[Kulan] D&D 3.5 PbP: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [IC]

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.

Moderator: Chimpman

Re: [D&D 3.5 PbP] Kulan: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [

Postby dfryer36 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:37 pm

"Okay, I can't believe I'm going to say this but I don't know much about the Garden District or the Growers Gate," Terger says. "What can you tell me about it," he says to Rhodes.
David Fryer
I am a cute and cuddly winged harbinger of DEATH!

Do you have what it takes to be a hero?
User avatar
dfryer36
White Dragon
 
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Cedar City, Utah

In The Ruins of Sem La Vah (cont.)

Postby Knightfall » Wed May 17, 2017 6:42 pm

Angel Tarragon wrote:"May Arn be with you," Thistle yells to Oakfirst. She runs to cover the rear of the commoners as they make their way across the bridge.

Thistle manages to reach the diggers just as the winged creatures swoop down from above to attack. She can clearly see reptilian features although there is also something unnatural bred into them as well. They are humanoid and their scales are mottled the worst shades of green and red.

She barely has time to surmise their origins before one off them rushes through the air at her. It comes down nearly on top of her, as it charges through the air. It is reckless in its attack, as it strikes with a club. The strike bounces off her armor. If it had been any harder and it would have dented it and likely hurt her.

At the same time, the other flying reptilian wings down at the headman of the diggers and slams its club into the man's shoulder. Thistle expects to see the man go down, but he manages to shrug off the worst o the hit. He pulls a pick from out somewhere that was hidden and strikes back at the reptilian. It is a feeble strike that doesn't even come close.

"Damn it!" He shouts. "So close, so close!"

Thistle turns her attention back to her foe and notes a stink she recognizes immediately — brimstone. They are facing creatures with fiendish ancestry. She glances back towards Oakfirst. He is still visible but just barely. The other dark reptilians wing towards him with evil intent.

The other diggers yell in fear and continue to run away across the bridge. Thistle sees no sign from the other side of the bridge that the gate guards have heard or seen anything.

OOC: Winged reptilian (flying charge) vs. Thistle > 1d20+9=21 (miss); Winged reptilian (flying charge) vs. Diggers Headman > 1d20+9=19 (hit), Damage > 1d6+3=4; Diggers Headman Attack > 1d20+5=8 (miss)

The other dark reptilians are still in flight and 60 feet away from Oakfirst. He has taken a readied action for when they come within melee range, as he will fight two-handed.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4275
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: [D&D 3.5 PbP] Kulan: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [

Postby Angel Tarragon » Thu May 18, 2017 4:22 am

Thistle channels her faith of Arn into herself to bolster her power over these foes. In a valiant effort she swings her sword at the flying lizard to smite it and hoping to cut it deep.

Attk: 14+14 = 28
Dmg: 4+2+13 = 19
User avatar
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon
 
Posts: 7933
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Location: Castrovel

Old City/Sublime Ward/Old Oakfirst Manor

Postby Knightfall » Fri May 19, 2017 11:37 pm

Tellerian Hawke wrote:Tim says, "I'm a quick healer, but I could probably use one more small dose, just to relieve the stiffness."

MacConnell wrote:"Rest easy my new friend. My skill is not yet exhausted."

Tellerian Hawke wrote:Tim responds to Thersean with a smile, "You are most kind. Thank you."

"It's good that you can," Custodio says. "I'd hate to lose all my best spells for today because of one trap."

"Aye," Elkgrar agrees.

Once back at the house, Tim gets into his full combat gear. Now that the fugitive in question has harmed innocence in Tim's sight, there will be no relenting, no mercy. Only swift Justice.

The halfling man, Carter, help Tim don his armor. He and another servant then brings out a massive wooden shield from another closet. It stands taller than Carter and Livia combined.

"Commander Oakfirst thought you might want to use this tower shield," Carter says. "While it's not reinforced with metal is is made out of special type of wood known as darkwood. He told me that an old friend of his named Rizvan once used it the Solakian Wars in the East twenty years ago."

Elkgrar doesn't concern himself with changing his clothes, but he does try to clean off any obvious burnt cloth. Once he's donned his scale mail, most of the burn marks are covered. He tops it off with a fine visored helm, which Carter offers to him.

"It isn't magical," Carter says. "But it should give you some extra protection. The commander isn't sure where it came from, but he thought it would suit you."

"Thank you, Carter," Elkgrar replies. "it is indeed a fine choice." Tim notes that the helm has two mechanical wings along each side of it.

Custodio quickly gets out of the fancy clothing given to him by Rosenberg and dresses in his normal attire. He pulls out a silver tabard that he hadn't been wearing before and puts it on as well. It has a symbol of an old oak tree with a gnarled trunk and a falcon winging over it.

He looks at Terger and says, "My family crest. While I can't wear my Bluffside tabard right now, I can wear this family symbol. We have some respect in the city amongst the middle class, so it might open a few doors amongst my peers."

"And here," Carter offers the cleric an old warhammer. "Commander Oakfirst wanted you to have this hammer. It once belonged to a woman of your order named Femke Antuma. You might have heard of her, maybe?"

"Indeed I have," Custodio says with surprise. "Is this-"

"No, no, this isn't her famed Laningad. That was lost in Sem La Vah ages ago. this is an older mundane weapon she used from her earliest days. It is of masterwork quality, however, so it is weighted perfectly."

The Vanquisher cleric tests the weapon and nods in agreement. "It is a fine weapon. I will honor her memory if I can."

Carter looks at Rhodes who is smiling from ear to ear. "Nothing for me?"

"No."

"I wouldn't expect anything less from Reg," he says with a laugh.

Carter goes back into the closet he got the shield from and brings out a fine looking dagger in a simple sheath. He brings it to Relgar and hands it to the wizard. "Commander Oakfirst wasn't sure if you'd want this or not, but since you are going into danger, you should probably take it. It is called Abas-Saba and it has a minor enchantment. The blade is made from bronze, so it is quite old. also, its hilt can store a potion in it for emergencies."

