Mike Mearls working on Gamma World material!

A wacky, wily game of postapocalyptic peril.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Mike Mearls working on Gamma World material!

Post by Big Mac » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:23 pm

Late last year, Mike Mearls was working on 5th Edition Nentir Vale material. Now he is working on a Gamma World game. Here are a few Tweets about his game:

Here is his first Tweet, from 7:23 PM - 8 Mar 2018:
Mike Mealrs on Twitter wrote:My D&D 5/Gamma World hack went off pretty well. Lots of good feedback on how to improve the rules for generating mutations and drawbacks, tech and salvage systems worked well.
Then he followed that up with a Tweet, from 7:25 PM - 8 Mar 2018:
Mike Mealrs on Twitter wrote:The game ended with a fusion reaction detonation averted, the mutant bear PC founding a new religion, the renegade Martian claiming an ancient hover tank, and the group opening a water park in the Gamma World version of Seattle to much fame and fortune.
Finally he posted a third Tweet at 7:27 PM - 8 Mar 2018:
Mike Mealrs on Twitter wrote:The tech rules are based on the rules for weapon breakage in my Dark Sun 5e notes. Might have to talk about the Gamma World design on Happy Fun Hour after we work on the warlord. We’ll see.
I wonder if he will post these on Unearthed Arcana later.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

shesheyan
Cloud Giant

Re: Mike Mearls working on Gamma World material!

Post by shesheyan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:29 pm

Lets hope they don't try to push random mutation card boosters like they did with the D&D 4e based version... The 4e (7e GW) rules were quite fun actually. I would buy a box of mutation cards similar to spell cards for D&D5e.
Last edited by shesheyan on Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently playing : Coriolis The Third Horizon • D&D5E • Want to try : BlueHolmes

dulsi
Storm Giant

Re: Mike Mearls working on Gamma World material!

Post by dulsi » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:43 pm

D&D 4e rules should have been a great Gamma World. I was really disappointed with that version. Especially since the Earth Delta looked so good (although I never fully read it or ran it). I'm not sure if I want a D&D 5e version. I'm afraid they will push it to far to the humorous realm again.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
ImageImage

Return to “Gamma World”