[TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.
RobJN
Dire Flumph

[TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by RobJN »

TOC/The Story Thus Far....
  • Session Zero/Chargen took place here. If you'd like to join the game, that's the place to chime in :D
  • Out of Character chat can be had here. In which the players may plot, plan, and complain about the DM.
  • Act I took place here.
Last edited by RobJN on Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act II: Castle on the Misty Mere

Post by RobJN »

You are awakened before even the faintest glimmer pre-dawn gray has touched the mountains by the pounding of a fist on the door to your rooms.

The innkeeper stands in the hallway, his face slightly flushed, his eyes wild. Behind him, a woman you know to be his sister, who oversees the inn's four other chamber maids, dabs at red, swollen eyes.

"It's Anya," Cal gasps, and his sister gives another sob. "She's gone!"
Last edited by RobJN on Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

Accustomed to waking at the slightlest noise. Shannon was up with a start and rushed to get his pants and boots back on. He a opened his door to ask....

"Where was she last seen?"

torkill13
Bugbear

Post by torkill13 »

Horvik sat upright in bed, his scarred bare chest heaving in deep breaths. He wasn't sure which startled him more, the unexpected knock at the door or the announcement that Anya was now missing as well. He pulled on some pants and opened the door. "What do you mean Anya is missing?! That baker's boy hasn't been around here has he?"

When the conversation ended, he turned and hastily finished dressing and donning his armor. He grabbed his pack and axe on the way out the door "This madness needs to end... today!" he growled as he headed to gather the rest of the party.

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

As Shannon waited for a reply, he got the rest of his gear together and ready, while putting his hooded cloak back on. He heard Horvick and nodded to him in greeting on his way out.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Pop-Tik wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:15 pm
Shannon ... opened his door to ask....

"Where was she last seen?"
"She went to bed soon after we closed up the common room for the night," Cal says. "She was due to get an early start, said she wanted to help Cook with the morning bread and sweet-pies. But when Cook said she hadn't shown by the time he'd gathered up his ingredients, well, I knocked on that sleepy-bug's door. But there was no answer."
torkill13 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:50 pm
"What do you mean Anya is missing?! That baker's boy hasn't been around here has he?"
"Missing. Gone. We've turned this place upside-down and can't find a sign of her anyplace."
Rob

mah9
Gnoll

Post by mah9 »

"All the doors and windows were closed and bolted?"

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

"The ground floor doors and windows, of course," Cal says. "But the upper floor? We're not on Fogor Isle," he sniffs.
Rob

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

Shannon was now fully equipped.

Could you take us to her room.

Eutrapelico
Gnoll

Post by Eutrapelico »

Pio Sussurro | Hin | Rogue | Level 2 | AC 13 | HP 18

"Eh..what? Is breakfast served yet?"

Eutrapelico
Gnoll

Post by Eutrapelico »

One harry foot stepped out of the bedroom, one hand still holding the door jamb, and the barechested hin was in the corridor, in silk underwear adorned with five wheat plants; stem and spike, one for each of the Shires.

- "I could not help but be awakened by your talk." - the hin blinks and rubs his eyes with his left hand. - "Who is missing?"

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

Shannon momentarily faced the newcomer,

The serving girl, Anya. Have you seen her?

By now, he was shouldering his bag back, his posture clearly indicated he needed to get going.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

"First Fiala, and now Anya..." Cal moans, and then squares his shoulders. "Her room. Yes. Right this way, though not sure what you'll find there. Certainly not her."

He leads you down the corridor, and around a corner, to a door opposite the top of the stairwell: the proprietor's living quarters, situated above the taproom and kitchens. Anya's room is tucked away in the back corner of the long hallway.

It is small, and sparsely furnished: an obviously-slept-in bed in one corner, a small dressing table under the window, a wardrobe against the wall opposite the bed, one of its doors slightly ajar.

Besides a small hand-mirror and comb on the dressing table, a candle lay tipped over in a cooling puddle of its own wax.