Another servant brings Carter a wooden box and hands it to him. The halfling takes it. "Ah, good. I wasn't sure if this was going to arrive before you'd all gotten back." He looks at Thersean. "This one is for you." He places the box on a side table and opens its lock. "It is an adamantine kama that was gifted to the commander by a Pasha from Zakhara. He's never used it himself, as it was beyond his skill to do so, but he decided you might be able to use it. It's not enchanted, but its blade should cut through nearly anything. It is called Hazael's Tooth."

Carter looks at Terger and nods to the man. "I do have something for you too. Commander Oakfirst sensed you might need a backup weapon in case things get harry." An older servant appears at the top of the stairs leading down towards the center hall's doorway. The man is holding a fine-looking shortbow and a full quiver of arrows. "Here it is," Carter says with a grin. "The bow is called Cabalfoe. It was enchanted to deal with renegade sorcerers. Commander Oakfirst personally had it commissioned for you to use against Phelix."

"Uhm, don't say his name," Custodio suggests. "Magical traps tend to go off when his name is spoken."

Once everyone is suited up and kitted with their new gear, Carter bows to them. "If you face more trouble than you can handle, I'm sure we can find more items to loan you in your mission. However, these items are now yours to keep."

"Potions," Custodio says to Carter. "Cure potions for everyone would be good."

Carter nods and replies, "I'll see what I can find. It might take a bit of time. Master Ayden's old alchemy lab hasn't been used in quite some time and don't think there are any extra vials in the manor. Commander Oakfirst had the leftovers reallocated to the Regulars after the Master Ayden perished." He leaves the group to decide on their next course of action.

OOC: Rizvan's Shield is a Masterwork Darkwood Tower Shield sized for a Medium-sized character. | Abas-Saba is a +1 Bronze Dagger of Potion Storing. | Hazael's Tooth is a Masterwork Adamantine Kama. | Cabalfoe is +1 Sorcererbane Longbow. (The 20 arrows are standard arrows for a shortbow in a normal quiver.)

dfryer36 wrote:"Okay, I can't believe I'm going to say this but I don't know much about the Garden District or the Growers Gate," Terger says. "What can you tell me about it," he says to Rhodes.

"The Gardens could be considered its own district, but it is so closely tied to Old City that it is considered part of the district," Rhodes replies. "It's more like a ward, but it isn't administered like one. It sits just outside the northern walls of Old city and is surrounded all sides by four stout walls with five main towers and four smaller towers that sit closest to the walls of Old City.

"It is divided in half with the Western Gardens being the most used and cultivated. The main Garden Gate and the Gate of Lilies both lead into the Western Gardens. The Growers' Gate led into the Eastern Gardens, which are left more wild and natural. It's more like a small copse of woods that are patrolled regularly to make sure dangerous creatures don't make it its lair."

"Not so much, as it used to be," Elkgrar adds. "The city's local druids asked for it to be left more wild than it had been previously, although they do tend to the woods and make sure no evil arises there."

"It doesn't sound like they are doing a good enough job," Rhodes says disapprovingly.

"The Garden's walls are still patrolled regularly by the Elite," Custodio mentions. "I haven't heard of any disturbances."

"Yes, well the Growers Gate wasn't a major gate into the Gardens," Rhodes says to Terger. "There was only a single tower on each side and the way through and the walled passage was quite narrow. A cart coudl barely go through it. It was used by the Gardens' workers."

"They go through the Gate of Lillies now," Custodio says.

"That gate is accessed through the Lantern Ward, back where we just were, as is the old Growers' Gate. The Garden Gate is accessed here through the Sublime Ward. It stands next to the Ravensilath Embassy, assuming it hasn't moved."

"It has not," Elkgrar replies.

"The gate is wide and long and sees a lot of traffic during the day," Custodio adds. "Less so during the evening, but isn't closed. The nobles of Old City love to spend time in the Western Gardens. It's supposed to be open to everyone in Bluffside, but the citizens in the other districts rarely make the trip to Old City to partake in a stroll through its paths."

"The Gardens were always a place for secret tryts and clandestine deals," Rhodes says. "The Gardens were never filled with thieves in my day, but there was always a quiet whisper to them when it came to Old City's worst kept secrets."

"Aye, and the Eastern Gardens are even more so than before," Elkgrar adds. "And if that is where this renegade has secreted himself, near the old Growers Gate, the druids that tend that part of the Gardens might know something."

"But will they talk to us?" Custodio asks.

"Oh, they might tend to keep to themselves, but they aren't isolationists. They have to deal with young lovers and mischieveous youngsters, that wander away from their parents, all the time. During the day, even the Eastern Gardens are safe."

"Most of the time," Custodio notes.

"Agreed," Rhodes says. "But if we're in there during the night, I suggest caution." He looks at Terger. "We can take a run throguh the Gardens and check out most of it, but we should also make sure we check out Wyndlasmere House and the old tower that was once part of the Old City side of the Growers' Gate."

Rhodes finishes getting ready. He makes sure all the gear he's been given is of good enough quality to be useful in a fight. Then he goes back into the main closet and comes out wearing an old style Bluffside Regulars uniform. It is silver with a stylized red and blue cross.

"Let's go," he says.

"Do you really think you should wear that?" Custodio says.

"I was officially reinstated into the guard, d'Elite," Rhodes replies to Custodio. "Why not look the part?"

"That old symbol isn't used any more," Custodio adds.

"Well then it's time to bring it back," Rhodes insists. "And don't forget, if we were both active members of the guard right now, I'd outrank you."

Custodio looks like he's going to object again but Elkgrar steps in, "Let it go, Custodio. This is no time for postering. We're all in this together now."

"Very well," Custodio says. "I'm ready."

"Aye, as am I," Elkgrar states. He looks to Rhodes, "Please lead the way, Mister Rhodes."

Rhodes nods and leads the way out of the manor. Elkgrar goes with him while Custodio waits for Relgar. That leaves Tim, Terger, and Thersean left to walk together out of the manor. Soon they are back out into the daylight of the day and heading north towards the Garden Gate. Once it comes into view, Rhodes waits for some word as to their destination.

