TORG Maps

"The storm has a name..." Discuss both TORG and TORG Eternity here.
Ashtagon
Hierarch

TORG Maps

Post by Ashtagon »

Over on the alternate history forums, some members made some maps of the home cosms....

Gaea (Orrorsh)

Forum Post: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/ ... t-10464528

Image: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/ ... ng.250188/

Magna Verita (Cyberpapacy)

Forum Post: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/ ... t-10717937

Image: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/ ... ng.253984/
Emma Rome, otherwise known as Ashtagon
Overall site admin for The Piazza. My moderator colour is pink!

Sturm
Blue Dragon

Re: TORG Maps

Post by Sturm »

Very interesting maps!
Editor of Threshold, the Mystara Magazine: http://pandius.com/thrs_mag.html

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard »

Very nice!

I love how Magna Veritas went with Peking as the spelling of Beijing.

Probably still the most controversial realm in TORG :ugeek:

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Ashtagon
Hierarch

Post by Ashtagon »

Just in case it isn't obvious, those maps are not official.

For Magna Verita specifically, I'm fairly certain the capital of "the Australias" (Port Innocent) is actually meant to refer to the real-world city of Darwin, in our Australia's Northern Territory (my original copy of the book is buried until a pile of other books, so i can't verify easily). For Beijing./Peking, the book was written in 1991. At the time, China had officially been using Hanyu Pinyin (ie "Beijing") since 1982. At the time, Taiwan was using Wade-Giles (ie "Peking") romanisation (they wouldn't switch to pinyin until 2008). I don't recall when exactly culture politics began to favour PRC over Taiwan, but I suspect the shift from W-G to pinyin reflects that shift.
Emma Rome, otherwise known as Ashtagon
Overall site admin for The Piazza. My moderator colour is pink!

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Very nice.

I've updated the Book-House pages for Orrorsh and The Cyberpapacy. Hopefully the descriptions I added made it clear enough that these are fanon maps. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Sir Alain Fisk
Gnoll

Post by Sir Alain Fisk »

Oooh, I've never seen those. I would certainly be interested to see the updated versions.
When I was running Torg Eternity for my family in 2018, my youngest Son (18, then) had a Nile Empire Weird Scientist with a robot nicknamed Stompy. At the end of the last adventure we played before my Wife and I moved to Texas, he asked,

“Hey Dad, can Stompy have Stealth?” This is a 450-pound robot being made into a Weird Science helper, made almost of solid steel, and he wanted to add Stealth… we died the table-round at the prospect.

GeniusCodeMonkey
Orc

Post by GeniusCodeMonkey »

If you can get a copy of the Cyberpapacy source book, the history is now decidedly different for TorgE.
The Cyberpapacy has always been a technologically advanced society with technology being 'invented' through prayer and miraculous insight and not scientific theory.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

TorgHacker
Orc

Post by TorgHacker »

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:34 pm
If you can get a copy of the Cyberpapacy source book, the history is now decidedly different for TorgE.
The Cyberpapacy has always been a technologically advanced society with technology being 'invented' through prayer and miraculous insight and not scientific theory.
Well, "always" being "last few hundred years" or so. But yeah, we changed the foundation of the Cyberpapacy to make it a mature tech civilization...and then imagined what that would be really like.
Torg Eternity Designer
Torg Eternity Community Manager
Ulisses Spiele

Sir Alain Fisk
Gnoll

Post by Sir Alain Fisk »

Hold on there, folks! The Cyberpapacy wasn't the Cyberpapacy until the previous invasion (Torg RPPW), when the DreamTime warriors, including Dr. Hachi Mara-two changed the Pope of Magna Verita, and Ebenescrux, into the Cyberpope and the cyber'd Darkness Device.
When I was running Torg Eternity for my family in 2018, my youngest Son (18, then) had a Nile Empire Weird Scientist with a robot nicknamed Stompy. At the end of the last adventure we played before my Wife and I moved to Texas, he asked,

“Hey Dad, can Stompy have Stealth?” This is a 450-pound robot being made into a Weird Science helper, made almost of solid steel, and he wanted to add Stealth… we died the table-round at the prospect.

GeniusCodeMonkey
Orc

Post by GeniusCodeMonkey »

Sir Alain Fisk wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:23 pm
Hold on there, folks! The Cyberpapacy wasn't the Cyberpapacy until the previous invasion (Torg RPPW), when the DreamTime warriors, including Dr. Hachi Mara-two changed the Pope of Magna Verita, and Ebenescrux, into the Cyberpope and the cyber'd Darkness Device.
That was oTorg. TorgE got an update.. and I think it's better for it. It really makes more sense and there is this dichotomy of what the realm is like and what to original Cosm is like. They are now both the same; a mature Cyberpunk setting with a fascist theocracy.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Wakshaani
Orc

Post by Wakshaani »

Yeah, the CYberpapacy of TorgE is much different than the oTorg version.

And the Cyberpope is much, MUCH better at his job.

Which is, of course, to save souls.

I mean, when he saw how much PERIL this world was in, what with the witches and the demons and virtually no miracles as the faithful had fallen away from the Church, well, truly, his heart was moved. He *had* to get involved! So, at great cost to he and his people, he called for his faithful to gather up and march to the defense of this poor, defenseless world, to bring them the shelter of his grace, to shield them from dark witcheries, and to restore the miraculous content that was rightly within each and every person. All you have to do is accept Pere Jean into your heart and all will be well!

Deus vult!

Sir Alain Fisk
Gnoll

Post by Sir Alain Fisk »

Oh, I'm definitely not arguing that the new Cyberpapacy work is better, but remember what it says in the Core Book... that was a different invasion, not 150 years of changed history. That's all I'm getting at.

Utsukushi
Goblin

Post by Utsukushi »

I think I see what you mean, but RAW, I don't think that does apply to the CyberPapacy, which is indeed hundreds of years of changed history. It's ever-so-subtly "hinted" that Quinn Sebastian and The Gaunt Man have done this before and kind of know how things are going, but that doesn't seem to apply to the other High Lords. It's not just a new Earth. It even seems to be a new Orrorsh, or the Gaian's would be like, "Oh No, Not Again," instead of, "Never fear, we're here to help!" That shared history with oTorg seems to apply only to Sebastian and Gaunty. (I call him Gaunty. We go back. He doesn't mind. ... did anyone else hear that? Sort of a slurping, scrabbling noise in the walls? Nevermind, it's probably nothing.)

Running it where all the High Lords have done this before and had a big council meeting about What Went Wrong and are just trying again on an Earth (or set of Earths) that were untouched the first time would make for a neat, but I think very, very dark and probably very short, campaign idea. Though to be fair, it probably wouldn't change much of what Malreaux is doing in this one. This Malreaux is good. And not the way he says he is.

Now, if you'll excuse me, that scrabbling noise is definitely coming from the cellar. I'll just grab this faulty flashlight and put on my tallest heels to go see what's going on in there. You all wait here, I'll be right back.

Sir Alain Fisk
Gnoll

Post by Sir Alain Fisk »

I had never thought of it that way. Hmmm.

Return to “TORG”