Threshold - contributing to Issue 22

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Havard, Gawain_VIII, Cthulhudrew, Seer of Yhog

agathokles
Red Dragon

Threshold - contributing to Issue 22

Post by agathokles » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:15 am

Hi all,

we are looking for contributions to Issue 22. It focuses on adventures and campaigns, so there is plenty of opportunities to provide Mystara fans with new, immediately useful, material. Some examples of suitable topics include:
  • New adventures (or revised adventures from the Vaults);
  • Campaign plots and schemes (possibly including ideas on how to use or adapt published adventures modules to Mystara);
  • Adaptation notes (such as the previously appeared adaptation notes for The Night Below);
  • NPCs or locales that can serve as the center point for a campaign or adventure;
  • Gazetteer-style entries for a region
Moreover, we already have some submissions, and we could use some help in editing, proofreading and/or otherwise polishing the text.

So, let us know if you can lend a hand to make this issue a great one :-)

Thanks in advance,
GP

NPCDave
Stone Giant

Re: Threshold - contributing to Issue 22

Post by NPCDave » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:48 am

I have been thinking about writing a few encounters that would expand the conclusion of the adventure X5 The Temple of Death. The idea is to answer the question of what the PCs do and where they go if they succeed in defeating the Master but don't just teleport back to Darokin. My goals for this article in order of importance.

1) Duplicate the feel of X4 and X5 and copy Cook's writing style as much as possible so this add-on is as seamless as possible. Sword and Sorcery style all the way.
2) Only use the ruleset which was available at the time, which was Moldvay Basic and Cook Expert rules. Any new rules necessary will attempt to conform to those rulebooks.
3) Since speed is of the essence in returning to Darokin, encounters will be designed for one of three pathways...
a) The PCs commandeer the Master's airship and proceed to fly home or...
b) The PCs figure out the House of Zebulon and use it to exit back to the abbey on the eastern side of the mountains.
c) The PCs make their way south on foot escaping into the Savage Baronies and from there finding passage on a ship that takes them east back to the seas of the Known World.

This article would only be around ten pages or so, I don't think I can write more than that, unless someone else finds this interesting enough to collaborate?

Mike
Ogre

Post by Mike » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:33 am

That sounds awesome NPCDave

Robin
Storm Giant

Post by Robin » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:04 am

I have a starting location. A non-settlement bound tavern named; The Barrel
Originally intended to be placed near Rugalov(Karameikos), could be placed easily elsewhere in the Known world in a forested region.
I have several isometric Drawings of the location, a full crew description and other details.
If interested, I have to compile the drawings and such and scan them, and copywrite my handwritten drawings into digital text
So say so if interested and I start searching it together.

Also I can proofread again, as before.
My Deviantart page; http://6inchnails.deviantart.com/ For Mystara hexmaps and Fantasy art (to see all fantasy art; enter and declare you are an adult...frigging exposure rules)
My personal Mystara Blog;http://breathofmystara.blogspot.nl/

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:32 am

Dave, Robin, both ideas are very cool!
GP

oleck
Bugbear

Post by oleck » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:27 pm

Does a new island kingdom can fit here?