[Pathfinder] The Serpent Amphora [IC]

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.

Moderator: Chimpman

Re: [Pathfinder] The Serpent Amphora [IC]

Postby dfryer36 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:39 pm

BraveSwordMachine wrote:Xad loses himself slightly and grins a wide toothy grin exposing his over grown canines a pearly shock in contrast to his crimson skin.

The sweet cakes arrive, and he indulges in their texture.

Flower Festivals are magnificent things indeed, he thinks to himself, magnificent indeed.
The evening goes on in much the same way. Music, food, and drink are all available. The music is free, and the cost of the food and drink in quite reasonably priced. Finally the waitress approaches Xad and asks "Do ye have somewhere to stay ser or will ye be needing a room?"
David Fryer
I am a cute and cuddly winged harbinger of DEATH!

Do you have what it takes to be a hero?
dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby Forrantis » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:42 am

The Rivermaster looks up from his work and grunts "oh um yes, and what can I do for you young man?"

"Sorry to disturb you sir, but I am the son and representative of Ambassador Talanar, sent here to attend your flower festival. That is... in a... ambassadorial... capacity..." Forrantis trailed off awkwardly. Beauregard smirked and tried to stifle a snicker. His friend was smooth and affable but could still get flustered now and again. He always found Forrantis's mild embarrassment amusing.
Forrantis
Goblin

Postby FSwriter » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:55 pm

dfryer36 wrote: Inside the building Verquessa sees that the building primarily functions as a warehouse. Crates, barrels, and bales take up almost every free space on the first floor. There is a catwalk the rings the second floor of the building with doors spaced along the wall. A man in workers clothing approaches Verquessa. "Is there something I can help you with miss?"

Verquessa smiles "No, I don't need anything, just waiting for my Uncle to finish his business."

The young woman points at Forrantis "He is over there."

Passing the man in workers clothes Verquessa stands next to Forrantis and smiles at the Rivermaster [Diplomacy roll: 18, Bluff roll 21] "Forgive my uncle sir" Verquessa says "He has a great head for numbers, but when it comes to dealing with people he can get a bit flustered. My Grandfather sent my uncle here to act in as an abassador in hopes of generating more trade into our region. The river here runs through an area that our family has several business interests in. I am sure I don't have to explain the whole thing to you, you seem a sharp man."

Verquessa pauses for a moment then blushes and bows her head meekly in Forrantis' direction "Sorry Uncle, I know you can handle this, I just get so eager to learn. Please finish your business." [OOC not trying to bluff Woody or anything he can react how he wants]
FSwriter
Goblin

Postby Forrantis » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:17 pm

Passing the man in workers clothes Verquessa stands next to Forrantis and smiles at the Rivermaster [ooc: Making a Diplomacy or Bluff Check whichever is more appropriate] "Forgive my uncle sir" Verquessa says "He has a great head for numbers, but when it comes to dealing with people he can get a bit flustered. My Grandfather sent my uncle hear to act in as an abassador in hopes of generating more trade into our region. The river here runs through an area that our family has several business interests in. I am sure I don't have to explain the whole thing to you, you seem a sharp man."

Verquessa pauses for a moment then blushes and bows her head meekly in Forrantis' direction "Sorry Uncle, I know you can handle this, I just get so eager to learn. Please finish your business."

Beauregard's eyes narrow and his lips pull back from his teeth a little as he tenses. Forrantis' eyes widen with surprise and he whirls around to see the young woman that has inserted herself in his conversation. "Uh...Yeah. Yes, we hope to get more trade to our area." He gently places his hand on Beauregard's shoulder in a calming fashion. "Please excuse my social faux pas." He bows deeply. Beauregard following suit. "I know you are a busy man and I do not wish to take up much of your valuable time. You probably dislike these ambassadorial things as much as I. You are a pleasant enough fellow and I am sure we, and our regions will all benefit from the increased trade."
Forrantis
Goblin

Postby BraveSwordMachine » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:42 am

Xadrez smiles his cautious smile.

"A room would run how much, good one? Such lovely food, luxurious, in fact, I'm but a man of meager means."

He offers a small bow of his head, slightly closing his eyes as he bows.
BraveSwordMachine
Goblin

Postby dfryer36 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:36 am

Forrantis wrote:
Passing the man in workers clothes Verquessa stands next to Forrantis and smiles at the Rivermaster [ooc: Making a Diplomacy or Bluff Check whichever is more appropriate] "Forgive my uncle sir" Verquessa says "He has a great head for numbers, but when it comes to dealing with people he can get a bit flustered. My Grandfather sent my uncle hear to act in as an abassador in hopes of generating more trade into our region. The river here runs through an area that our family has several business interests in. I am sure I don't have to explain the whole thing to you, you seem a sharp man."