Go ahead and give me either a Wisdom (Perception) or Intelligence (Investigation) check.
Rob

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

Eutrapelico
Gnoll

Post by Eutrapelico »

"I have to think about it." - the hin approaches carefully, with one finger on his lips, looking to the ceiling as if searching for something he may have lost up there. - "The name is Pio, by the way. Pio Sussurro." - eyeing the tall people around him. - "Two missing people? Both of which you know?"

Upon reaching at the bedroom he enters oblivious to anyone else's intentions.

Investigation: 14 (http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do ... &what=sand)

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Pio would remember a rather bumbling serving girl from the night before: not quite maiden's age, a bit on the shorter side (meaning she only stood head and shoulders taller than he), the hair trailing from beneath her white kerchief the color of ripe wheat, eyes of sapphire blue. It was painfully obvious by the way she fumbled orders and mixed up drinks that this was perhaps her first week on the job. She was much more at her ease when it came to cleaning tables than waiting on them....
Rob

Eutrapelico
Gnoll

Post by Eutrapelico »

His eyes widen at the realization and his mouth opens and widens evenly, forming an "O". - "Oh, that precious little human girl. But what is the relation with the previous disappearance? Let me look around this bedroom and search for some clue."

mah9
Gnoll

Post by mah9 »

Wisdom check: [1d20] = 14

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

I rolled a 18.

torkill13
Bugbear

Post by torkill13 »

Horvik followed the group and quietly addressed the small hin, trying not to awaken the entire Inn. "Pio? Call me Horvik. There are more than just these two girls missing, and not even all from this town. They all bear a similar look... fair-haired maidens. These two just happen to be cousins or something. There's more details, but time is wasting."

He looked at the group as they entered the girl's room. "Take a quick look around, but we need to stop wasting time and get to these ruins the Baron told us about. It's the best lead we have... hell, it's the only lead we have." The big man turned to Cal. "The sooner we head out the fresher the trail. Any chance you got some food we can eat on the move? No sense wasting our time here."

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

There isn't that much to see in the room. The candle wax is cold and solidified. There are no signs of struggle. A dainty pair of slippers still sit by the bedside, but boots are conspicuously missing. Her clothes appear to be in order, but an empty peg in the wardrobe likely indicates a missing cloak.

By the window, Shannon notices some threads hung up on a slightly-protruding nail -- white cotton, most likely from a nightgown hem. The unlatched window opens out to the kitchen roof, and a drain pipe and rain barrel make for easy climbing up or down...

Cal bustles away to the kitchens, and gathers together a day's worth of rations: hard cheese, bread, sausages, some apples and onions.
Rob

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

Shannon spend a few moments looking at the slightly protruding nail & walks over to the unlatched window. Opening it up and looking out and downwards across the kitchen roof and at the drain pipe. Before climbing out himself,( As care fully as he can with his back pack and all other gear.) scuttling across the roof and down the along it and rain barrel.

Directly below, what is the ground like?

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

It's a half-cobbled accessway for deliveries. It rained a few days ago, so the ground is still muddy in places.

Give me a Wisdom (Survival) check.
Rob

Eutrapelico
Gnoll

Post by Eutrapelico »

Rosey cheeks round up with the smile as Pio looks up to the towering man, his right arm extended offering his tiny hand for the shake.
- "Thank you for clarifying. Now that makes the search here all the more interesting...and suspicious." - glancing around still holding his hand until turning back to face Horvik again. - "I have never heard of any girl fleeing without taking her most beloved possessions along with her. We may do well inquiring the families and other people associated with each of them; about their behavior and what they may or may not have taken with them."

torkill13
Bugbear

Post by torkill13 »

The large Northman clasped the small hin's forearm rather than taking his hand. "Appreciate your insight. We learned much the other day during our initial investigation. Far too much to cover now. If you wish to join us, grab your gear and meet outside. I can fill you in on our travels. Be warned, we are heading to ruins... goblins, kobolds, and whatever other dangers Odin sees fit to challenge us with."

With that Horvik heads downstairs and collects the dry rations Cal. Tucking them in to his pack, he clasped the innkeeper's should with a firm grip. "I see the worry in your eye, but her trail should be fresh. So this may be a blessing to help us track Anya down. If we find her, we will likely find Fiala and the others as well." He headed out the door to see what Wells had found after climbing out the window.

Return to “The Crystal Globe”