4SRD: Four Sons of the Rising Dawn

Discuss 4th Edition rules, PoL setting concepts, and the GSL here.
The Book-House: Find 4th Edition products, Find D&D Essentials products.

Moderators: Idabrius, Blacky the Blackball

dulsi
Storm Giant

4SRD: Four Sons of the Rising Dawn

Post by dulsi » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:52 pm

I stumbled on this project. They are attempting to recreate 4E D&D. I've been tempted to start a similar project just because people said 4E won't ever have any retro-clones. However, I don't have enough time for my existing projects.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
ImageImage

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: 4SRD: Four Sons of the Rising Dawn

Post by Tim Baker » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:51 pm

It doesn't look like it's been updated in a while. I wonder if they could use some of the 13th Age SRD, which already handled some of the labels for things that needed to be renamed from 4e. At least that way the community would begin to use the same language for mechanics from 4e (healing surges become recoveries, second wind becomes rally, etc.).
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:22 pm

Tim Baker wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:51 pm
I wonder if they could use some of the 13th Age SRD, which already handled some of the labels for things that needed to be renamed from 4e. At least that way the community would begin to use the same language for mechanics from 4e (healing surges become recoveries, second wind becomes rally, etc.).
Sounds good. And that lot is already released under the OGL.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:17 pm

Tim Baker wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:51 pm
It doesn't look like it's been updated in a while. I wonder if they could use some of the 13th Age SRD, which already handled some of the labels for things that needed to be renamed from 4e. At least that way the community would begin to use the same language for mechanics from 4e (healing surges become recoveries, second wind becomes rally, etc.).
That would be a good idea, considering that 13th Age is already an evolution of 4e.

GP

Return to “D&D 4th Edition”