My DMs Guild PoD sale haul

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

My DMs Guild PoD sale haul

Post by Big Mac » Fri May 17, 2019 10:05 am

The recent Print on Demand sale at Dungeon Masters Guild (which ended on 16th May, but was still going on over here on the 17th of May due to the USA being a bit behind in the time zones) gave me the chance to go looking for Print on Demand versions of products I could not afford in the original format.

I did a bit of looking for Greyspace, Krynnspace and Realmspace products but ended up having to guess. I ended up getting this lot:
  • A0-A4: Against the Slave Lords (1e)
  • S1-4: Dungeons of Dread (1e)
  • The World of Greyhawk (1e)
  • The City of Greyhawk (2e)
  • The Scarlet Brotherhood (2e)
  • DLS1 New Beginnings (2e)
  • Night Below: An Underdark Campaign (2e)
  • Red Hand of Doom (3e)
  • City of Splendors: Waterdeep (3.5)
  • FOR5 Elves of Evermeet (2e)
  • FR15 Gold & Glory (2e)
  • Expedition to the Demonweb Pits (3.5)
I didn't end up getting any more Al-Qadim, Kara-Tur or Maztica books. But I think I'll update my various Amazon wishlists (and assign priority to products) so that I can do this faster, if DMs Guild do this again next May.

I was thinking of doing an even Dragonlance - Greyhawk - Forgotten Realms spread, but in the end it turned out that I couldn't get the Dragonlance products I wanted and there were a couple of 3e products and a campaign setting I didn't already have.

Did anyone else buy anything in the DMs Guild PoD sale? What did you get?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: My DMs Guild PoD sale haul

Post by Big Mac » Tue May 21, 2019 2:34 pm

7.5 KG of D&D books just arrived!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Tue May 21, 2019 3:51 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:34 pm
Cool. Have fun! Let us know about the quality of the print (scans). ;)

apotheot
Ogre

Post by apotheot » Wed May 22, 2019 4:36 am

Great books all. I wonder if they have put the errata into S1-4? It was like 2 pages long and was released on the old TSR page at one point.
apotheot

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed May 22, 2019 10:22 am

apotheot wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 4:36 am
Great books all. I wonder if they have put the errata into S1-4? It was like 2 pages long and was released on the old TSR page at one point.
I doubt it. I don't think that DMs Guild would know to look for it. But that is a good idea. They could add things like this at the end...if they had them in a usable format.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed May 22, 2019 10:24 am

shesheyan wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:51 pm
Big Mac wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:34 pm
Cool. Have fun! Let us know about the quality of the print (scans). ;)
Thanks.

I'll try to.

First thing, first, I have to check they are all OK and then update my D&D wishlists (so I don't accidentally buy anything twice).

Dread Delgath
Storm Giant

Post by Dread Delgath » Fri May 24, 2019 10:13 pm

Sounds great! How do PoD books look & feel? All of the books you ordered came as soft covers or soft covers in boxed sets - and those boxed sets came with poster maps & reference cards.

Does PoD do those things? Do their books even come stapled in the center with cardstock covers (and maps printed on the inside) like the originals did?
A big THANKS! to Giant Space Hamster & Chimpman for the cookies! (Dark Side be damned!) :D

My D&D 5th edition Dakan Mar Campaign setting Conspectus and Campaign Rules here at The Piazza Forums, a Fool's Errand WIP.

Return to “The Wishing Well”