[Night Below] Night Below: An Underdark Campaign in DMs Guild sale on Print on Demand

Discuss published campaign worlds that do not have a specific forum here.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Night Below] Night Below: An Underdark Campaign in DMs Guild sale on Print on Demand

Post by Big Mac » Sat May 11, 2019 1:12 pm

Night Below: An Underdark Campaign (2e) is on sale on Dungeon Masters Guild in both Print on Demand format and PDF!
Dungeon Masters Guild wrote:Image

A missing mage...

A ruthless band of kidnappers...

A sinister conspiracy...

Night Below, the first epic campaign adventure for the AD&D game, is designed to take the player characters from 1st level to 10th level and beyond. The PCs start as beginning adventures on a routine courier mission who soon become drawn into combating a sinister plot that menaces the pleasant land of Haranshire.

By the end of Book I, The Evils of Haranshire, the player characters should have worked their way up to 5th level. Book II, Perils of the Underdark, shifts the scene underground as the characters search the seemingly endless realm of the underdark to discover the fate of the kidnappers' victims. By the time they reach the dark cavern of The Sunless Sea in Book III, they should each be 10th level or above, ready at last to confront the ultimate evil behind the far-reaching conspiracy.

Inside this box are
  • Three 64-page books compromising a single grand-scale adventure, which can be placed in any AD&D world.
  • 16 Player Handout sheets featuring art, maps, charts, and letters.
  • 8 two-sided DUNGEON MASTER Reference Cards providing cutouts, monster rosters, and two new evil deities.
  • An eight-page booklet of new MONSTROUS COMPENDIUM entries, detailing three new races and two new monsters.
  • 6 full-color poster maps detailing all the important locations in the entire campaign setting.
Note on the print edition: All booklets, handouts, and maps have been merged into a single collected book (the maps have been split into individual pages). If you intend to use the handouts and maps at your table it is recommended that you purchase the PDF+Print combo deal and print those out using the PDF.
The Softcover, Standard Color Book is down from $19.99 to $17,50, the Hardcover, Standard Color Book is down from $24.99 to $21.87, the PDF is down from $9.99 to $8.49 and the combo bundles are down from $29.98 to $19.20 for the Softcover/PDF bundle and down from $34.98 to $23.57 for the Hardcover/PDF bundle.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: [Night Below] Night Below: An Underdark Campaign in DMs Guild sale on Print on Demand

Post by Angel Tarragon » Sun May 12, 2019 8:00 am

Never got the original release, so very tempting to pick this up right now.
Social Media & Extended Signature

Pathfinder 2E
The ABCs of Character Creation
Product Catalog

NPCDave
Frost Giant

Re: [Night Below] Night Below: An Underdark Campaign in DMs Guild sale on Print on Demand

Post by NPCDave » Sun May 12, 2019 7:04 pm

I put a large set of conversion notes of this campaign placing it in Mystara in the Northern Reaches in Threshold Magazine #6 and #8. It even has whole new encounter sections including two more embassy towers in the aboleth city itself, as well as a kopru faction for the third book.

NPCDave
Frost Giant

Post by NPCDave » Sun May 12, 2019 7:04 pm

I put a large set of conversion notes of this campaign placing it in Mystara in the Northern Reaches in Threshold Magazine #6 and #8. It even has whole new encounter sections including two more embassy towers in the aboleth city itself, as well as a kopru faction for the third book.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun May 12, 2019 7:13 pm

NPCDave wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:04 pm
I recently got the original version of this adventure. I will have to take another look at your articles. There's also a certain Aboleth in Dungeons of Castle Blackmoor I never knew what to do with untill you suddenly gave me some ideas here...

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides » Mon May 13, 2019 11:40 am

Has anyone seen a 5e conversion for this?
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wryms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz4zql2yhlyut ... 8.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n3i5bki6svae ... 0.pdf?dl=0

NPCDave
Frost Giant

Post by NPCDave » Mon May 13, 2019 6:22 pm

Havard wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:13 pm
I will have to take another look at your articles. There's also a certain Aboleth in Dungeons of Castle Blackmoor I never knew what to do with untill you suddenly gave me some ideas here...

-Havard
As long as you are taking another look, check out the appendix where I did an update to all the names in Night Below. There is an easter egg I put in there which no one ever noticed so I might as well bring it up now.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri May 17, 2019 9:43 am

NPCDave wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:22 pm
Havard wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:13 pm
I will have to take another look at your articles. There's also a certain Aboleth in Dungeons of Castle Blackmoor I never knew what to do with untill you suddenly gave me some ideas here...
As long as you are taking another look, check out the appendix where I did an update to all the names in Night Below. There is an easter egg I put in there which no one ever noticed so I might as well bring it up now.
I do like an easter egg. ;)
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri May 17, 2019 9:49 am

Angel Tarragon wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:00 am
Never got the original release, so very tempting to pick this up right now.
I ended up making this part of my DMs Guild PoD sale haul.

Now I need a bespoke Night Below forum at The Piazza so I can learn more about Haranshirespace! :)

talsine
Priest of Syrinx

Post by talsine » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:06 am

Big Mac wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:49 am

I ended up making this part of my DMs Guild PoD sale haul.

Now I need a bespoke Night Below forum at The Piazza so I can learn more about Haranshirespace! :)
sorry for the necro, but have you gotten this yet? I am very curious how it comes PoD and if you feel like it was worth it. Night Below is a 2E grail item for me, since I used to own it and played it many many times.

Seethyr
Couatl

Post by Seethyr » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:15 pm

One of my absolute favorite boxed sets from the boxed set days. Sorry if that’s not contributing much to the conversation, but In case someone is thinking about picking it up, it was a joy to read and play (outside of the first book, which was ho hum)
Follow the Maztica (Aztez/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Return to “Other Worlds”