"So, through the gate into the Gardens or back into the Lantern Ward to check out Wyndlasmere House and the old tower?"

OOC: Terger knows that the Ravensilath Embassy is for a kingdom of elves in the forested mountains that sit in the western half of the Coldwind Forest to the east of Bluffside beyond the Aarzen Valley.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4275
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: [D&D 3.5 PbP] Kulan: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [

Postby willpell » Fri May 19, 2017 11:55 pm

Relgar takes the dagger and gives it a disinterested but thorough visual inspection, unscrewing the pommel cap to examine the hollow handle.
"Well, here's hoping I have no use for this, and return it to you without so much as a scratch." He's somewhat less than enthused by the gift (or loan, he's not clear on which, nor does it matter much to him); given that Oakfirst seems to be one of the "spellblind", he's hardly surprised not to have been given any scrolls or half-empty wands or the like, but still, he can't muster a great deal of interest in an implement of mundane slaughter. Magical slaughter is far enough outside of his wheelhouse; he's still saddened to have had to traumatize that snake earlier. For all that evokers are stereotyped as little more than walking cannons which unleash devastating explosions upon anything that annoys them, Relgar's desire to redirect the natural flows of cosmic energies has never been motivated by antipathy; he'd much rather than people did not stoop to violence to solve their disagreements, and would vastly prefer to spend his time creating Walls of Force and performing constructive projects with the use of Bigby's Hand spells (both of which are far above his current abilities, and he studies such spells as Magic Missile simply because they are prerequisites in every documented learning process for getting there.)
User avatar
willpell
White Dragon
 
Posts: 2576
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:10 pm

Re: Old City/Sublime Ward/Old Oakfirst Manor

Postby MacConnell » Sat May 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Knightfall wrote:"Potions," Custodio says to Carter. "Cure potions for everyone would be good."

Thersean retrieves his staff, hearing Custodio's comment he replies,

"In addition to my meager skill as a cleric, I have 1 potion of cure moderate and 1 of cure light. It isn't much, but I will contribute should the need arise."
There are those who believe the lies they tell themselves. I am not one of those people.
User avatar
MacConnell
Orc
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:14 pm
Location: Boga City, The Untamed Wilds

Re: Old City/Sublime Ward/Old Oakfirst Manor

Postby dfryer36 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:58 pm

Knightfall wrote:
Rhodes nods and leads the way out of the manor. Elkgrar goes with him while Custodio waits for Relgar. That leaves Tim, Terger, and Thersean left to walk together out of the manor. Soon they are back out into the daylight of the day and heading north towards the Garden Gate. Once it comes into view, Rhodes waits for some word as to their destination.

"So, through the gate into the Gardens or back into the Lantern Ward to check out Wyndlasmere House and the old tower?"
"Let's check out the old tower and Wyndlasmere House first," Terger says. "The Gardens are more open and so less likely to be the base for an evil conspiracy. Lot's more places to hide in abandoned buildings."
David Fryer
I am a cute and cuddly winged harbinger of DEATH!

Do you have what it takes to be a hero?
User avatar
dfryer36
White Dragon
 
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Cedar City, Utah

Re: [D&D 3.5 PbP] Kulan: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [

Postby Tellerian Hawke » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:03 pm

Terger wrote:"Let's check out the old tower and Wyndlasmere House first," Terger says. "The Gardens are more open and so less likely to be the base for an evil conspiracy. Lot's more places to hide in abandoned buildings."


Tim, who hasn't had much practice with door shields since he left his homeworld, decides to leave the big thing at the manor house for the moment, preferring his large shield for its ease of heft.

~Perhaps I simply need a bit of practice with it.~

Tim says, "I agree with Terger, abandoned buildings often have a rat's nest or two in them."
User avatar
Tellerian Hawke
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Willip, Furyondy

In the Ruins of Sem La Vah (cont.)

Postby Knightfall » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:00 am

Angel Tarragon wrote:Thistle channels her faith of Arn into herself to bolster her power over these foes. In a valiant effort she swings her sword at the flying lizard to smite it and hoping to cut it deep.

Thistle's blade cuts deep into the dark reptilian, hurting it badly. The flying beast-man howls in anger. it drops its club and goes feral with its attacks. It slashes out with two claws at the elf paladin, trying to claw her eyes out.

At the same time, the other dark dark reptilian swings its club at the headman again and connects with a telling blow. The man grimaces and then begins babbling.

"No! No! No! I will not die here! Not like this!" He turns and flees as fast as he can. "Take the others! But leave me alone!"

He soon is right behind the other diggers, but he doesn't try to help him. The dark reptilian does not follow, instead turning its evil eyes toward Thistle.

"You will die alone, paladin," The dark reptilian hisses. It switches its club to its other hand and pulls out a strange-looking disc as it walks slowly towards Thistle. It begins spinning the disc on one finger and waits for an opening.

The other diggers cry out for help, as the wounded woman stumbles along the brisge. Their headman rushes by them without a concern for their safety. "I'm not dying for any of you fools!"

"Come back," the wounded woman yells.

Meanwhile...
Behind Thistle, Commander Oakfirst waits for the dark reptilians to charge him but all three stop in midair 10 feet above him and pull out discs that they rotate on one finger.

"Not good," Oakfirst says. "Cowards! Come down here and face me!" 'What a time to be without my bow', he thinks, as he waits for the coming onslaught.

OOC: Dark Reptilian claw/claw attacks vs. Thistle > 1d20+8=16 (miss), 1d20+8=15 (miss) | Dark Reptilian vs. the headman > 1d20+7=18 (hit), Damage > 1d6+3=8 | The other dark reptilians moved 50 feet through the air and cannot attack this round.

The cowardly headman of the diggers withdraws from combat. He runs flat out at twice his double movement rate (60 feet). The diggers are moving a lot slower, as they are to weak to continue moving quickly.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4275
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

In the Ruins of Sem La Vah (cont.)

