[Bluffside] Right Under Our Noses

Discuss Troll Lord Game's rules set here.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Bluffside] Right Under Our Noses

Post by Big Mac » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:54 pm

Troll Lord Games have a free adventure called Bluffside: Right Under Our Noses:
Troll Lord Games wrote:Right Under Our Noses brings you face to face with the legendary city of Bluffside! Converted by Hal Greenberg, Derrick Landwehr and Peter J. Schroeder for Castles & Crusades Right Under Our Noses is the perfect teaser for what's to come. Written for the classic d20 system in the days of yore Bluffside City on the Edge was an instant classic. So while you are waiting for that, take a look at what ou are in store for!

Right Under Our Noses is a short 1-2 night adventure designed for a party of four 4th level characters, and is set in the Bluffside Campaign Setting. This adventure features locations and NPCs which are detailed in the Bluffside: City on the Edge sourcebook. It takes place in and around an old sewer dumping station controlled by shady steam gnomes. They have disturbed a delicate ecological balance and the results are now affecting others as a horrid stench is sickening people in the streets above. The party investigates the issue, only to find the gnomes have bitten off more than they can chew, and it is up to our heroes to find a solution.
I wonder what Stephen Rowe, the RPG Sewer Guru thinks of this adventure! :D
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: [Bluffside] Right Under Our Noses

Post by Tim Baker » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:52 am

Good find!

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:17 pm

Tim Baker wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:52 am
Good find!
Thanks.

I think that Bluffside: City on the Edge was a d20 System (3rd Edition) campaign setting. I don't think I've seen too many people mentioning it at The Piazza.

I wonder how big the fanbase is and how much of it moved to C&C.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:10 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:17 pm
I think that Bluffside: City on the Edge was a d20 System (3rd Edition) campaign setting.
That's correct.
Big Mac wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:17 pm
I don't think I've seen too many people mentioning it at The Piazza.

I wonder how big the fanbase is and how much of it moved to C&C.
Good question. I don't see it discussed much on the C&C communities, either.

barrataria
Hobgoblin

Post by barrataria » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:54 pm

When did the 3E period become "days of yore"? :P

I worked on a cliffside-city idea for a few years on and off before someone pointed this out to me. IIRC it's a big asteroid crater, with the city built on the... edge. That's about all I recollect.
Companion Expansion and adventure modules for basic and expert games: free for download and always in print (on demand): http://www.barrataria.com

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:28 pm

barrataria wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:54 pm
When did the 3E period become "days of yore"? :P
I think it's all a matter of perspective. For the thousands of new gamers who were exposed to the concept of RPGs via Twitch livestreams, 3rd Edition must seem ancient. In fairness, we're as separated from the beginning of 3.5 now as the release of OD&D was to 2nd Edition AD&D. When I was a kid and picked up 2nd Ed. for the first time, I only knew there was a 1st Edition because I was holding the 2nd, and had no idea that there had been a series of D&D booklets created prior to that.

That being said, for those of us who have been gaming for some time, 3.5 really doesn't seem that long ago. :)

Return to “Castles & Crusades”