Eyes of the Stone Thief coming to D&D 5e

Discuss Pelgrane Press's 13th Age rules here. Discussion of the Dragon Empire campaign setting can also be held here.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Eyes of the Stone Thief coming to D&D 5e

Post by Tim Baker » Tue May 21, 2019 2:30 am

According to the 13th Age Twitter account, the 13th Age megadungeon adventure, Eyes of the Stone Thief, is coming to D&D 5e. Are you excited to see a whole new audience exposed to the Dragon Empire setting?

https://twitter.com/13thAge/status/1130514625718554627

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: Eyes of the Stone Thief coming to D&D 5e

Post by Angel Tarragon » Tue May 21, 2019 4:03 am

D&D 5E is not my cup of tea. I am liking the system of 13th Age a lot more. It has some parallels with a vision I had for an rpg of my own design.
Social Media & Extended Signature

Pathfinder 2E
The ABCs of Character Creation
Product Catalog

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo » Tue May 21, 2019 4:18 am

This campaign is great, so I'm happy that more people can play it. I have to say that I played part of it and run another part of it with diffeent rulesets and it is not too big an issue. This campaign is great for the concept behind it and the design of some areas.
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Wed May 22, 2019 7:56 am

The following update was provided on Facebook:
Wade Rockett wrote: To clarify: the 5e compatible version of Eyes of the Stone Thief is a sample of the full dungeon. It includes two levels: the Maw and the Gauntlet. It doesn’t provide guidance on bringing 13th Age mechanics into 5e—it does have a “What is 13th Age?” section that describes some of the distinctive features of the game (icon relationships, the Escalation die, etc.) at a general level, without including the mechanics. It doesn’t talk much about the Dragon Empire setting either. The goal is to make 5e players aware of 13th Age and give them an enjoyable dungeon they can play in.
[\quote]

Return to “13th Age”