Postby Knightfall » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:14 am

Help arrives
Thistle watches the cowardly man flee with disdain. Then she sees them, Denitiian and Tinna come into view on the other side of the bridge, along with another member of the Elite. They had noticed the noise. The three guards move along the edge of the ridge cautiously, scanning the sky. They had seen the dark reptilians. Now, Tinna points to the fleeing headman who waves his hands wildly at them and points to the bridge.

Denitiian acts quickly, he is soon running full out towards the battle.

OOC: Denitiian double moves for his action for round 3, which begins now. Thistle is up next.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4275
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: [D&D 3.5 PbP] Kulan: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [

Postby Angel Tarragon » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:07 pm

Thistle runs to close the distance between her and the other diggers.
User avatar
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon
 
Posts: 7933
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Location: Castrovel

Re: Old City/Sublime Ward/Old Oakfirst Manor

Postby MacConnell » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:33 pm

dfryer36 wrote:"Let's check out the old tower and Wyndlasmere House first," Terger says. "The Gardens are more open and so less likely to be the base for an evil conspiracy. Lot's more places to hide in abandoned buildings."

Thersean, with a cursory nod, collects his staff and follows, not speaking further.
There are those who believe the lies they tell themselves. I am not one of those people.
User avatar
MacConnell
Orc
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:14 pm
Location: Boga City, The Untamed Wilds

Wyndlasmere House

Postby Knightfall » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:28 am

willpell wrote:Relgar takes the dagger and gives it a disinterested but thorough visual inspection, unscrewing the pommel cap to examine the hollow handle.
"Well, here's hoping I have no use for this, and return it to you without so much as a scratch." He's somewhat less than enthused by the gift (or loan, he's not clear on which, nor does it matter much to him); given that Oakfirst seems to be one of the "spellblind", he's hardly surprised not to have been given any scrolls or half-empty wands or the like, but still, he can't muster a great deal of interest in an implement of mundane slaughter. Magical slaughter is far enough outside of his wheelhouse; he's still saddened to have had to traumatize that snake earlier. For all that evokers are stereotyped as little more than walking cannons which unleash devastating explosions upon anything that annoys them, Relgar's desire to redirect the natural flows of cosmic energies has never been motivated by antipathy; he'd much rather than people did not stoop to violence to solve their disagreements, and would vastly prefer to spend his time creating Walls of Force and performing constructive projects with the use of Bigby's Hand spells (both of which are far above his current abilities, and he studies such spells as Magic Missile simply because they are prerequisites in every documented learning process for getting there.)

"If you don't think you'll use it, I can can check to see if there might be something more akin to your... fighting style," Carter replies. "At the very least, you can use it an an emergency potion container for now. It is yours to keep, young master, so if you do not wish to keep it, I can try to find a buyer for you? It will take some time, however."

MacConnell wrote:
Knightfall wrote:"Potions," Custodio says to Carter. "Cure potions for everyone would be good."

Thersean retrieves his staff, hearing Custodio's comment he replies,

"[color=#004000]In addition to my meager skill as a cleric, I have 1 potion of cure moderate and 1 of cure light. It isn't much, but I will contribute should the need arise."

"The more we have available, the better," Custodio says. "I do have two cure potions myself, but using them is a last resort for me."

"Hmm, it doesn't seem like I was allocated any potions," Rhodes notes while looking through the meager gear set aside for him.

"If you need one, I'm sure Thersean will gladly let you have one of his," Custodio replies cheekily.

"I too could use some curing potions," Elkgrar says plainly to Carter. "I could sacrifice more spells today, but only a few."

The halfling nods to the dwarf.

Tellerian Hawke wrote:Tim, who hasn't had much practice with door shields since he left his homeworld, decides to leave the big thing at the manor house for the moment, preferring his large shield for its ease of heft.

~Perhaps I simply need a bit of practice with it.~

Carter notes the big half-ogre's reluctance to use the shield. "I will have it placed in your room, so that you will have the chance to become more used to its weight and design."

dfryer36 wrote:
Knightfall wrote:Rhodes nods and leads the way out of the manor. Elkgrar goes with him while Custodio waits for Relgar. That leaves Tim, Terger, and Thersean left to walk together out of the manor. Soon they are back out into the daylight of the day and heading north towards the Garden Gate. Once it comes into view, Rhodes waits for some word as to their destination.

"So, through the gate into the Gardens or back into the Lantern Ward to check out Wyndlasmere House and the old tower?"

"Let's check out the old tower and Wyndlasmere House first," Terger says. "The Gardens are more open and so less likely to be the base for an evil conspiracy. Lot's more places to hide in abandoned buildings."

Tellerian Hawke wrote:Tim says, "I agree with Terger, abandoned buildings often have a rat's nest or two in them."

MacConnell wrote:Thersean, with a cursory nod, collects his staff and follows, not speaking further.

Rhodes nods in assent without a word and leads the way into the Lantern Ward and towards Wyndlasmere House. He points out a smaller, yet still ornate, gateway into the Gardens as the group passes through Whitelamp Square. "That is the Gate of Lilies."

"Aye, it isn't used by the Gardens most frequent visitors," Elkgrar adds. "Although those that live or work in this ward tend to use it more than most."

Rhodes takes the group past the Golden Lantern and fine looking tavern, with a sign that says Delicate Delight Eatery. On the other side of the building is a medium-sized private park with trees and benches. The group has to go around it to reach what was once the Growers' Gate. It appears that his egress into the Gardens was considerably less impressive that the other two gates.

"There, that is Wyndlasmere House," Custodio points to what appears to be two large buildings built directly against the north wall of the district. The two structures are connected to each other by several walkways running along two low towers that jut out from the top of the two buildings' entryways. In between the two buildings is thin band of green, which was likely once a private garden. Now, it is a tangled mess weeds and vines that creep up the whole structure. The rest of the old manor house looks sturdy but worn around its edges.

"Sure doesn't look like much," Rhodes notes.

