Xanthar's Guide to Everything
According to Amazon, this book comes out on November 21st, 2017.Explore a plethora of fantastic new rules options for both players and Dungeon Masters in this supplement for the world’s greatest roleplaying game
Waterdeep’s most infamous crime lord, and a beholder to boot…
You’d be shocked to discover just how much he knows about you…
Yes, you… adventurers.
Assembled here for the first time is new information on adventurers of every stripe. In addition, you’ll find and valuable advice for those of nefarious intent who must deal with such meddling do-gooders, including the Xanathar’s personal thoughts on how to dispatch anyone foolish enough to interfere with his business dealings. Alongside observations on "heroes" themselves, the beholder fills the pages of this tome with his personal thoughts on tricks, traps, and even treasures and how they can be put to villainous use.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but evil is in its heart!
For use with the fifth edition Player’s Handbook®, Monster Manual®, and Dungeon Master’s Guide®.
• Complete rules for more than twenty new subclasses for fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons®, including the cavalier, the inquisitive, the horizon walker, and many more.
• Dozens of new feats and spells, and a system to give your character a unique, randomized back story
• A variety of systems and tools that provide Dungeon Masters new ways to personalize their home games, while also expanding the ways players can engage in organized play and shared world campaigns.
• Fans of DUNGEONS & DRAGONS® can get a sample of what this book has in store for them by visiting their local hobby retailer and participating in the D&D Adventurers LeagueTM organized play program.
• Design and development by the Wizards tabletop RPG team.
The leader in providing contemporary fantasy entertainment, Dungeons & Dragons is the wellspring for the entire modern game industry, digital as well as analog. This newest edition draws from every prior edition to create a universally compelling play experience, and exemplifies the true spirit of a game that holds captive the hearts and minds of millions of players worldwide.
This looks like more of a rules oriented book than I first assumed just based on the title. Do we really need twenty+ new subclasses?
What do you guys think about a book like this?