Krolli

Discuss Mystara's Savage Coast / Red Steel setting here.
The Book-House: Find Savage Coast products.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Havard, agathokles

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Krolli

Post by Havard » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:09 pm

Has anyone made use of theKrolli?

It is said that they live on the Arm of the Immortals. Do they have their own kingdom? According to this article, they were created by the Herathians. Could they also exist in other places besides the Arm of the Immortals?

Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Re: Krolli

Post by agathokles » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:59 pm

Havard wrote: It is said that they live on the Arm of the Immortals. Do they have their own kingdom? According to this article, they were created by the Herathians. Could they also exist in other places besides the Arm of the Immortals?
They don't seem to have unified kingdom like the Shazak, Gurrash or Cayma, probably as a result of a reduced pressure from external enemies.
However, they are certainly found elsewhere, as the Wurmlings (i.e., the Mystaran Hutts) often use the as mercenary guards. So, they can certainly be found in Eusdria, where a Wurmling is known to live.

GP

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:02 pm

agathokles wrote:They don't seem to have unified kingdom like the Shazak, Gurrash or Cayma, probably as a result of a reduced pressure from external enemies.
However, they are certainly found elsewhere, as the Wurmlings (i.e., the Mystaran Hutts) often use the as mercenary guards. So, they can certainly be found in Eusdria, where a Wurmling is known to live.
Good details. That does help in making them useful on the Savage Coast. Why don't you think they would have a kingdom? Or perhaps city states would be better?

Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:47 pm

Havard wrote:Good details. That does help in making them useful on the Savage Coast. Why don't you think they would have a kingdom? Or perhaps city states would be better?
Because we have maps for a large part of the Arm of the Immortal, and there's no krolli kingdom there. The southernmost part also has to include large portions of jungle often treaded by verdan hunters, and it is inhabited by Jakar and Jaguarundi tribes, IIRC. So, the space of a Krolli kingdom would be very limited.

GP

Return to “Savage Coast”