Each building is fronted by two reinforced double doors and guards stand watch at the entrances. Four guards stand in front of the eastern building while two guards stand in front of the western building.

"Well, let's go introduce ourselves," Rhodes suggests. He doesn't wait for an answer, as he brazenly walks towards the four guards. Already at attention, they move to challenge Rhodes as he approaches.

"Halt!" A female guard orders. "Entry into Wyndlasmere House is restricted to--" Then she sees his uniform. "Sir! I am sorry sir," she says while saluting "I did not recognize the colors you wear."

"That is quite alright," Rhodes replies smoothly.

"We were not expecting you, sir!" She says. "and who are these others? New recruits for training?"

"Not exactly," Rhodes replies. "We have been sent by Commander Oakfirst to inspect the old Growers' Gate towers. There is evidence that danger may be lurking in them. I cannot tell you more. Who is your commander?"

"Commander Oakfirst should have given you that information," she says with some concern. Her hand shifts towards her sheathed sword. "What is your rank and position, sir?"

"The commander is busy dealing with murdered citizens and doesn't have the time to cater to the every petty guard with delusions of grandeur! Now, I asked you a question, soldier! Do not make me repeat myself!"

"Uhm," the guard takes her hand away from her sword, but she is slow to reply.

"Our c-commander is Alel Monderand, sir!" One of the other guards salutes Rhodes.

"Ah, old Alel," Custodio says. "I know him. He's a good, humble fellow with a kind heart. And a stout member of the Elites. I didn't know he'd been stationed here."

"You know the man personally, do you?" Rhodes asks Custodio.

"Yes, well, as much as anyone can know a displaced kindred dwarf," Custodio replies. He looks at the female guard who initially spoke, "Tell Towermaster Monderand that Custodio Vecchi of the Elite and Lord Demetrios Rhodes, newly reinstated into the Elite Guard by Commander Oakfirst have urgent business that must be dealt with immediately."

"I do not know your names," she replies, still wary. She looks over both Custodio and Rhodes. "Where is your uniform, sir?" She asks Custodio.

"Do you always question your superiors in such manner?" Rhodes barks. "Gods, in my day, you'd already be on report. Now, go get the Towermaster before I lose my temper!"

Two of the other guards salute and rush inside to get the dwarven Towermaster before the female guard can stop them. "Wait!" She yells. "We have no proof that they are who they say they are!"

"Your name soldier?" Rhodes barks. "Now!"

"I am Mareike Alserda," she replies bitterly. "And I don't believe a word you are saying." She deftly draws her blade and points it at Rhodes' throat.

"That was a mistake," Rhodes growls. He draws his own blade and prepares to defend himself.

OOC: (Sorry this took so long to get up. It's been a tough week.) What do you characters do?
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4275
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Wyndlasmere House

Postby MacConnell » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Knightfall wrote:"I am Mareike Alserda," she replies bitterly. "And I don't believe a word you are saying." She deftly draws her blade and points it at Rhodes' throat.

"That was a mistake," Rhodes growls. He draws his own blade and prepares to defend himself.


Thersean -
"Hold fast, soldiers. My name is Thersean Stormdancer. I am here as an emissary. I bear an emblem designating such. Perhaps there is a way to rectify this situation before shedding the blood of one of you own. In fighting is just the situation an insurgent faction would engender. Perhaps there might be a code word that could be given in a situation like this? Something only known to the guard?"
There are those who believe the lies they tell themselves. I am not one of those people.
User avatar
MacConnell
Orc
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:14 pm
Location: Boga City, The Untamed Wilds

Re: Wyndlasmere House

Postby dfryer36 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:57 am

Knightfall wrote:"I am Mareike Alserda," she replies bitterly. "And I don't believe a word you are saying." She deftly draws her blade and points it at Rhodes' throat.

"That was a mistake," Rhodes growls. He draws his own blade and prepares to defend himself.


Terger draws his rapier but keeps the blade pointed toward the ground. "Officer Alserda," he says, "We're all on the same side here. My name is Terger Alela and I am a special investigator for the Five. Officer Vecchi, Lord Rhodes, and myself are performing an investigation of this site in relation to the late unpleasantness and our companions are here as observers on strict orders from the Five. I am going to reach into my pouch and retrieve my identification documents. Is that okay?"

OOC: Diplomacy check 1d20+7=18
David Fryer
I am a cute and cuddly winged harbinger of DEATH!

Do you have what it takes to be a hero?
User avatar
dfryer36
White Dragon
 
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Cedar City, Utah

Re: [D&D 3.5 PbP] Kulan: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [

Postby Tellerian Hawke » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:29 pm

Tim says the following to his fellow party members: "Put your weapons away. Your willingness to draw them only further increases the guards' suspicions. It accomplishes nothing. I for one will not lift a finger toward blade nor shield. If these fine guardsmen wish to murder me in cold blood, then I will stand here and let them do it. I refuse to draw weapons upon an ally, especially when that ally is also the rightful law."

Tim crosses his arms and stands perfectly still, meeting the gaze of both guards. "If you choose to strike, you'd best be certain you are in the right. Now is the time for discretion, not rash action. Do as you will."

Tim makes no further sound nor movement.

Diplomacy (1d20+1) = 16 Verification link: http://orokos.com/roll/525103
User avatar
Tellerian Hawke
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Willip, Furyondy

In the Ruins of Sem La Vah (cont.)

Postby Knightfall » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:46 am

Thistle watches as the guard commander, Denitiian, rushes onto the bridge. He reaches the diggers who point toward Thistle and the dark reptilians. One of them points towards the headman and shouts something in anger. He yells back orders to the other guards and then continues on towards Thistle.

Angel Tarragon wrote:Thistle runs to close the distance between her and the other diggers.