Verquessa pauses for a moment then blushes and bows her head meekly in Forrantis' direction "Sorry Uncle, I know you can handle this, I just get so eager to learn. Please finish your business."

Beauregard's eyes narrow and his lips pull back from his teeth a little as he tenses. Forrantis' eyes widen with surprise and he whirls around to see the young woman that has inserted herself in his conversation. "Uh...Yeah. Yes, we hope to get more trade to our area." He gently places his hand on Beauregard's shoulder in a calming fashion. "Please excuse my social faux pas." He bows deeply. Beauregard following suit. "I know you are a busy man and I do not wish to take up much of your valuable time. You probably dislike these ambassadorial things as much as I. You are a pleasant enough fellow and I am sure we, and our regions will all benefit from the increased trade."
"Yes, yes" the Rivermaster says. "look, I am very busy preparing for tomorrow's festival but I will have time to discuss trade deals afterwards."
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:52 am

BraveSwordMachine wrote:Xadrez smiles his cautious smile.

"A room would run how much, good one? Such lovely food, luxurious, in fact, I'm but a man of meager means."

He offers a small bow of his head, slightly closing his eyes as he bows.

"Depends on how much privacy ye be desiring now," she says. "We can rent you a spot on the floor for two drakes, a shared room with three others for a regent, or a private room for a dominion."

OOC: A drake is a copper piece, a regent is a silver piece, and a dominion is a gold piece. Platinum pieces are called calases. This is the common currency in use throughout the regions under the Calastian Hegemony.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby Forrantis » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:33 pm

"Yes, yes" the Rivermaster says. "look, I am very busy preparing for tomorrow's festival but I will have time to discuss trade deals afterwards."

"Sorry to have disturbed you. Have a pleasant evening And if there is anything I can do to lighten your load, let me know." Forrantis smiles as he replies with another bow. Beauregard follows suit.
Forrantis
Goblin

Postby FSwriter » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Forrantis wrote:

"Sorry to have disturbed you. Have a pleasant evening And if there is anything I can do to lighten your load, let me know." Forrantis smiles as he replies with another bow. Beauregard follows suit.

Verquessa gives a quick curtsy as well then turns toward Forrantis "Well Uncle sounds like we will have to enjoy some time at the festival tomorrow. Shall we go arrange for lodging for the evening?"
FSwriter
Goblin

Postby BraveSwordMachine » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:00 pm

"Ah... quite reasonable, a spot on the floor will suffice for me, yes?"

He lifts his coin purse with his tail and fishes out the drakes.

"Warm and dry is all I need, thanks be to you."
BraveSwordMachine
Goblin

Postby dfryer36 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:08 pm

The night passes quickly and soon it is morning. The skies have cleared and the sun is shining brightly. It seems as though Syhana smiles on today's festivities. There is food and vendors selling their wares and entertainments of all sorts. Jugglers, dancers, musicians, and more seem to have swarmed to the town for the festival. As you wander you here a loud voice booming above the noise; "The competitions are about to begin. Make sure you have signed up for the events of your choice!"
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby Forrantis » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:27 pm

Forrantis and Beauregard make their way to where the competitions are being held and look them over. Beauregard is anxious to participate in a foot race (maybe one with obstacles) and Forrantis wishes to see what is available.
Forrantis
Goblin

Postby dfryer36 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:13 am

There is indeed a foot race, albeit one without obstacles, as well as a staff fighting competition, archery contest, horse races, and a bardic competition.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby Forrantis » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:13 am

Beauregard swiftly and gleefully signs up for the foot race, flirting with as many girls as he can while doing so. Forrantis chuckles at his friends antics.
Forrantis
Goblin

Postby BraveSwordMachine » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:48 am

Xadrez takes great delight as he signs up for the Staff Fighting Contest. He gives the villager taking names a broad smile.

A bit of sweat will be good to better experience this festival.

