlands is a 96-page sourcebook detailing three fascinating, never-seen-before areas on the planet of Krynn, home of the DRAGONLANCE saga, for the ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS 2nd Edition game. A full-color map of the Otherlands is also included.
The Softcover, Standard Color Book is down from $9.99 to $8.49, the PDF is down from $4.99 to $4.24 and the combo bundle is down from $14.98 to $10.19.
Last edited by Big Mac on Sun May 12, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: DLR1 Otherlands in DMs Guild sale on Print on Demand

Post by Angel Tarragon » Sun May 12, 2019 8:15 am

While I am not a huge fan of Dragonlance I do adore the Time of The Dragon sub-setting, as soon some funds free up I'll pick this one up for any info at has on Taladas.
When I hit 8,888 posts you're going to see some serious sh*t. :P

Social Media

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun May 12, 2019 12:13 pm

Angel Tarragon wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:15 am
While I am not a huge fan of Dragonlance I do adore the Time of The Dragon sub-setting, as soon some funds free up I'll pick this one up for any info at has on Taladas.
It's not really a Taladas product.

Otherlands contains three mini-campaign settings that are on other parts of Krynn.

Watermere is below the sea. Dargonesti sea elves live there.

Selasia is a jungle island that is part of a chain of islands called The Spine of Taladas. (It is midway on the trade route from Watermere to Taladas.)

Chorane is a civilisation below the ice at Krynn's southern pole. There is volcanic activity nearby that warms up the area.

You mentioned Otherlands in a topic called Otherlands: Thoughts? way back in 2013 and Falconer pointed you at the old WotC Old Editions Downloads page, where this used to be free to download from WotC.

Hopefully you grabbed a copy that you still have somewhere, so you can skim through it and decide if this is something you want to buy in PoD format.

I've got an original copy (from the 2nd Hand market) and am not sorry I bought it. But then I want to learn about anywhere on Krynn, so my reasons for liking it might not match up with what you want.

If you want to know more about the individual settings, you might want to start topics with the "[Watermere]", "[Selasia]" or "[Chorane]" forum tags. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Boneguard
Deep One Priest

Post by Boneguard » Sun May 12, 2019 1:53 pm

I'll have to revisit it eventually, but Chorane, is the entrance to my Hollow Krynn setting. A bit in the same principle as Hollow World, but with old Krynn race and culture (ex. Proto-ogre/Irda, untainted gnome) with no native Draconian, tinker, gnome, gully dwarves or kender...oh and some Alien dwarves because Spelljammer tie-in.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun May 12, 2019 2:02 pm

Boneguard wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 1:53 pm
I'll have to revisit it eventually, but Chorane, is the entrance to my Hollow Krynn setting. A bit in the same principle as Hollow World, but with old Krynn race and culture (ex. Proto-ogre/Irda, untainted gnome) with no native Draconian, tinker, gnome, gully dwarves or kender...oh and some Alien dwarves because Spelljammer tie-in.
That's a great idea!

Do we have a thread about Hollow Krynn yet? :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun May 12, 2019 2:02 pm

Boneguard wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 1:53 pm
That's a great idea!

Do we have a thread about Hollow Krynn yet? :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Boneguard
Deep One Priest

Post by Boneguard » Sun May 12, 2019 2:07 pm

The link in my signature block will give you the link to the Dragon lance forum where it is housed. The work document with the timeline may or may not be available atm but I could put it on googledrive
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Sun May 12, 2019 11:15 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:13 pm
It's not really a Taladas product.

Otherlands contains three mini-campaign settings that are on other parts of Krynn.

Watermere is below the sea. Dargonesti sea elves live there.

Selasia is a jungle island that is part of a chain of islands called The Spine of Taladas. (It is midway on the trade route from Watermere to Taladas.)

Chorane is a civilisation below the ice at Krynn's southern pole. There is volcanic activity nearby that warms up the area.

You mentioned Otherlands in a topic called Otherlands: Thoughts? way back in 2013 and Falconer pointed you at the old WotC Old Editions Downloads page, where this used to be free to download from WotC.

Hopefully you grabbed a copy that you still have somewhere, so you can skim through it and decide if this is something you want to buy in PoD format.

I've got an original copy (from the 2nd Hand market) and am not sorry I bought it. But then I want to learn about anywhere on Krynn, so my reasons for liking it might not match up with what you want.

If you want to know more about the individual settings, you might want to start topics with the "[Watermere]", "[Selasia]" or "[Chorane]" forum tags. :)
I know nothing about those lands, and since my interest in Dragonlance is not with Ansalon I am very curious to learn about the other continents so I will get this at some point.

And boy-o I completely forgot about that thread.
When I hit 8,888 posts you're going to see some serious sh*t. :P

Social Media

Return to “Taladas and Otherlands”