"Lady Thistle," Denitiian shouts as he approaches. "Where is Commander Oakfirst?" Thistle can tell that the guard cannot see Oakfirst from his position. They wings of the dark reptilians are obscuring his view. As she rushes towards him and the diggers, the dark reptilian next to her takes a swipe at her with one of his clawed hands. He only rakes the air. She quickly closes the gap between her and the other dark reptilian. It prepares to throw it's chakram. She thinks about slicing the creature down but she decides against it and rushes past the winged beastman. She comes face to face with Denitiian who is ready to back her up. The dark reptilian that clawed at her charges after her with all its strength. The other winged beast turns and throws its chakram.

"Look out!" Denitiian yells. The charging dark reptilian rushes at the guard commander while the other aims its weapon at Thistle's back.

The thrown weapon doesn't even come close to hitting Thistle. The bladed circle flies over the edge of the bridge and down into the cavern below. The charging dark reptilian slams into Denitiian, clawing the guard's face. The man grunts in pain, as he tries to fend off the scaled, winged beast.

Thistle watches the chakram fly over the bridge with some bemusement. Then her eye is drawn towards the Headman of the diggers as he runs away. He reaches both Tinna and the other guard and points frantically back towards the bridge. Tinna moves out onto the bridge to help the other diggers while the other guard stays with the headman.

Then the head digger does something unexpected and vicious. He attacks the guard from behind with his light pick, trying to catch the man unaware. It is cowardly act, which the guard manages to avoid. The guard strikes back at the man with a quick slice from his longsword, but the head digger quickly dodges the blow.

The two men begin shouting at each other but thistle cannot hear them over the wind roaring through the cavern below.

OOC: Thrown chakram at Thistle > 1d20+7-4=4 (miss); Charge attack vs. Denitiian > 1d20+7+2=20 (hit), Damage > 1d4+3=5
Diggers Headman: Sneak Attack vs. guard > 1d20+5+2=13 (miss)
Elite Guard: Attacks headman > 1d20+9=17 (miss)

Meanwhile...
Commander Oakfirst prepares himself for the flying discs that the dark reptilians above him throw all at once. The first one he deflects away with his bastard sword. The second disc barely misses his head but slices his back, deeply. The third he manages to deflect with his handaxe.

"Face me you cowards!" he yells. One of the dark reptilians flies away towards where Thistle and the others are gathered on the bridge. The other two pull clubs and wait before diving to attack.

OOC: Dark Reptilians vs. Oakfirst: Thrown chakram > 1d20+7=13 (miss); Thrown chakram > 1d20+7=24 (hit), Damage > 2d6+3=13; Thrown chakram > 1d20+7=21 (miss).
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4275
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Wyndlasmere House (cont.)

Postby Knightfall » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:44 am

MacConnell wrote:Thersean - "Hold fast, soldiers. My name is Thersean Stormdancer. I am here as an emissary. I bear an emblem designating such. Perhaps there is a way to rectify this situation before shedding the blood of one of you own. In fighting is just the situation an insurgent faction would engender. Perhaps there might be a code word that could be given in a situation like this? Something only known to the guard?"

"We have no such code word," Alserda replies. "Not unless they were here to relieve us from our posts, which they say they're not, so even if they spoke it now, I would not yield."

"We should wait for Towermaster Monderand, Mareike," another guard suggests to Alserda. "He will clear this up."

dfryer36 wrote:Terger draws his rapier but keeps the blade pointed toward the ground. "Officer Alserda," he says, "We're all on the same side here. My name is Terger Alela and I am a special investigator for the Five. Officer Vecchi, Lord Rhodes, and myself are performing an investigation of this site in relation to the late unpleasantness and our companions are here as observers on strict orders from the Five. I am going to reach into my pouch and retrieve my identification documents. Is that okay?"

The woman's blade dips slightly as Terger speaks. Rhodes doesn't take his eyes off her. She glances towards Terger.

"Do it slowly. Show them to Bronte," she says motioning slightly to the guard that spoke to her.

The other guard steps forward and takes the documents from Terger. The guard reads them carefully and seems quite calm as he, no, she does so. Or is it he? Terger cannot tell. It irks him.

"Mareike, you better put that blade away unless you want to get ostracized from the city."

"Why, what does it say?"

Tellerian Hawke wrote:Tim says the following to his fellow party members: "Put your weapons away. Your willingness to draw them only further increases the guards' suspicions. It accomplishes nothing. I for one will not lift a finger toward blade nor shield. If these fine guardsmen wish to murder me in cold blood, then I will stand here and let them do it. I refuse to draw weapons upon an ally, especially when that ally is also the rightful law."

"If that's the way you want to play it, Tim," Rhodes replies. "Be my guest. I've lived for too long with blades at my throat or at my back to change who I am. In this city, showing weakness can get you killed. You're not on your world anymore, my friend. Remember that."

"He does have a point," Elkgrar says. "We are here to investigate not to brawl with the guards."

"Bronte, what in the hells does it say!?" Alserda demands again.

"It says exactly what he says it does and whole lot more," Bronte moves to Alserda's side and puts a hand on the woman's arm. "Put it away before the Towermaster comes out. I beg you!"

The female guard lowers her blade and takes the documents from her fellow guard. She glances at them and then, suddenly, drops her weapon on the ground. Her jaw hangs open in disbelief as she reads through ever section. She looks at Terger with what could almost be awe. "Master Alela, I am so sorry," she salutes Terger while Bronte retrieves his, no her fellow guard's weapon from the ground.

Rhodes is shocked by the display and looks at Terger, strangely. Custodio chuckles and sheathes his blade.

Tim crosses his arms and stands perfectly still, meeting the gaze of both guards. "If you choose to strike, you'd best be certain you are in the right. Now is the time for discretion, not rash action. Do as you will."

Tim makes no further sound nor movement.

"Uhm, there is no need for that," Alserda apologizes. "In my vigor to do my duty, I have offended your companions. I only hope Master Alela will forgive my hubris and choose not to have me banned from the city." She steps towards Terger and goes down on one knee. "I am a proud servant of the city and The Five. Please forgive me!"

"What do they say?" Rhodes whispers to Custodio.

"Then, you'll have to read them for yourself," the guardsman replies. "If he lets you."

