League of the Pantheon "capital city"?

Arabian Adventures in Zakhara, the Land of Fate.
The Book-House: Find Al-Qadim products.
Hobgoblin

League of the Pantheon "capital city"?

Post by 2097 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:51 pm

Does the League of the Pantheon and their army The Sword of the True Gods have one particular capital city or can I just choose one?
I get that they're all separate city states with their own caliph, but they do seem unified in some ways.

BlackBat242
Dire Haggis
Location: by the saline water - formerly in the Grand Valley of the Rivers

Re: League of the Pantheon "capital city"?

Post by BlackBat242 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:05 am

The Al Qadim Land of Fate box set, product #1077, states (on page 95 of the Adventurer's Guide to Zakhara booklet:
The headquarters of the Panthiest League and home of the League Conclave is the city of I'tiraf, to which all other Pantheist cities send an ambassador and representatives.

It also says:
Each Pantheist city also sends representatives to Huzuz.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
"I have a catapult. Give me your money or I will hurl a large rock at your head".

"Buffy, Blade... its up to you now." George Takei

The only time a Vampire should sparkle is right before they explode

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:25 pm

BlackBat242 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:05 am
It also says:
Each Pantheist city also sends representatives to Huzuz.
What is the relationship with Huzuz like?

Is it like Switzerland and the EU?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

thorr-kan
Ogre

Post by thorr-kan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:04 pm

Each city defers to Huzuz, but aren't ruled directly by it. The League is unique in that it's a multi-city organization. While not a nation, per se, it's larger than any one city, excepting maybe Huzuz, and it's commonality allows the League to punch about it's weight class.

That said, the League is not a monolithic organization. Each city is still independent, to a degree, and there is some internal bickering.

Return to “Al-Qadim”