What other time periods/places should have had Arcane Age products?

Netheril: flying cities, ancient scrolls written on gold leaf, and just a little bit of hubris.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

What other time periods/places should have had Arcane Age products?

Post by Big Mac » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:41 am

What are the most interesting time periods that Arcane Age didn't cover?

What regions of the Realms has had big shifts in the past, that could have had an Arcane Age product to show what the region was like before the change happened?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Sturm
Blue Dragon

Re: What other time periods/places should have had Arcane Age products?

Post by Sturm » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:53 am

The Ostoria sub-setting Coronoides is doing will be an interesting example viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20167.
Probably also the time before the fall of the drow, when there where many elven realms around.
Editor of Threshold, the Mystara Magazine: http://pandius.com/thrs_mag.html

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:30 pm

Sturm wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:53 am
The Ostoria sub-setting Coronoides is doing will be an interesting example viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20167.
I had not heard of that before, but according to the Ostoria article on Forgotten Realms Wiki it is covered by Giantcraft and The Grand History of the Realms. I'll have to have a read up on it. :)
Sturm wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:53 am
Probably also the time before the fall of the drow, when there where many elven realms around.
Oooh!

Back when Lolth was still Araushnee sounds like a very interesting time, but I think that the War of the Seldarin might be a bit early. I think the Crown Wars were quite some time later. IIRC, there is some information about Ilythiir that might help run a game there. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Post by ripvanwormer » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:22 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:30 pm
Back when Lolth was still Araushnee sounds like a very interesting time, but I think that the War of the Seldarine might be a bit early. I think the Crown Wars were quite some time later.
Yes, the Descent of the Drow was 20,000 years after the War of the Seldarine.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:23 am

There's always Delzoun, although the writers wanted to do Shanatar more.

The Old Empires at their height might be interesting, along with the time right before Narfell and Raumathar destroyed one another.

The Shoon Imperium might be interesting.

The Successor kingdoms to Netheril could always use more exploration.
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green

Return to “Arcane Age”