"What in the 'Burning Halls of Gorakik' is going on out here?" A very tall dwarf burst through the doors of the manor and looks at the situation with dismay. "Guardian Alserda, what are you doing on your knees?" He then sees Custodio. "It's true, Vecchi, my old friend! The dwarf laughs and rushes up to Custodio and gives the man a big bear hug. He lifts the man off his feet and Custodio's face goes red and the air goes out of him.

"Urk, not so hard, Alel."

"I like him already," Rhodes says.

"Ah, you can take it," the dwarf man laughs, but he puts him down. "Now, what is all this about?"

"Just a bit of a misunderstanding," Custodio assures him. "Your guardian here stood proudly at her post and didn't yield when pressed. While she should be commended for her bravery, she might need to work on her etiquette if she wants to keep this prime posting."

Alserda scrambles to her feet and passes Terger's documents to Towermaster Monderand. He looks at them with keen interest while Alserda whispers in his ear and points at Terger. The dwarven towermaster looks at Terger with an amused grin. He carefully folds the papers back up and steps towards Terger.

"Hmm, while you don't look like much, I'm betting there is a fire in you," he says while handing the papers back. "I'm sorry if Mareike bruised your ego. She can be a firebrand when angered. She must learn to temper her temper."

He looks to each member of the group. He notes Rhodes uniform with great interest. "You wear that uniform well. It's not one I've seen in some time. A Captain of the Muster, are you? They were disbanded years ago."

"I've been indisposed," Rhodes says plainly. "I held the rank of Captain Elite when the Mustermen were at their height."

"Hmm, well, be careful where you wear it," Monderand suggests. "Now, good Custodio, introductions are in order, I think."

"I am Demetrios Zinon Aris Rhodes," Rhodes quickly says before Custodio can speak. "Last son of the Rhodes Family, in disgrace. I have been brought back into the Elite by Commander Oakfirst."

Custodio clears his throat and gives Rhodes a dirty look.

"Yes, well, I already know who he is, Well, sort of," the towermaster puts a strong but friendly hand on Terger's shoulder. "But who are these others?" He asks Custodio again.

"This is Lord Elkgrar Ashhand," Custodio motions to Elkgrar.

"Always glad to meet another dwarf," the towermaster booms. He slaps Elkgrar on the back and almost send the smaller dwarf off his feet. Elkgrar does not laugh or speak.

"Thersean Stormdancer from the southern desert; Relgar Aspergim, an arcane man with a head for numbers; Sir Tymbeck Valencia, an offworlder brought here by The World Goddess, and, of course, Terger Alela, unimpeded investigator of The Five."

"It is good to meet you all," the towermaster replies. He notes that Relgar is studying Wyndlasmere House with keen interest, to the point of distraction. "Are you all right, my good man? Do you see something amiss?"
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4275
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: [D&D 3.5 PbP] Kulan: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:50 am

Thistle draws upon her holy powers and channels them through her faith to determine if the head digger is tainted with evil.
User avatar
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon
 
Posts: 7933
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Location: Castrovel

Re: Wyndlasmere House (cont.)

Postby dfryer36 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:49 am

Knightfall wrote:"Bronte, what in the hells does it say!?" Alserda demands again.

"It says exactly what he says it does and whole lot more," Bronte moves to Alserda's side and puts a hand on the woman's arm. "Put it away before the Towermaster comes out. I beg you!"

The female guard lowers her blade and takes the documents from her fellow guard. She glances at them and then, suddenly, drops her weapon on the ground. Her jaw hangs open in disbelief as she reads through ever section. She looks at Terger with what could almost be awe. "Master Alela, I am so sorry," she salutes Terger while Bronte retrieves his, no her fellow guard's weapon from the ground.

Rhodes is shocked by the display and looks at Terger, strangely. Custodio chuckles and sheathes his blade.

"Uhm, there is no need for that," Alserda apologizes. "In my vigor to do my duty, I have offended your companions. I only hope Master Alela will forgive my hubris and choose not to have me banned from the city." She steps towards Terger and goes down on one knee. "I am a proud servant of the city and The Five. Please forgive me!"
"There was no offense guardsmen. You were defending your post. There is no shame in that," Terger tells Alserda. "You showed bravery, integrity, and judgement. In fact when I see Captain Oakfirst again I intend to recommend you both for commendations."

Knightfall wrote:"What do they say?" Rhodes whispers to Custodio.

"Then, you'll have to read them for yourself," the guardsman replies. "If he lets you."
"You are free to peruse my papers if you wish Lord Rhodes, although for now only you and Custodio may look at them." He turns to the others and shrugs. "Sorry, but trust me when I say it's for your protection that you are better off not know what's in those documents. Some secrets are better left undiscovered."
David Fryer
I am a cute and cuddly winged harbinger of DEATH!

Do you have what it takes to be a hero?
User avatar
dfryer36
White Dragon
 
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Cedar City, Utah

Re: Wyndlasmere House (cont.)

Postby dfryer36 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:12 am

Knightfall wrote:"What in the 'Burning Halls of Gorakik' is going on out here?" A very tall dwarf burst through the doors of the manor and looks at the situation with dismay. "Guardian Alserda, what are you doing on your knees?" He then sees Custodio. "It's true, Vecchi, my old friend! The dwarf laughs and rushes up to Custodio and gives the man a big bear hug. He lifts the man off his feet and Custodio's face goes red and the air goes out of him.

"Urk, not so hard, Alel."

"I like him already," Rhodes says.

"Ah, you can take it," the dwarf man laughs, but he puts him down. "Now, what is all this about?"

"Just a bit of a misunderstanding," Custodio assures him. "Your guardian here stood proudly at her post and didn't yield when pressed. While she should be commended for her bravery, she might need to work on her etiquette if she wants to keep this prime posting."

Alserda scrambles to her feet and passes Terger's documents to Towermaster Monderand. He looks at them with keen interest while Alserda whispers in his ear and points at Terger. The dwarven towermaster looks at Terger with an amused grin. He carefully folds the papers back up and steps towards Terger.

