Mystara Adventures on DmGuild

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Havard, Gawain_VIII, Cthulhudrew, Seer of Yhog

giulio
Gnoll

Mystara Adventures on DmGuild

Post by giulio » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:58 pm

Could we post Mystara 5e adventures on DMGuild?

Giulio

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Mystara Adventures on DmGuild

Post by Havard » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:12 pm

giulio wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:58 pm

Giulio
I am not an expert on how DMsGuild works, but from what I understand, only a few settings are allowed to be used when creating material for the DMsGuild. It used to be you could only make them for the Forgotten Realms, but now a few other worlds have been made available. Mystara is not on the list yet though.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

giulio
Gnoll

Post by giulio » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:18 pm

I'm not a Forgotten Realm expert. Is there any FR location where I can easily relocate a 'Darokin' adventure?

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:00 pm

giulio wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:18 pm
I'm not a Forgotten Realm expert. Is there any FR location where I can easily relocate a 'Darokin' adventure?
I think you could also release generic adventures (no specific setting).

Sorry, can't advice you on FR locations.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:50 pm

Sembia could work. Otherwise, you can make it generic, which is allowed.

GP

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:13 am

Havard wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:12 pm
giulio wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:58 pm
I am not an expert on how DMsGuild works, but from what I understand, only a few settings are allowed to be used when creating material for the DMsGuild. It used to be you could only make them for the Forgotten Realms, but now a few other worlds have been made available. Mystara is not on the list yet though.
This changes over time, but Havard is right. At this time, Mystara has not been released onto the DMs Guild program.

The way to check this (if you are not keeping up with current events) is to go to: DMs Guild > Account > Enter New Community Created Title.

The options there right now are:
  • Forgotten Realms,
  • Ravenloft and
  • Eberron
If you want to get your stuff out there, and are not bothered about getting money for it, both Vaults of Pandius and Threshold Magazine are good places to submit your content.

If you really want to sell stuff your options are:
  • Write for one of the settings that is available to DMs Guild content creators,
  • Write generic D&D content for DMs Guild or
  • Go outside DMs Guild, write content that does not use WotC IP and get paid twice as much.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

snorri
Ogre

Post by snorri » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:20 am

giulio wrote:
Sembia. A wealthy republic of merchants, italian or flemish style. You can easily change Ordulin for Darokin Coty and vice versa.

As wotc do, you Gould publish for FR, and suggestions how it could be adapted to Mystara.

Dread Delgath
Fire Giant

Post by Dread Delgath » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:17 am

The last few incarnations of Forgotten Realms has seen the inclusion of all kinds of 'new' lands that appear out of nowhere due to whatever world-wide crisis they invented for whenever there's a new edition. :roll:

I'd say just plop Darokin wherever you want into FR, and say 'because edition magic' or 'reasons'. ;)
My D&D 5th edition Dakan Mar Campaign setting Conspectus and Campaign Rules here at The Piazza Forums, a Fool's Errand WIP.

Morfie
Metamorph

Post by Morfie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:27 am

giulio wrote:
GAZ 12 Darokin specifically states: The society described in this Gazetteer would fit nicely in either Cormyr, around Arabel, or in the Southern Lands of Calimshan, Amn, and Tethyr (for a more desert feel), for those of you using the FORGOTTEN REALMS Campaign Set.

snorri
Ogre

Post by snorri » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:07 pm

Sounds like there are loopholes to publish official Mystara material ;)

Dread Delgath
Fire Giant

Post by Dread Delgath » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:34 pm

Morfie wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:27 am
giulio wrote:
GAZ 12 Darokin specifically states: The society described in this Gazetteer would fit nicely in either Cormyr, around Arabel, or in the Southern Lands of Calimshan, Amn, and Tethyr (for a more desert feel), for those of you using the FORGOTTEN REALMS Campaign Set.
Darokin was published after FR? I hadn't realized that. Of course, I've never had Darokin Gazetteer til a few years ago. :oops:
My D&D 5th edition Dakan Mar Campaign setting Conspectus and Campaign Rules here at The Piazza Forums, a Fool's Errand WIP.

Morfie
Metamorph

Post by Morfie » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:28 am

snorri wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:07 pm
Sounds like there are loopholes to publish official Mystara material ;)
Not on DM's Guild. On there it would have to be generic, or set in the above-mentioned worlds. You could always post about it here for where it is actually set in Mystara, or post on here some faux-conversion notes.

However, if you don't want to charge for it & set it in Mystara explicitly, you can always send it to the Vaults Of Pandius.
Last edited by Morfie on Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Morfie
Metamorph

Post by Morfie » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:29 am

Dread Delgath wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:34 pm
Morfie wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:27 am
giulio wrote:
Darokin was published after FR? I hadn't realized that. Of course, I've never had Darokin Gazetteer til a few years ago. :oops:
FR 1e was 1987, Darokin was 1989. There are other GAZ's that mention where to place them elsewhere in FR or Greyhawk. I don't have the full list on me though, but there's probably a post on here with them all too!

Return to “Mystara”