Soon after, Xad takes some time to focus himself in a nearby alleyway.
BraveSwordMachine
Goblin

Postby dfryer36 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:07 pm

As Beauregard and Xad prepare for their events Verquessa wanders the festival taking in the sights and sounds. As she approaches the tent of an arms merchant she hears "I swear to you, the man who sold me this blade told me it was enchanted. May The Judge take my soul if I'm trying to cheat you."
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby FSwriter » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:47 pm

dfryer36 wrote:As Beauregard and Xad prepare for their events Verquessa wanders the festival taking in the sights and sounds. As she approaches the tent of an arms merchant she hears "I swear to you, the man who sold me this blade told me it was enchanted. May The Judge take my soul if I'm trying to cheat you."

Verquessa hears this and decides she needs to explore this potential opportunity a bit further. Doing her best to remain inconspicuous, the young woman moves closer to the merchants stall...
FSwriter
Goblin

Postby dfryer36 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:51 pm

FSwriter wrote:
dfryer36 wrote:As Beauregard and Xad prepare for their events Verquessa wanders the festival taking in the sights and sounds. As she approaches the tent of an arms merchant she hears "I swear to you, the man who sold me this blade told me it was enchanted. May The Judge take my soul if I'm trying to cheat you."

Verquessa hears this and decides she needs to explore this potential opportunity a bit further. Doing her best to remain inconspicuous, the young woman moves closer to the merchants stall...

Verquessa slips closer to the tent and gets a closer look. The arms merchant is a beardless blonde haired dwarf dressed in plain but finely made clothings and an eye patch over his left eye. The customer is humanoid but she can't make out any features because of the heavy cloak he or she is wearing. "Unless you have proof I am not paying such an outrageous price," the person says. Their voice is highly androgynous which gives no clue to the individuals race or gender.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:00 pm

Forrantis wrote:Beauregard swiftly and gleefully signs up for the foot race, flirting with as many girls as he can while doing so. Forrantis chuckles at his friends antics.

Beauregard wins the foot race handley. For his efforts he is awarded a pouch containing fifty regents as well as a finely made pair of travelling boots.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby dfryer36 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:11 pm

BraveSwordMachine wrote:Xadrez takes great delight as he signs up for the Staff Fighting Contest. He gives the villager taking names a broad smile.

A bit of sweat will be good to better experience this festival.

Soon after, Xad takes some time to focus himself in a nearby alleyway.
Although Xad equates himself admirably but is eliminated in the final round. For finishing in second place he is awarded twenty regents.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby Forrantis » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:51 pm

dfryer36 wrote:
Forrantis wrote:Beauregard swiftly and gleefully signs up for the foot race, flirting with as many girls as he can while doing so. Forrantis chuckles at his friends antics.

Beauregard wins the foot race handley. For his efforts he is awarded a pouch containing fifty regents as well as a finely made pair of travelling boots.

Forrantis congratulates his friend on a fine race. Beauregard delights in the adulations of the crowd, especially those coming from the females.
After allowing Beauregard to bask in his fame for a short while, Forrantis calls to him, "We have business to attend to. Come along."
"Ah, you never let me have any fun." Beauregard responds with mock sullenness. He springs to follow his companion. "Duty awaits I'm afraid," He tells the adoring throng with a bow as the two friends set out to find the Rivermaster.
(OOC - If they notice anything out of the ordinary they may turn to investigate.)
Forrantis
Goblin

Postby BraveSwordMachine » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:05 am

Xad bows respectfully to the winner his left hand behind his back his right hand in front of his face in a knife edge vertically up his face, and gladly takes his winning purse and heading back towards a pastry stand he saw earlier.

As he meanders, he keeps an eye out for any revelers that might be celebrating early and looking to pick a fight with an outsider, no need to be neglectful.
BraveSwordMachine
Goblin

Postby dfryer36 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:14 pm

The day passes quickly as various events and activities keep you occupied and entertained. Forrantis finally has his meeting with the Rivermaster and they are able to work out a trade agreement. As day turns to night the townfolk drag tables into the village green and a great feast is prepared. As the food is served entertainers wander the green performing for the people.

The feasting continues well into the night. A few people notice that the Grey Moon has eclipsed Belsemath's Orb which is an unusual occurrence. Near midnight there is an audible gasp as a bloody man stumbles into the middle of the feast. "Help me," he murmurs as he collapses to the ground.
David Fryer

dfryer36
White Dragon

Postby Forrantis » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:48 pm

Forrantis and Beauregard rush to the man to lend aid.
Forrantis
Goblin

Postby BraveSwordMachine » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:06 am

Xadrez, mouth full of Strawberry Mead, dashes past the injured man as he sees the fox and man heading to lend aid and looks in the direction he came from about half a block beyond the edge of the festivities.
BraveSwordMachine
Goblin

Previous

Return to The Crystal Globe