D20M Wealth Rules

It's a great new fantasy role-playing game. We pretend we're workers and students in an industrialised and technological society.
The Book-House: Find d20 Modern products.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

Havard
Dragon Turtle

D20M Wealth Rules

Post by Havard » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:35 pm

Has anyone used the more abstract Wealth rules from d20 Modern? I find this a very interesting design feature, especially for a modern setting.

What did you think of it?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Re: D20M Wealth Rules

Post by shesheyan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:08 pm

We used it in my campaigns. Its a very good system. The modern world is much more complex. You don't need to keep track of every dollar, know exactly how much of the characters money is invested in bonds, off-shore accounts, etc, etc. It would get too complex at high levels.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: D20M Wealth Rules

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:04 pm

Havard wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:35 pm
Has anyone used the more abstract Wealth rules from d20 Modern? I find this a very interesting design feature, especially for a modern setting.
We used Wealth Checks in the d20 Modern game that our GM ran in the Virtual Eclipse universe.
Havard wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:35 pm
What did you think of it?
It certainly was an interesting way to do things.

I wasn't so keen on the way that you could buy unlimited amounts of cheap stuff, coudn't buy expensive stuff and then there was a range in the middle, where your Wealth score would get pushed down.

When we played our game, we bought all the cheap stuff first and then went for the expensive stuff, so that we didn't shunt our Wealth scores down several times.

I suppose I would have got used to it, if I had played more than one campaign, but I'd have to work out how to put new stuff onto the Wealth scale, if I was going to run d20 Modern.

(I did consider making a VE20 website at one point. That would have mixed in the background of the Virtual Eclipse universe with d20 Modern and d20 Future rules.)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “d20 Modern”