The Karameikos PbP, The Mistery of the Mirror (IC thread)

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.
Sturm
Green Dragon

Re: The Karameikos PbP, The Mistery of the Mirror (IC thread)

Post by Sturm » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:45 pm

Demara's ruins east of Krondsfield
Scene II - Hralen, Thaumont, Early Spring, 17th day, 993 AC

Bonegnasher's door is locked too, but the door indeed looks a lot less sturdy than the one of the other room where according to the gnolls the humans are kept.

hihama
Vesihiisi

Post by hihama » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:04 pm

Bofar tests the door. Let's try to force this open Lucius.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:05 pm

Lucius uses his strength to help Bofar crack the door.

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:45 pm

Scene III - Hralen, Thaumont, Early Spring, 17th day, 993 AC

Lucius and Bofar manage to open the door without too much effort. The room is furnished with a big bedroll, a crude table with some meat an other foods, and a huge chest. A key is on the table.

hihama
Vesihiisi

Post by hihama » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:04 pm

Bofar grabs the key. Let's hope this is the right one.
Then he goes back and tries the key to the door.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:09 am

Lucius follows Bofar, keeping an eye on the Gnoll.

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:07 pm

You take the key and try it on the other door and it works. A dark, small room is invaded by the light of the torches in the hall and you clearly see several people: a man in green vest and grey beard that looks like a wizard, a small man dressed in black, a red bearded dwarf, an elf in soft light leather, another man in furs with long black hair and beard, a big man who looks like a warrior.
"By Kagyar brother so happy to see you and not a ugly ogre face - the dwarf says speaking to Bofar, then switches to Thyatian - I am Delvar and my companions are Morganth, Slinker, Silverleaf, Lordan and Beldar and I hope you are the second rescue team, as we clearly failed as the first one!

hihama
Vesihiisi

Post by hihama » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:11 pm

That's us. Let's lieve as soon as possible.
Bofar looks at the gnoll. Now, do you have some weapon storage here?

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:08 pm

Let's check the chest in the chief's room. Failing that, we've got their weapons, says Lucius, pointing to the gnoll.

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:54 am

The chest in the chief's room is locked, and the lock does not seem easy to pick.
"I could do it with my tools, but they took them obviously - the small man named as Slinker says - but I could try with what I can find here". Slinker tries with a big fork but soon gives up. "Sorry, this lock is not easy", he says.
"I have a spell which should help us", the wizard in green, Morganth, says. He casts something and indeed the chest opens with a click. Slinker checks it just in case and raises the lid.
Inside the chest there are weapons and items that the adventurers recognize as their own, and much else. Another magic book, maybe belonging to Taran. A bright key made as a flute, which seems made of platinum. There is also quite some amount of gold and silver coins and several other items, maybe looted from tombs, including weapons and armors.
"They seem fine objects to study but I suppose now it's not the time - the man named Lordan says, looking at Bofar, Lucius and Kesh - I imagine you have a plan for our next step?"

hihama
Vesihiisi

Post by hihama » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:44 pm

Plan was to attack Bonegnasher and his minions from behind after we have released and armed you...

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:26 pm

Lucius pockets the platinum key, then asks the wizard if he has any useful spell for the fight. He explains the type and number of opponents, so the newly freed adventurers know what they are expected to fight.

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:35 am

"I can cast a web spell with my spellbook" - Morganth the wizard says.
"I can send a globe of darkness over the enemies!" Lordan the cleric says, that could work.
"I can do the same thing", Silverleaf the elf says.
"And I have my darts now", Slinker says showing a small crossbow.
"They will spoil all the fun for us", the warrior, Beldar, says.
"Not necessarily - the dwarf Delvar says - the enemies are many, but they will be confused enough for us to strike at them. They caught us from two different directions when we came, and remember they have a lizardman cleric who blocked three of us!"
"Indeed - Kesh says, healing some minor wounds of Beldar - I will take care of him, but just in case center the darkness over him. So even if my spell fails, he will be hindered for a while. I think we are ready to go. Let's put the gnolls and kobolds in the cell for now, then we will go outside and make as much noise as possible to catch the attention of Bonegnasher. As soon as he and his warrior appear, we will throw everything we have at them while Lucius, Bofar, Delvar and Beldar will charge. Hopefully the spells sent by us and by Bellithiel and Taran will be enough to put down most of the humanoid warriors even before you come into contact with them. Anyway I will join you soon enough to attack the lizardman priest. Is all understood?"
The other adventurers nod and agree with the plan.

hihama
Vesihiisi

Post by hihama » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:25 pm

Let's go then. It's been awhile since I last time did some ogrebashing...

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:55 pm

Lucius follows the others. In combat, he keeps away from the enemies that are to be targeted by the darkness spells -- he for sure can't see in darkness, but who knows about the enemies?

