Monster Index

A wacky, wily game of postapocalyptic peril.
dulsi
Storm Giant

Monster Index

Post by dulsi » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:41 pm

So I stumbled across this monster conversion thread. It made me think someone should make an Echohawk like list of monsters for Gamma World. So I've given it a start with Gamma World Monsters. It only includes Machines and Monsters and Dragon #98 so far. I intend to add Metamorphosis Alpha and Mutant Future but I'm going to concentrate on Gamma World material first. I'm not sure about how much information I should give for each creature. Gamma World has had a lot of different rule systems so I'm not sure what would be useful for Gamma World fans.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
ImageImage

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Monster Index

Post by Big Mac » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:13 pm

Thanks for doing this. I don't play GW, so I'm not sure what would need to be in there, but maybe if you can give an example of the various stat blocs, people can comment on what a GM most needs to know about each set of stats.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Post by Cthulhudrew » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:35 am

I'd say what you've got going is probably the most useful sort of list; a collection of creatures with their name(s), source (rules system and reference), and type.

A brief description of the creature might also be useful, and I'd break the "Entry" field down a bit more specifically into types (ie, Mutated Human, Mutated Animal, Android, Robot, etc.) which might come in very handy when sorting and looking for specific creatures.
Moderator of the Mystara and Greyhawk forums. My moderator voice is gray-green.

dulsi
Storm Giant

Post by dulsi » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:28 am

Well I decided to not to dwell on columns at the moment. Instead I've been entering information as best I can. I got the core rule books, some modules and all the dragon magazines.
ImageImage

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:47 am

dulsi wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:28 am
Well I decided to not to dwell on columns at the moment. Instead I've been entering information as best I can. I got the core rule books, some modules and all the dragon magazines.
I just bumped into this topic again, and pinged a link to Echohawk.

How is this project coming on?

Are there many Gamma World sources you have missing?
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

dulsi
Storm Giant

Post by dulsi » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:05 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:47 am

All Gamma World material is done I believe. Metamorphosis Alpha is missing because I don't have all the editions and supplements. Actually I haven't indexed the newer material from Goodman Games that I do have for MA.
ImageImage

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:43 pm

dulsi wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:05 pm
Big Mac wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:47 am

All Gamma World material is done I believe. Metamorphosis Alpha is missing because I don't have all the editions and supplements.
Do you need a hand searching for some of the books?
dulsi wrote:
Actually I haven't indexed the newer material from Goodman Games that I do have for MA.
Are you planning to do that at some point? Or is it outside the scope of what you want to achive?

dulsi
Storm Giant

Post by dulsi » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:44 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:43 pm
dulsi wrote:
Actually I haven't indexed the newer material from Goodman Games that I do have for MA.
Are you planning to do that at some point? Or is it outside the scope of what you want to achive?
Just need more time to support all the hobbies I have. (I did a new lego girallon and phantom fungus that I need to upload. Working on adding the battle system to my Color Monster game for the TinyArcade. Plan on starting a Starfinder game and need to arrange time to run Tomb of Annihilation for the kids.) I would like to include all MA products in my index. It already has the Metamorphosis Alpha to Omega in the index.
ImageImage

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:03 pm

dulsi wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:44 pm
Big Mac wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:43 pm
dulsi wrote:
Just need more time to support all the hobbies I have. (I did a new lego girallon and phantom fungus that I need to upload. Working on adding the battle system to my Color Monster game for the TinyArcade. Plan on starting a Starfinder game and need to arrange time to run Tomb of Annihilation for the kids.) I would like to include all MA products in my index. It already has the Metamorphosis Alpha to Omega in the index.
Have you considered cloning yourself?

Return to “Gamma World”