"Hmm, while you don't look like much, I'm betting there is a fire in you," he says while handing the papers back. "I'm sorry if Mareike bruised your ego. She can be a firebrand when angered. She must learn to temper her temper."
"Ah well, misunderstandings are a hazard in my line of work sir," Terger chuckles. "But no I took no offense from your guardsman doing her duty. As I told her I intend to recommend both of them for commendations once our investigation is over."
David Fryer
I am a cute and cuddly winged harbinger of DEATH!

Do you have what it takes to be a hero?
User avatar
dfryer36
White Dragon
 
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Cedar City, Utah

Re: [D&D 3.5 PbP] Kulan: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [

Postby willpell » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:35 pm

Glad to have the confrontation defused without requiring his involvement, Relgar wastes no mental energy thinking about Terger's mysterious documents; he agrees that some knowledge is dangerous to have, but more to the point, much knowledge is simply uninteresting trivia, and he cannot afford to clutter up his mind with irrelevancies that will take his attention from the Universal Mathematics, which consume most of his concentration and can misfire drastically if his thoughts wander too far from their maintenance. When the towermaster addresses him about his architectural scrutiny, he mumbles something noncommittal while avoiding eye contact.
User avatar
willpell
White Dragon
 
Posts: 2576
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:10 pm

Re: [D&D 3.5 PbP] Kulan: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [

Postby Tellerian Hawke » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:29 pm

Rhodes wrote:In this city, showing weakness can get you killed.


Tim raises his eyebrow as he scoffs at Rhodes, "So, standing up for one's ethical principles, even to the point of willingly suffering bodily harm in order to adhere to them, is considered weak? If that's what passes for weak in this world, I don't want to be strong."
User avatar
Tellerian Hawke
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Willip, Furyondy

Re: [D&D 3.5 PbP] Kulan: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [

Postby MacConnell » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:31 pm

Thersean laughs lightly in hopes of diffusion some of the residual tension.

"I hope this does not go on record as a diplomatic engagement for me. Tensions are really on edge. We should quickly proceed with this investigation. I believe it is implicative in all the heightened tension."
There are those who believe the lies they tell themselves. I am not one of those people.
User avatar
MacConnell
Orc
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:14 pm
Location: Boga City, The Untamed Wilds

In the Ruins of Sem La Vah (cont.)

Postby Knightfall » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:50 am

Denitiian expertly draws his blade, which Thistle sees is made from pure adamantine. The Bluffside Elite slashes at the dark reptilian that charged him twice. The first strike is a heavy hit, but the evil creature shrugs it off like it is nothing. Denitiian`s second attack misses.

"Damn," he says to Thistle. "They can resist might blade. We need to finish them quickly. Lady Thistle, do you hear me?"

OOC: I'm going to assume that Thistle moves close enough to use her powers on the head digger. This means she moves 20 feet towards him.
Angel Tarragon wrote:Thistle draws upon her holy powers and channels them through her faith to determine if the head digger is tainted with evil.

Thistle moves another 20 feet towards the man and concentrates her focus on the head digger. She immediately senses the evil within him.

"What are you doing?" Denitiian yells as he tries to fend off the dark reptilian attacking him. The winged beast-man slashes out at him with both its claws and slices deep into his shoulder and chest. The guard commander yells in pain and then curse the evil creature.

A moment later, beyond the bridge, the headman strikes out at the guard again. The diggers point out the fight to Tinna and she lines up her crossbow and fires a bolt directly into the man's side. The headman grabs his side and the other guard strikes. His longsword finds his mark and the evil man is severely wounded. He pulls back from the guard and looks like he's ready to run.

Tinna helps the other diggers finally move off the bridge and on to the other side of the gorge.

"Lady Thistle!" Denitiian yells. "They can handle it! I have two on me and there is a third flying this way!"

Thistle glances back to see that another dark reptilian is indeed flying towards her and Denitiian. The wings of the scaled beast-men block her sight line to where Oakfirst was standing. Had he fallen?
---------
OOC: Denitiian's attacks > 1d20+15=31 (hit), 1d8+4=5; 1d20+10=15 (miss); Dark Reptilian (claws) vs. Denitiian > 1d20+7=23 (hit), 1d20+7=20 (hit), Damage > 1d4+3=7, 1d4+3=5; Dark Reptilian (club) vs. Denitiian (charge) > 1d20+9=11 (miss)
Diggers Headman: Light pick > 1d20+5=13 (miss)
Tinna: Light crossbow > 1d20+7-4=21 (hit), Damage > 1d8=8
Other Guard: Longsword > 1d20+9=22 (hit), Damage > 1d8+3=8
---------
Meanwhile...
Oakfirst prepares from the onslaught. The two dark reptilians swoop down at him both at once in a flying charge. He is prepared for them. Before they can strike at him, he brings both his weapons to bare. He slashes out three times with his sword and once with his handaxe. His first strike barely misses but his next three strikes ll connect. He slices and hacks one of the dark reptilians to pieces before it even lands a blow or lands on the ground. Oakfirst avoids the dead body as it slams into the ground, which allows the second dark reptilian to land a telling blow with its club on the commander's knee.

Oakfirst grits his teeth and prepares to go completely on the offensive. "You will die today, fell creature!" He yells, which echoes across the ruins.
---------
OOC: Oakfirst's Readied Full-Attack: Bastard sword (1st) > 1d20+16=21-4=17 (miss), 2nd > 1d20+12=31-4=27 (critical threat), Confirm > 1d20+12=13-4=9 (n/a), 3rd > 1d20+6=22-4=18 (hit), Damage > 1d10+7=15, 1d10+7=14; Handaxe attack > 1d20+11=19 (hit), Damage > 1d6+4=5
Dark Reptilian: Club Attack > 1d20+9=28 (hit), Damage > 1d6+3=8
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
User avatar
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan
 
Posts: 4275
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

PreviousNext

Return to The Crystal Globe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests