How well do the 3.5 Gamma World rules work?

A wacky, wily game of postapocalyptic peril.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

How well do the 3.5 Gamma World rules work?

Post by Big Mac » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:35 am

Over in the Gamma World Player's Handbook (d20) on DNDClassics! topic, Dragonhelm mentioned that the Gamma World Player's Handbook includes rules for 3.5 Dungeons & Dragons.

How much compatibility does this book, and the rest of that edition of Gamma World have with the standard D&D rules?

Could someone used to running fantasy games run Gamma World as a slightly unusual fantasy world using this book (and maybe others)?

Is there much material in this book that could be raided and used in a conventional fantasy campaign?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: How well do the 3.5 Gamma World rules work?

Post by Knightfall » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:42 am

Hmm, I figure out where my copy is and let you know. It's stored away somewhere. Give me a couple of days.

EDIT: It's likely going to take longer to get back to you. I'm not sure where my books are at and I haven't felt like digging for them.
Last edited by Knightfall on Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

dulsi
Storm Giant

Re: How well do the 3.5 Gamma World rules work?

Post by dulsi » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:32 pm

How did I not reply to this long ago? This Gamma World edition is based on d20 modern not D&D 3.5. Although they do have suggestions for using it with 3.5 in one of the books. I found the initial release of this edition disappointing. They didn't have enough mutations. Over time they greatly improved that. Every monster in the monster book which is intelligent is given a level adjustment which is awesome.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
ImageImage

Return to “Gamma World”