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:42 am

Scene IV - Hralen, Thaumont, Early Spring, 17th day, 993 AC

"This is speaking like a dwarf!" Delvar says to Bofar. You lock the kobolds and the gnolls, with the gnoll who accompanied you pleading to let him go. Kesh just answers you will let him go after Bonegnasher is defeated.
You return to the entrance. While you pass through the mining area, Lucius hears the platinun key making a soft sound.
Armed and ready you go outside, Beldar and Delvar immediately screaming and bashing on their shields to make noise.
After a while, Bonegnasher and his group arrive. The ogre is clearly furious, and his group now amounts to the two wolves, the lizardman, 2 hobgoblins, 4 orcs and only 2 goblins, while the the carrion crawler and 3 goblins are gone. Clearly Taran and Bellithiel have done some damage with their arrows.
Bonegnasher orders a charge, happy to finally see enemies in front of him. The lizardman begins to pray.
Kesh is faster, and his spell blocks the lizardman before he can complete his spell. He falls down rigid.
Morganth, Lordan and Silverleaf act next, sending a web and darkness over Bonegnasher. The ogre trashes around furiously to exit the area.
Taran and Bellithiel arrive too. Bonegnasher is hit by another web, while the wolves and one hobgoblin fall down mid-charge.
The remaining hobgoblin, the 4 orcs and the 2 goblin do not immediately realize what happened and attack.
The hobgoblin targets Bofar, wounding him in the arm. An orc target Lucius, but trips before hitting him. Another two orcs focus on Beldar, both hitting him and sending the warrior down. The last orc tries to hit Delvar but fails, while the two goblins fire arrows at Kesh, both missing.
Bofar tries to hit the hobgoblin but the enemy parries. Lucius cuts the orc on the back and he falls down. Delvar hits his orc and wounds him, but the enemy does not fall. The two orcs who have felled Beldar attack Lucius.
Bonegnasher is still prisoner of the web and trashing around in the darkness.
Kesh sends a spell against one of Lucius' adversaries, and the orc is immediately blind, and begin to wanders around in panic.
One of the goblin is hit on the back by magic missiles and falls down. The other runs away in panic when an arrow narrowly misses him.
The remaining hobgoblin and three orcs now realize they are greatly outnumbered and surrounded as Taran and Bellithiel comes out of the forest.
"Spare us and we will surrender" the hobgoblin says.

hihama
Vesihiisi

Post by hihama » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:13 pm

Drop your weapons and we'll see what happens.

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:08 pm

The defeated humanoids comply to the order, but Bonegnasher does not seem willing to stand down at all. He is still raging and trying to get free from the web. Bellithiel comes near you."We should try to capture him and ask him some questions, but it could be quite difficult".
The ogre is now outside the darkness and about to get free from the webs, clearly ready to charge at you.
"I fear I am out of useful spells" Kesh says, and the other wizards, and cleric, as well.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:56 pm

Shoot him down! shouts Lucius to the elves. Everybody else, spread and surround him.
Lucius fights defensively, allowing Bofar and the others to strike at the ogre's head.

hihama
Vesihiisi

Post by hihama » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Bofar aims at the Bonegnasher's knees.

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:14 pm

Bellithiel, Taran and Silverleaf all hit the ogre with arrows. Bonegnasher rages and try to react somehow, but falls down on the ground, almost falling over Bofar, who misses completely. The dwarf slips and loses his weapon.
Delvar is keeping an eye on the other humanoids so he cannot be of much help.
Morganth the wizard is indecisive, out of useful spells.
Kesh and Lordan the cleric try to bash over Bonegnasher's head, and both hit him, faling to knock him down.
The ogre tries to smash at them with his club but has no luck.
Bellithiel hits him again with an arrow and both Kesh and Lordan hits him with maces, while Bofar rises on his feet again.
The ogre, wounded but still alive, hits Lordan with his club, sending the cleric several feet away on the ground.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:51 pm

With the ogre grounded and distracted by the attacks, Lucius tries to slash at his neck with a powerful sword blow.

hihama
Vesihiisi

Post by hihama » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:06 pm

Bofar tries to tackle the ogre down by grapling its legs.

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:42 am

Bonegnasher rises and thrashes around. Despite his bulk, he is hard to hit and Lucius' sword just bounces on his crude but effective leather armor. Bofar has more luck, hindering him enough to force him to kneel. Taran and Bellithiel try to hit him with sword, but they have no more luck than Lucius. Kesh hits him on the leg, but makes little damage, if any. Silverleaf hits him with an arrow fully on the cheek, and the ogre rages even more, but he has no time to do anything.
A most unlikely knife throw from Morganth, the gray bearded wizard, hits the ogre fully in the eye, making him bolt and crash down heavily on the ground.
The ogre lay still.
"That was a bad ogre - Delvar the dwarf says - what now?"

hihama
Vesihiisi

Post by hihama » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:07 am

Bofar rises up. Well, that was fun!
Then he fetches his hammer and checks if Bonegrasher is dead.

Return to “The Crystal Globe”